Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Days of Future Past

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next >

04.18.2014 12:26am

Zubis
Registered Member

Apparently the general opinion of Hollywood on this matter is "no surprise there".

Note pics in this article could be questionable if NSFW.

https://defamer.gawker.com/bryan-singers-obsession-with-barely-legal-boys-was-an-o-1564367291

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 4:06am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Why is it that when someone's accused of rape no one ever thinks about the survivor as anything but a scheming liar out to ruin a perfectly innocent person's life?  THAT is what makes people afraid to come forward.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 5:18am
 (Edited on 04.18.2014 at 5:40am)

Old Juan
filled with hate

Dr Squirrel said:

Why is it that when someone's accused of rape no one ever thinks about the survivor as anything but a scheming liar out to ruin a perfectly innocent person's life?  THAT is what makes people afraid to come forward.

If this was directed at my previous post, I thought I made it pretty clear that this is a horrible situation either way. Did Singer molest that kid or is this some kind of defamitory cash grab. I don't know yet as we don't have enough information yet to say for certain on either side of the situation.

The fact that there have been many cases where its been ultimately found that the accuser was either coherced into or is whole sale making false statements in an attempt to pressure someone else into a financial settlement, especially when that person is known figure in one way or another is the precise reason why a lot of people are hesitant to take the persons claims seriously, and a direct repurcussion of this is that it does make people who are real victims of these predatory crimes reluctant afraid to come forward. That is a goddamn shame.

Let me be clear, do I think it's possible that this person is telling the truth...yes. Do I know for sure....no and won't until more information comes out.

If Singer is in fact guilty of the crimes in the lawsuit, then I hope he gets what is coming to him and this person along with any of the other victims get justice.

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 6:27am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

So, uh... OH LOOK THE FINAL TRAILER

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 8:13am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Movie looks like it'll be insanely fun.  I can't wait.

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 8:23am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Old Juan said:

If this was directed at my previous post, I thought I made it pretty clear that this is a horrible situation either way.
Not as much as you emphasized how the real threat is Singer's career.

The fact that there have been many cases where its been ultimately found that the accuser was either coherced into or is whole sale making false statements in an attempt to pressure someone else into a financial settlement, especially when that person is known figure in one way or another is the precise reason why a lot of people are hesitant to take the persons claims seriously, and a direct repurcussion of this is that it does make people who are real victims of these predatory crimes reluctant afraid to come forward. That is a goddamn shame.

This happens so little that it's hardly even worth mentioning.  This is the kind of automatic victim blaming that keeps people from speaking up.  

Let me be clear, do I think it's possible that this person is telling the truth...yes. Do I know for sure....no and won't until more information comes out.

What more do you want?  More survivors?  A confession?  What does it take to recognize the rapist as the bad guy?  Everyone around him has already said it's true.  Look at Zubis' article.

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 9:39am

The Hulk
Good Boy

He likes hot young white dick.  Ergo, he must be a rapist.  Makes sense.

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 7:07pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Dr Squirrel said:

What more do you want? More survivors? A confession? What does it take to recognize the rapist as the bad guy? Everyone around him has already said it's true. Look at Zubis' article.

I didn't realize that I had to go into detail about why it sucks if the accusers accusations are true. That's a given. The only reason I spent more time on the other side of the coin was because people tend to maginalize and gloss over what happens to someone who is falsely accused of such a crime. They simply don't get to go back to things as they were before hand afterword. That shit stays with them for the rest of their days even if they are innocent of any wrong doing.

With all due respect please don't put words into my mouth. I never flat out said that Mr. Egan is a liar and that Bryan Singer is completely innocent. I merely pointed out this situation sucks no matter how you slice it and that I'm simply waiting for more info to come out before I decide either way and that does not make me a victim blamer.

What really sucks is that if Bryan is guilty, he isn't going to go to jail like he should given that this is a cival suite, not a criminal one.

I read the article that Zubis posted and at best all it proves is that Singer has a fettish for younger guys. While I and you might find it distastefull, it doesn't automatically mean he's guilty of sexual assault, nor does mean that he hasn't committed any crimes either.

Let me repeat. I am completely open to notion that he is in fact guilty. If he is, I sure as hell hope that Hollywood(not holding my breath)does the right thing and blacklists him so that he never has an opportunity do this to anybody else and that Mr. Egan gets some form of justice and closure because unfortunately Singer won't b serving jail time due to the statutes of limitations for a criminal trial have passed. 

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 7:34pm

Kal
yes

Old Juan said:

I didn't realize that I had to go into detail about why it sucks if the accusers accusations are true. That's a given. The only reason I spent more time on the other side of the coin was because people tend to maginalize and gloss over what happens to someone who is falsely accused of such a crime. They simply don't get to go back to things as they were before hand afterword. That shit stays with them for the rest of their days even if they are innocent of any wrong doing. 
Yes, Hollywood is notoriously cruel and unforgiving with white male criminals

Jump to Post

04.18.2014 8:37pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

^^

Hollywoods track record is shit when it comes to it but one can always hope this time will be different.

Jump to Post

04.22.2014 12:34am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

https://www.tmz.com/2014/04/19/bryan-singer-x-men-sexual-assault-michael-egan-fbi/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-accusers-lawyer-was-697953

Singer also claims to have proof that he was in Canada, not Hawaii, during the time when Egan accused him of sexually assaulting him. This is starting to sound more like a guy looking for a payday instead of Singer being a despicable excuse of a human being.

Although it should be noted that Egan WAS sexually assaulted and raped as a minor and the guy who had criminal charges filed against him plead guilty to doing some really horrible shit to him and other boys. Just that his story involving Singer is becoming pretty fishy, especially if Singer's "proof" can be verified.

Jump to Post

04.22.2014 6:16pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Here's a link to a bullett point resonse from Singer's lawyer to Mr. Egan's attorney.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=863423

I wasn't aware of this information but appearantly years ago during the filming of Apt Pupil there was a controversy over the filming of a shower sequence. Below is a detailed article.

https://www.donmurphy.net/naked.html

Given all the information that has come so out so far, along with some of the pics that are on net....Bryan Singer might not be guilty of the crimes he's been recently accused of but he's definately a creepy dude in private.

Jump to Post

04.22.2014 6:43pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Sounds like a good/easy reason to file a fake claim then.  Kind of like with Michael Jackson back in the day.  If it wasn't true that he molested that boy (I honestly forget if a 100% conclusion was made at this point I've got bigger things to worry about in life) he sure was an easy target to make a fake claim on.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

04.22.2014 11:49pm

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I'm more or less convinced that Michael Jackson wasn't a child molester.  He didn't have a normal childhood, and he was basically emotionally stunted and recreating childhood by surrounding himself with kid friends.  But he was ridiculously wealthy and strange looking/acting and hanging out with children he wasn't related to, so yeah, easy target.

With Bryan Singer I couldn't say.  I'm pretty content to let the legal proceedings play out without speculating at this point.  I mean, I can't say I want it to be true, because it's obviously a bad thing to happen and because it's already weird/awkward enjoying movies directed by  Roman Polanski or starring O.J. Simpson, but I simply don't know.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

05.06.2014 1:55am

injustice
digital christ

So back on topic, it was reported a little while back that the run time is 130 minutes. I feel like running time is so sensitive, too long and you lose a lot of viewers through word of mouth, not long enough and your film falls apart. With such a complex story line I feel as if this run time is too short.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter