Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

TV shows and stuff: The Spinoff

< Prev 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 170 Next >

09.26.2013 3:57pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

JSG said:

I wasn't too impressed with how this season of Always Sunny started, but the last two eps REALLY picked up.

The first episodes punchline made the episode worth it for me. But last nights episode was hilarious all the way through.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 6:20pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Parks and Rec tonight, motherfuckers!

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 8:20pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I have a bad feeling about this season of parks and rec. I fear the quality dropping with it being season 6 and all.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 8:50pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Interesting about Sunny, I thought last nights was the least funny out of the four this season so far.  Still enjoyable, but a meh experience overall for Sunny.  I love the Maniac though.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 9:28pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Colinp42 said:

I really enjoyed SHIELD. Although my eternal love for Ming Na probably helps. I do think that Gunn (whatever his name is on this show or real life) would be a 100% perfect Falcon. I guess they could still go that way? Though probably not.

Anthony Mackie has been cast as Falcon in Captain America 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Mackie

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 10:17pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Late to the party on this, but BB:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Gray Matter. The one thing Walt could never, ever let go is what finally set him off to whatever we have in store for the finale. I heard a bit of the chatter before Walt got the bartender to switch the TV back, and when it was Elliot and Gretchen I'm pretty sure I said "Oh shit..." out loud.

So there we have it. Todd is stone-fucking cold. Killing Andrea like that? Jeezus. I didn't expect that (though admittedly I should have).

I don't know what'll happen three days from now. Jesse should be the one to kill Walt, but who the hell knows at this point.

Jump to Post

09.27.2013 3:15am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Ok I take it back that episode of parks was really good. I hope the writing stays this solid all season.
It's too bad that Chris and Ann Perkins are leaving halfway through the season.

Jump to Post

09.27.2013 3:32am
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

The Michael J. Fox Show is extremely watchable. I like Betsy Brandt as a lead, and Wendell Pierce might be one of those actors who has chemistry with everybody.

Parks and Rec:

Tom walks in on Ann and Chris in the doctor's office

Ann announces she's pregnant

THE DOCTOR IS SUDDENLY HENRY WINKLER

Jump to Post

09.27.2013 2:52pm
 (Edited on 09.28.2013 at 12:32am)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Parks and Rec might be the best show at hitting the sweet spot that's both hilariously funny without going over the top and edearingly sweet without being sacharrine.  That cold open was am-azing.

I'm really enjoying the MJF Show but even liking it it seems sorta... generic?  Bland?  Other than its upfront handling of Parkinsons (and Betsy Brandt being awesome and having fantastic chemisty with Fox) nothing about it really sticks out.  Though:  the "OOPS PARKINSONS" joke made me laugh, and then the immediate interview shot where he shrugs it off just topped it off.

Parenthood is back and it was great!  As it almost always is.

Korra:
Korra's Dad:  "Don't do anything rash."
Korra nearly drives an old man off a narrow cliff road, puts his head in Naga's mouth.

"Look everyone, that Platypusbear is pooping money!"  Basically everything about Varric and Juh-Lee in the platypusbear was golden.

"One question--is this thing fast enough to get away from my crazy waterbending ex-girlfriend?"
"Son, why do you think I built this thing?" Zooms the fuck out of there.

Jump to Post

09.28.2013 2:53am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

That Platypus bear is pooping money!

Jump to Post

09.28.2013 4:29pm

Murasame
HALE YEAH

As beautiful as it is, I am not impressed narrative-wise with Korra so far. It has far too much going on. Sure all the characters are likeable, but it'd be nice if the writers could kill their fucking darlings already and get something interesting going. I don't understand any of the motivations of the characters besides Bolin. Korra's upset that an obviously bad-guy character is a bad guy? Unalaq was bad news from the character design, and expecting audiences to go with it for more than two episodes is too much to expect from a decent audience. Do they think we're stupid? He starts a gosh damn civil war and we're supposed to accept that Korra ("hot-headed", super duper reckless Korra) doesn't just go crazy?

It'd be nice if they pared down the cast to the main four, and throw in a side story here and there rather than throw every story in at the same time. The beauty of Avatar was in those small moments between the characters (THERE'S A GODDAMN WORD FOR IT, AND I GOOGLED FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES USING VAGUE TERMS BUT I COULD NOT FIND OR REMEMBER IT).

I just feel like nothing's happening in the show because everyone's so... bland. Let someone talk. Let Korra be a decent female character, because at the moment she's a bland and uninteresting puppet. Let Mako at least try and be likeable again. Asami would be great if she wasn't literally being used as an object. Bolin and Tenzin are doing great, though. Varric is cool too.

And having marathoned Parks and Rec I was not at all impressed with the season 6 premiere. Sure, Serafinowicz (wow, I spelled that right first go), and sure, England, but it felt like a "hey we're somewhere cool!" episode more than a good episode. It happened because Andy's in Guardians, right? It was a little silly.

When does Veep come back?

Jump to Post

09.29.2013 4:10pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

This season still feels stronger than season 1 (which was still good once they stopped caring about pro-bending). A pity it's going to end so soon considering Eska is going to fucking murder everyone.

Jump to Post

09.29.2013 6:38pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

I don't know what you guys are talking about but it sounds like a) a cartoon and b) not breaking bad.  In which case you're ruining the thread >:|

Jump to Post

09.29.2013 11:16pm
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

I'm acutally going to watch the Good Wife premiere live and catch Breaking Bad later, solely because I don't like it when the Internet tries to tell me what to do.

Jump to Post

09.30.2013 3:16am

JSG
Registered Member

Now that's how you finish a series.

Jesse strangling Todd might be the most satisfying scene in the series.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 170 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter