Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Guardians of the Galaxy

08.01.2014 3:35pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Anyone see it yet? It's been getting good reviews. Imma see it this weekend!

Jump to Post

08.01.2014 4:28pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

It was awesome. Gunn was a great choice.

Dat post credits scene.

Jump to Post

08.01.2014 9:45pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Going tomorrow.  Wary of what they are doing with the Nova Corps based on previews and stuff, but hopefully it will surprise me.  I just don't want this movie to ruin future prospects for Nova in films (although it would definitely be the new one instead of Rich...so...bleh).

Jump to Post

08.02.2014 4:22am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Planning on seeing it tomorrow. Been hype for this movie since I saw the first trailer. 

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

08.02.2014 5:27am

Ghast
Adult Human

I saw it this afternoon after stopping by my favorite dispensary downtown. In hindsight, the pot cookie was totally unnecessary for me to enjoy the movie. So much fun. Great soundtrack, great casting, great movie.

My favorite part was when the guy did the thing with the whatsit.

Jump to Post

08.02.2014 2:46pm

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

E!Online said:

Presumably more than popcorn flew when Regal Cinema patrons in Virginia and New Jersey were shown the 2012 fantasy film Rise of the Guardians last night instead of the eagerly anticipated Marvel superhero flick Guardians of the Galaxy, starring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldanaâ??and the theater somehow just couldn't get it right!

I'd be soooooo pissed.

http://www.eonline.com/news/565592/theaters-show-guardians-of-the-galaxy-fans-the-wrong-movie-over-and-over-again-cue-the-tweets

Jump to Post

08.03.2014 4:33pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

The movie was great. Funny and full of action.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Also was that howard the duck at the end?

Jump to Post

08.04.2014 1:06am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Yes, yes it was. The movie was great, probably my favorite of the year so far. I'll probably be going to see it again soon.

Jump to Post

08.04.2014 2:37am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Loved it. COSMO!! We got Cosmo! I guess they're saving his telepathy for the next movie? Bradley Cooper really brought it home with his performance. His drunken speech to Drax? Surprisingly moving. Although I couldn't really feel sad at Groot's sacrifice. Since we hadn't seen Groot small yet, I knew we would by the end. Downside is I feel my fears were justified. The Nova Corps is the military of one empire, they don't have powers, and Nova Prime is a politician. Sigh.

Jump to Post

08.04.2014 2:11pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

You know DC is having problems with their cinematic universe when we get a good Nova Corps movie before a good Green Lantern movie

Jump to Post

08.05.2014 1:42pm

Ramses
Registered Member

Loved the movie! Worst post credit scene in the MCU even with Captain America only having the Avengers trailer everybody had already watched a million times online. Read this elsewhere, and it's true,  but the last 30 second scene of Groot had more heart, warmth, and joy then all 2+ hours of Man of Steel could manage!

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

08.05.2014 8:01pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

It's no secret I am not a big fan for the Marvel Cinematic Universe from Disney/Marvel. I mean for the most part the movies have been ok but nothing much beyond that.

However Guardians of the Galaxy is the first from the MCU that I really enjoyed from beginning to end, I can go all around with the humor, the characters, the visuals, or the music but what I noticed here is felt like the film makers had a lot more freedom to be creative in Guardians than the previous movies. Where as the earlier movies it felt like each movie was holding back to appease the MCU and Avengers build up, Guardians felt like a genuine movie that just wanted to be a fun action adventure space movie. And it worked, I had a blast with this movie though I did have some pacing issues at the start.

Big Thumbs up for me.

This and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are definatley my top summer blockbusters of 2014.

Jump to Post

08.06.2014 1:35am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

HE SEES! HE SEES! MARVEL BE PRAISED!

Jump to Post

08.06.2014 2:14am

Lexx
Terran Angel

I enjoyed it very much.  Lot of feels were had at the beginning.  I was so happy to see Cosmo, and Rocket stole the show, IMO.  My only complaint is that Marvel really needs to work better on their villains.  Ronan could've been Malekith and Malekith could've been Ronan for all the difference it made.  Aside from that though, I have no complaints.

Jump to Post

08.06.2014 3:31am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Just came back from seeing it.  Agreed with Lexx, Bradley Cooper as Rocket stole the whole movie although the whole casting of the actual Guardians was well done.  Enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter