Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

2011-12 NFL Playoffs: The Thread

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next >

01.16.2012 3:54am
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Should be a fun NFC Championship game.

I think the thing that the Giants have going for them is that they're playing with zero pressure right now. No one expected them to make the playoffs with the Philly "Dream Team" Eagles in the NFC East, much less get this far in.

Not sure how that will factor into the NFC Championship game, I just know that the last time they met it was a close game, and the Giants actually have a defense now.  The Niners couldn't really run on the defense last time, but Alex Smith was able to actually throw it on them. Now that the Giants have a pass rush, that won't be as easy.

I think the Giants are the better team overall, though the Niners have MUCH better special teams. But if the Niners offense plays like they did for three quarters last night, they could be handing the G-Men tickets to the Super Bowl on a silver platter. They're just lucky Nawlins was even worse.

Jump to Post

01.16.2012 6:22am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

A Giants vs. Ravens Super Bowl would be nice. Unlike in 2000, we'd have competent or better QB play from both sides, as opposed to having the two worst quarterbacks not named Rex Grossman to ever play in a Super Bowl.

Jump to Post

01.16.2012 3:15pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

That is all.

Jump to Post

01.16.2012 4:15pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

We're starting the trash talking now, BT?  Oh, it's so on.

Jump to Post

01.16.2012 4:26pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm so torn. I love both teams I don't know which one to support!

Jump to Post

01.16.2012 4:30pm
 (Edited on 01.16.2012 at 6:23pm)

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

CaButler said:

We're starting the trash talking now, BT?  Oh, it's so on.

When are you and I ever NOT trash talking each other? Other than this post, clearly.

EDIT: Oh, and the NFL Shop is trolling Niner fans...

Jump to Post

01.16.2012 9:00pm

kjonez
with a Z

Just got back in town and all I've got to say is: Go Go New York Football Giants!

kjonez said:

Calling it right now. Giants 24 Packers 21

I wasn't too far off with the Packers score at least lol.

Jump to Post

01.17.2012 8:23pm
 (Edited on 01.17.2012 at 8:28pm)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I finally got my first action of the NFL playoffs with the 49ers vs giants game. Been out of the country and then without a computer, so its finally time to join this thread! GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dream of the Harbaugh bowl of Ravens vs Niners, but it's probably gonna be Patriots vs 49ers. The Giants game will be tough but I think the 49ers can pull it out.  The GIants looked super impressive against the Packers, but with the 49ers offense rolling like it hasn't since Jeff Garcia and TO were on the team, and the best D in the league, I'm feeling good. IT's also the first time I"ll be rooting against my boy victor cruz, who delieved me two fantasy championships this year and took me to third place in another.

As far as pressure,  the 49ers have even less pressure than the Giants here. Nobody thought Alex Smith even deserved to be on an NFL roster leading into this season, and with a new coach+new system amist a lockout after a horrible season last year and not making the playoffs for 11 years, the Niners had less expectations than the Giants going into the season.  Eli's won a superbowl and when you have a superbowl QB, you are never too surprised to see the team having success again.

I'd just like to thank the St Loius Rams. Without their win over the saints this season, saints would have had home field over Niners, likely being the difference in that game. Thanks Rams!!

Jump to Post

01.17.2012 10:13pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

That's right, the Packers lost because of sparkles.

Jump to Post

01.17.2012 11:42pm

Crisium
N/A

As a Steelers fan, Patriots vs Ravens is about the worst AFC Championship possible.

Yet, make no mistake.  We'll gladly throw our support behind the Patriots - for now.

The safest bet for Pittsburgh is to root for the Giants.  They are no threat to our record like the 49ers.  Go Giants!

Jump to Post

01.19.2012 1:01am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I don't have a dog in this fight.  I guess I'm pulling for a Patriots-Giants Superbowl, just for the hype and intrigue behind a potential rematch from a few years ago.

Jump to Post

01.19.2012 2:37am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Officially given up on trying to find a relatively cheap Steve Young jersey for this weekend. Too many horrid knock-off websites. :(

Jump to Post

01.19.2012 7:29am

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Already have a bar in mind in San Francisco to troll on Sunday. 

Go Giants!

Jump to Post

01.19.2012 7:49pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

As a result of the Bruins beating the Canucks in the last Stanley Cup Playoffs, I am everything againts Boston and Sports right now. As a result I will be rooting againts The Patriots as much as possible.

It would have been sweet if Tim Tebow eliminated Tom Brady and his Patroits but I guess its not meant to be.

Go Ravens!!!

Jump to Post

01.20.2012 12:25am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I can guarantee you Tebow will never eliminate Tom Brady in their lifetimes. Just can't see it happening. I hate Brady's guts but the dude is on a different world in football terms.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter