Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Captain America 3: Civil War

10.29.2014 5:53am
Thread Creator (Edited on 10.29.2014 at 9:12am)

Zubis
Registered Member

New sneak peak at an Ultron scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwuoYKhqx8

I love Thor's expression when 

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Cap nudges the hammer.

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 5:57am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Thor:  "hahah- wait what"

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 1:39pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Zubis, I had not thought about that Nova scene but that would be amazing.  Although Rich had a lot of history with them at that point that MCU Star-Lord doesn't.

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 1:48pm
 (Edited on 10.29.2014 at 6:40pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Zubis said:

New sneak peak at an Ultron scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwuoYKhqx8

I love Thor's expression when 

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Cap nudges the hammer.

This is great.

I really love the social hangout vibe, but man, this movie is obviously going to kill it, and Civil War isn't gonna help.

This has been me for the last 18 hours or so:

Here's a hand-held cam recording of the presentation.  Skip to 10:37 for the INFINITY WAR teaser (mostly clips from other movies, and then the moneyshot):

Scott Derrickson is directing Doctor Strange.  Most of his credits are horror writing and directing, which makes me a bit more interested (Sinister, in particular, was way better than it had any right to be).... but The Day the Earth Stood Still is on there too. 

Realization:
By the end of 2018, Marvel will have created a shared-canon universe spanning twenty* movies and six TV series (or, well, a TV series, a TV miniseries, and four Netflix limited series).  Just getting to Avengers (and successfully!) was crazy, but the sheer scope of the craziness here is a little mind-blowing.

*I'm pretty sure I counted right.  Let's see:
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
The Black Panther
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War pt. 1
Captain Marvel
The Inhumans
Avengers: Infinity War pt. 2

I don't think I missed any?  I don't think Ang Lee's HULK counts as in-canon, but I haven't seen The Incredible Hulk to really know one way or the other.

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 9:13pm

Zo
another blue ribbon

Where is my goddamn She-Hulk movie is what I wanna know

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 9:32pm

Jaran

Zo said:

Where is my goddamn She-Hulk movie is what I wanna know

After last night's SHIELD:  <_<;

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 10:05pm

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

She-Hulk played by Julianna Marguiles and it playes entirely as a legal drama and there are no other heroes and she's not a Hulk and it's literally just a $200 million episode of The Good Wife

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 11:54pm

Zo
another blue ribbon

This guy. This guy gets it.

Jump to Post

10.30.2014 1:19am

Jaran

Thing is, that might actually work

Jump to Post

10.30.2014 2:45am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Mole said:

She-Hulk played by Julianna Marguiles and it playes entirely as a legal drama and there are no other heroes and she's not a Hulk and it's literally just a $200 million episode of The Good Wife

It's the Good Wife, except 2/3 of the way through she loses her cool and punches Michael J. Fox through a wall.

Then looks right at the camera and comments on how we all knew he had it coming.

Jump to Post

10.30.2014 3:03am

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

"HULK SMASH."

*whispers* "'In your opinion.'"

"WHAT?"

"You have to say, 'In your opinion.'"

"YOU SERIOUS?"

"Yes."

*sigh* "HULK SMASH... IN HULK'S OPINION."

Jump to Post

10.30.2014 10:13am

Salazar
Still here...

So does anyone know who this is?

Jump to Post

10.30.2014 12:20pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 10.30.2014 at 12:54pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2813451/Mystery-solved-Claudia-Kim-identified-woman-hero-filled-party-scene-new-Avengers-Age-Ultron-extended-trailer.html

Dat wiggle.

Jump to Post

10.30.2014 1:28pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I like to imagine he could have picked it up if he wanted to, and he realized this, but he didn't WANT to so he stopped.

And hopefully at some point in the movie, when the badassity is most needed, he'll pick it up and use it and/or throw it to Thor.

Jump to Post

10.30.2014 2:34pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Mole said:

My favorite run on She-Hulk was Dan Slott's run which had a distinctly Ally McBeal vibe, so sure!

I fell in love with the character of Carol Danvers when she was Binary in the 80s (the X-Men issue where Rogue joins the team and Carol punches her into orbit on sight).  She's been one of my top 3 maybe favorite Marvel characters ever since then.  So thrilled we're getting her in a movie.  But...can't help but be a little dissapointed.  Because Carol's Ms. Marvel costume was one of the best costumes in comics.  The fact that she stopped using it is a travesty!

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter