Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

2011-12 NFL Playoffs: The Thread

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next >

01.21.2012 11:56am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I really, REALLY wish Madden and Summerall would come back for one game and call the Giants/49ers tilt...

Jump to Post

01.21.2012 1:01pm

Ulterior
Registered Member

Why are the #1 broadcast teams so bad? Aikman and Buck are nigh-unbearable. Same thing goes for Gumble-Dierdorf.

It's like the networks hate intelligent, or even average, commentary.

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

01.21.2012 2:10pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The issue I have is that Buck/Aikman are almost always calling the Dallas games and Jim Nance and Phil Simms call the Pats games, which is the majority of games I'm subjected to watching through the regular season. I understand the interest, but after a while they're either bashing for the sake of bashing or being outright homers. I don't think Buck's head could fit any further up Romo's ass. I'm fine with Gumble, but Dierdorf is Captain Obvious most of the time.

Jump to Post

01.21.2012 3:05pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm still annoyed that Fox didn't use Gus Johnson for any of their NFL games this season. :(

Jump to Post

01.21.2012 3:43pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Understandable. He's better suited for college ball though.

Jump to Post

01.22.2012 4:38pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Big Tall said:

The issue I have is that Buck/Aikman are almost always calling the Dallas games and Jim Nance and Phil Simms call the Pats games, which is the majority of games I'm subjected to watching through the regular season. I understand the interest, but after a while they're either bashing for the sake of bashing or being outright homers. I don't think Buck's head could fit any further up Romo's ass. I'm fine with Gumble, but Dierdorf is Captain Obvious most of the time.
Madden and Summerall were equally big homers when they were calling the Cowboys games every Sunday.  They're only playing to their audience.  I understand it can be frustrating to the fans of the teams they're playing though.

Jump to Post

01.22.2012 5:38pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Big Tall said:

I like Aikman but I despise Buck, almost as much as I loathe Collinsworth.

Jump to Post

01.22.2012 7:30pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I also like Aikman except when he calls Cowboys games. I hate Joe Buck all the time.

Jump to Post

01.22.2012 10:34pm

kjonez
with a Z

I wish baseball season was longer. I don't like the game, but whatever keeps Joe Buck away from the NFL is good in my books.

Jump to Post

01.22.2012 10:41pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

He's also known to hate anything New York related.

Bastard.

Jump to Post

01.23.2012 1:23am

Lucent
Dip Trip Flip Fantasia

So I cannot believe that happened to the Ravens,

But--

:D

Jump to Post

01.23.2012 3:37am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I won't be able to sleep tonight. Damn... I wanted Baltimore.

Jump to Post

01.23.2012 3:38am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Looks like we're getting the sequel to Super Bowl XLII.

Time to create some fun subtitles, now.

Jump to Post

01.23.2012 3:51am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Holy crap either both the 9ers and the giants have amazing defenses, or both offensive lines got really sloppy at the end there. I would've been happy with either the 9ers or the giants so I'm psyched. Lets go Big Blue!

Jump to Post

01.23.2012 3:58am

kjonez
with a Z

What a great post season for me and the Giants. I'm 3/3 on bets at work.

A volunteer from Atlanta had to make me Giants cookies in the shape of football helmets.
My boss who is a Packers fan had to wear his chessehead hat for a day after I spray painted it blue.
And now tomorrow a co-worker who is a die hard 49ers fan has to wear my Eli jersey all day.

My other boss is a Pats fan and I plan on going 4/4 on the best bet yet. I have two weeks to think of somthing good. Feel free to throw me suggestions. Go Giants!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter