Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Mass Effect 3 Ending Discussion (May Have Unmarked Spoilers)

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 Next >

02.22.2012 1:34am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

EDIT Aaand CaButler beat me to the punch

Jump to Post

02.22.2012 2:17am

Amer
pew pew pew

I am totally good with hot Ashley. I thought she was hot in the first game and the long hair is even better. I really don't think her face has changed that much. 

I'm sorry baby. I know I should have stayed faithful to you in ME2, but you were so angry with me, and I just got rezzed from the dead, and Miranda....dat.....you know. 

Please, take me back Ash. Please. 

Jump to Post

02.22.2012 2:23am

Ashilyn
Career GM

For those who didn't hear, thanks to an accidental posting on Xbox Live now, we know both what the first DLC for the game is, and probably what the extra character/mission included in the colelctor's Edition is. The DLC listed on XBL Marketplace cost 800 MS points and was titled "From Ashes" (so this is clearly the earlier rumoured "From Dust" DLC), and features recruiting at
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Prothean o_O
squadmate. No word on if permenant, temp, or what, but it's mostly likely the mysterious character of that race featured in the Mass Effect artbook that comes out next week.

Jump to Post

02.22.2012 9:51am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

I... really hope there's some good in-story justification for that spoiler.

Jump to Post

02.22.2012 10:21am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Southern Comfort said:

Of course there is.

After Doc Solus tries to steal element zero from some militant batarians, Shepard goes back in time in a modified Mako.  He has to make sure that his tribal ancestors get together, or else he'll disappear from existence and not be able to stop the Reapers.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

02.22.2012 3:48pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Southern Comfort said:

They put it Legion and he's one of my favorite characters.  I have faith they'll pull it off...

... completely nonsensical as it might seem right now.

Jump to Post

02.22.2012 8:39pm
 (Edited on 02.22.2012 at 8:48pm)

Som
Genitals are Funny

Everyday i feel better about pirating this game.

Jump to Post

02.22.2012 9:29pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Well, I already preordered the N7 edition so my thoughts on the matter...

https://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt26/kohimesan/bawwww.jpg">

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 3:44am

Ashilyn
Career GM

I still don't get how they've gone too far about anything with ME3. DA2 was far worse with it's crazy preorder and exclusive bullshit. People seem to keep forgetting that.

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 4:46am

Som
Genitals are Funny

So because they've done it before, we shouldn't make a big deal if they do it again? I should remember that arguement next time i get caught speeding.

Also this isn't some small insignificant character like Zaheed or Sebastian Vael. It's a fucking
prothean.

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 5:07am

Southern Comfort

One character with a doubtlessly contrived reason for joining the squad chopped off into DLC does not a ruined forever game make.

I've been hearing this argument all day, and I'm already sick of it.  Come on, people, this is fucking EA.  I fully well expected them to chop something semi-important out and sell it as DLC.  It's standard operating procedure for EA, you can't expect them not to fuck with your game to line their own pocketbook, and it's not going away anytime soon because all those sweet dollars count a hell of a lot more than a bunch of people bitching.  Making them stop this shit will take exactly this: a worldwide permanent boycott until EA files bankruptcy and is dissolved, making them an example to any other studio who tries it.  And face it, that is not going to happen.

Welcome to the future, people, you let this happen.  You can get as angry as you want, but you're going to get fucked in the ass any way you go about it.  You might as well shut up, start applying lube, and read up on prostate orgasms.  Don't want to get fucked in the ass by EA? Build a time machine, go back ten years, and start giving love to all those little independant studios who did awesome stuff before they went broke and EA gobbled them up.

Meanwhile, I'm ambivalent about how a character from a 50,000-year-dead race can really add $20 of value to a game.  It's not like they're demanding you pay $20 to get all of Ashley's character arc, or the good ending, or the ability to play as Femshep, or anything else as important.  I'll reserve judgement until I know more.  As should you.

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 5:15am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

You're asking a lot for people to reserve judgement when it's easiler to complain about it before anybody knows what happens or how important it is.

My guess?  
Stasis pods or something similar.  And this wouldn't be an ass pull since they referenced that back in ME1, when you reached that planet with the VI and the dead Protheans.

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 5:32am

kjonez
with a Z

I've pre ordered ME3 from gamestop for PC. Will I still have to register it through Orgin or can I play it as a stand alone game without any ties to Orgin or anything else? Also will I still be able to transfer over my saves from ME2 even though I bought it through Steam?

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 6:09am

Southern Comfort

Apparently you will have to be logged into Origin to play on the PC.  No offline mode.  Yes, this is an antipiracy measure.  Yes, release groups will most likely have a crack out for that a few days later.  Yes, this is how I recommend you play ME3 on the PC, even if you bought the game.

Also, transferring saves is one of the major selling points of the entire series.  I'm sure it will be casually easy to transfer saves on the PC, and if it's not, it shouldn't be that hard to fish out your last save file and import it from the desktop.

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 6:28am

Som
Genitals are Funny

game save files are in your 'my documents' folder, seperate from your steam files so it won't be an issue at all

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter