Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Mass Effect 3 Ending Discussion (May Have Unmarked Spoilers)

< Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 Next >

05.27.2012 6:14am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

The idea of having multiplayer being incorporated with the single player game as long as its just a way to provide you with some cool new items but to have it affect the ending is just taking it a little too extreme.

My guess is you just need to get 9000 to 10000 war assets to get the perfect ending and people said they have done it, even the EA PR said so. But to achieve that is as hard as the conditions of fighting Sheng Long in Street Fighter II. I did all the side missions and scanned every galaxy and still ended up with 6,700 War Assets, my guess is that there are scenarios that you play in ME1 and ME2 that affects the game in ME3 to beef up your War Assets. One such example is

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

Zaeed, he was not loyal to me at the end of ME2 so I guess that's how he died in ME3. He probably would have increased my War Assets

I think the philosiphy of Bioware is making  that high of an Effective Military Strength attainble in single player but really really difficult. Whereas in ME2, getting the perfect ending requires dedication but easily attainable.

For me I don't like this. Like I said for optional items and stuff incorporating MP with the Single Player is ok, but for it to get the best ending? The Multiplayer should not affect the Single Player experience to such an extent especially since (a) Mass Effect never had multiplayer until ME3  and ME has always been about the rich Single Player experience (b) This means the game requires an online pass + Xbox Live. Which is a hinderance if you buy the game used or you don't play your Xbox or PS3 online. And many still dont heck I have friends who have a PS3 and they have never hooked it up online yet even for Call of Duty. (c) the Servers for ME3 won't be around forever, what if I am a person who buys the game 2 years down the road. And we know EA has a knack of shutting down servers prematurley.

In response to Inquisitor,

Apparently the best ending is with that scene where Sheaprd survives. Yes its a small scene but Mass Effect is a franchise I have invested 3 games, 4+ years in. I have invested so much time and effort to my Sheaprd and to get shafted out from a good ending since the final chapter wants to punish gamers who don't hook up multiplayer is pretty darn cheap. 

Jump to Post

05.27.2012 3:16pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

^

In response to Zaeed, he only adds 25 war assets if you get him. Most of the scenarios involving some of the decisions from ME1 and ME2 that affect EMS only affect it by 25-100 war assets. Based on how the series played out, I really don't think it's possible to get to the 9k - 10k range without multiplayer. 

I asked about the ending b/c BioWare stated that the best ending was available without multiplayer. I'm pretty sure they believe that that is 

synthesis

If someone knows a definitive way to reach 4-5k ems without multiplayer I'd love to see it, but  I haven't seen anything pop up on the net yet. 

Jump to Post

05.27.2012 6:47pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Crap, I totally forgot about the Operations weekend! I have three characters who maybe have a chance of being promoted in time, but with all the things I have to do today, it doesn't look good. And I really wanted to get a chance to get the N7 Valiant III, too. :(

Jump to Post

05.27.2012 7:06pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

It always annoys me when they do the promote x characters (ok it's only the second time but still) because I will have just promoted one or two people.  I've got two 19s and an 18 but hardly the time to play this weekend. 

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

05.28.2012 7:20am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Inquisitor said:
If someone knows a definitive way to reach 4-5k ems without multiplayer I'd love to see it, but  I haven't seen anything pop up on the net yet. 
There isn't, no matter how you play it. You have to play multiplayer to get the Shepard lives ending.

I sure as hell wouldn't call synthesis the best ending.

Jump to Post

05.28.2012 7:36am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Neither would I, but that was clearly the intent based on the EMS required for it.

Shepard lived in my Destroy ending and I had a pretty low score on my first run. Only Synthesis requires a crazy score of 5000/10000 to get the same cutscene.

Jump to Post

05.28.2012 9:33am

KyleIII
Registered Member

The only ending that allows you to get the Shepard lives scene is Destroy (Which makes sense, since s/he is disintegrated in the other two), and for that you have to have either 5000 EMS or 4000 if you persuade the Illusive Man. Neither score is possible without getting your readiness score above 50%.

Jump to Post

05.28.2012 9:47am

Rain
hip hop what what
Administrator

Thankfully, I love ME3 multiplayer. Thus, didn't have to worry about it. Beat it again on Insanity in about 13 hours, which I'm pretty proud of. 

Jump to Post

05.28.2012 9:18pm

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Nice, I should get around to doing my Insanity run and playing some MP too. I want to play as some Batarians, Geth and.....Vorcha now? Pretty rad.

Jump to Post

05.29.2012 7:10pm

Rain
hip hop what what
Administrator

If you have a character at level 50+ for Insanity, it's a breeze. I plowed right through it...until I got to Marauder Shields. That guy is a bitch.

Jump to Post

05.29.2012 7:11pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Rain said:

If you have a character at level 50+ for Insanity, it's a breeze. I plowed right through it...until I got to Marauder Shields. That guy is a bitch.

Yeah, I'm gonna do Insanity with my other ME2 character - so I'll start at 30...

Jump to Post

05.30.2012 8:39am

Rain
hip hop what what
Administrator

30 shouldn't be so bad. I played through on Normal with a ME2 import and got him to 55, and then I imported that character again. Made life very simple.

Jump to Post

05.30.2012 2:45pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah - I'll probably re-import my paragon adept to grind kills for that one trophy, but to play through the whole story again I want my renegade femShep (who I think I'll turn from sentinel to engineer).  Just waiting for the DLC before I do it.

Jump to Post

06.26.2012 2:06pm

Darth Revan
Jen' Jari Iv Tave Sith

Apologies for reviving a 'dead thread' (though we have a 'achivement ' for doing so... meh), but after watching two of the new 'Extended Endings' for Mass Effect 3, Synthesis and Control, (available to download now for free), here are my thoughts:

Synthesis... I haven't stopped laughing about it. Not gonna spoil it for anyone, just I found it particularly hilarious.

Control... Honestly, reminded me of your standard, stereotypical Sci Fi ending ala Star Trek (watch Wrath of Kahn... the ending is similar in some aspects... and that's all I'm gonna say).Yes, still laughing over that one too!

Haven't done the Destroy Good ending yet, the one where there's the extra footage of someone in N7 armor taking a breath amid rubble (which we've all seen thanks to Youtube) as my last save game is saved before the second last Priority mission, to ensure I have the Galactic Readiness at 100% etc... tbh, I really don't feel like going back to it and playing all the way through to the end and watch the 'extended ending'.

All in all, I'm not disappointed per se... rather I do have to commend BioWare for giving me a good laugh. I'll stick with my fanfic and the ending I have planned for it and consider that to be the ending to MY Shepard's story... as after seeing what we have now, (and I don't care what anyone says about fanfics not being canon etc... the Shepard in my fanfic, IS my Shepard in the game, ergo she's mine) I'm going to make one which does justice to her and her crew... all imo that is.

Final opinion of the 'Extended Ending'.... a good laugh.

Here's vids of the 'extended endings'... View at your own risk.

Destroy Ending

Synthesis Ending

Control Ending

Jump to Post

06.26.2012 3:58pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I watched the Destroy ending and wow.... so assuming you cut these up evenly that's about 600 mb for essentially 4 minutes of "new" footage that amounts to one person talking and then a short clip at the end.   Why did they even bother with this? 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter