Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

2011-12 NFL Playoffs: The Thread

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next >

02.06.2012 3:45pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

The game itself was a close one, so the anticipation at the end was at a high point. The game didn't have a whole lot of spectacular plays in it.

A few of the commercials did give us a bunch of laughs, like the Doritos one with the dog keeping the man quiet. heh heh

Now, what's all this about the halftime show? We all thought it was spectacular, FAR better than the past several years.

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 4:24pm

kjonez
with a Z

Bud Bowl will solve every halftime show. Not some old woman and her gang of Egyptian whores.

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 4:36pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I kept begging my family members to watch the puppy bowl instead during halftime but nooooooo they had to watch madonna.

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 5:58pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

At least the Black Eyed Peas had Slash show up. Madonna had pretty low standards to meet and couldn't even do that IMO.

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 6:13pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Madonna was better than the Black Eyed Peas, but that isn't exactly hard to do. Still sucked compared to Paul McCartney, Prince, The Who, and especially Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce. Though the backlash against M.I.A.'s fingering malfunction will be hilarious to see.

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 7:13pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

My perfect halftime show would be to watch more football. I don't really understand the point of watching a live music performance, unlive.

I didn't have a dog in this one but I thought it was a pretty good game. the NFC and AFC championship games were better though.

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 7:16pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Oh, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan was awesome on Twitter last night:

On rooting for the Giants...

On Madonna...

When Cee-lo showed up...

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 9:05pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Crux said:

Now, what's all this about the halftime show? We all thought it was spectacular, FAR better than the past several years.

I loved it, but then again, I'm a diehard Madonna fan. Barring that, it was a big, loud, flashy spectacle, which is what I expect out of the Super Bowl Half-Time Show.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 2:10pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 8:26pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Watched the ticker tape parade (and waiting on the NJ pep rally in MetLife to start). Watching Cruz do the salsa with Strahan was hilarious.

Also, one of my old college roommates met Osi at a gas station/Dunkin Donuts this morning.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 8:56pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Onyx said:

Watched the ticker tape parade (and waiting on the NJ pep rally in MetLife to start). Watching Cruz do the salsa with Strahan was hilarious.

Also, one of my old college roommates met Osi at a gas station/Dunkin Donuts this morning.

Imagine being Cruz? You're almost cut at the beginning of the year and 4th or lower on the depth chart in training camp.

People get injured and you become one of the top 10 receivers in the NFL... and then win a Super Bowl.

It's almost like a movie script.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 9:37pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Please tell me the parade and celebrations were like that scene from Madagascar...

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 10:38pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

amaron said:

Onyx said:

Imagine being Cruz? You're almost cut at the beginning of the year and 4th or lower on the depth chart in training camp.

People get injured and you become one of the top 10 receivers in the NFL... and then win a Super Bowl.

It's almost like a movie script.

And to add to the drama, he was a local boy with a dream of making it big while trying to get out of the streets of Paterson.

Jump to Post

02.08.2012 6:44pm
 (Edited on 02.08.2012 at 6:49pm)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Cruz was top 5 receiver in the NFL this year, not just top 10. For wide receivers, he was 3rd in receiving yards, 7th TDs, and 5th in receptions.

Jump to Post

02.08.2012 7:16pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Cruz was an absolute beast this year. Nicks was also awesome and Manningham during the postseason run was pretty good, too. Definitely one of the best receiving corps in the NFL this year and probably the best traditional one. Though Grawnk, Hernandez, and WELKAH were pretty damned good (and very unorthodox), too.

I betcha Tawmy from Quinzee wishes he had some of the Giants' fackin dahkies to bring home another Lombardi Trophy to the Pats Sawx Nation.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter