Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

TV shows and stuff: The Spinoff

< Prev 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 170 Next >

09.25.2013 12:06am

Som
Genitals are Funny

Mole said:

Current prediction for a Fuck Everybody ending:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Against all odds Walt pulls off yet another season-ending scheme to kill the Nazis and take back the throne. Lydia moves Walt to Europe to continue operations. Jesse and Skyler go to jail. Junior and Marie hate Walt for the rest of their lives. Walt lives in a secluded mansion in the mountains of Czechoslovakia, with nothing but his science and his money and his name ringing out worldwide. And we learn his cancer is back in remission, so he'll be around for a long time.

Fade to black. Every viewer who wanted a morally satisfying ending goes and fucks themselves.
I want this to be how it end so much, i'm not smart enough to think of a witty thing I'd do for this ending.

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 3:25am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I watched the pilot for The Blacklist, which I'm on the fence about despite the praise it's getting from critics.  The biggest issue I have is with Elizabeth Keane's characterization.

At the beginning she oversleeps for her first day on the job, and her husband tells her how much she has it together, and then they mess around and talk even though she's supposedly really late.  Then there's the part where she profiles herself, which makes me question how good of a profiler she actually is.  She says she's withdrawn and seen as bitchy even though she doesn't act that way in the episode.  She calls herself a narcissist while describing herself mostly in negative terms, and later she tells Reddington that she's nobody important.  Maybe her profile should have said something about stabbing witnesses in the neck or calming frightened children by encouraging them to touch her nasty burn scar.  You know, when they're afraid of being blown up.

I mean, it would be one thing if she were supposed to be underqualified (and would fit with the new person giving an unusually important task premise), but the show obviously wants us to think she's good at what she does.

Spader and his character work better, but if I do stick around, it'll be to see what happens with the husband.  That's the main thread that doesn't look to be a procedural setup.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 4:07am

Zubis
Registered Member

SHIELD was good.

So Coulson...

LMD? Clone?

I was surprised by the crazy amount of references to the movies. This is not a show for newbies.

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 9:43am

The Hulk
Good Boy

I thought it was a bucket full of smugness with nothing to back that up.  Not a single interesting character in the bunch yet.  I might give it another episode or two because Whedon has some credit left, but considering how little real involvement he probably has with this, I don't see it getting miles better.

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 10:39am

Som
Genitals are Funny

Agents of SHIELD

Overall i thought it was ok. Hopefully it picks up a bit because right now i just don't give a shit about any of the characters except Coulson. And i could of done without that car ending to the episode.

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 2:26pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The speechifying towards the end was a little heavy handed but it's a pilot, so hopefully that'll get toned down.

Trophy Wife:
Jesus Christ is Malin Ackerman attractive.  Also, "'Age ain't nothin' but a number,' said Poseidon."  Also, "It's you, it's your milky grapefruits!"

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 3:12pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I haven't gotten to watch SHIELD or Dexter yet.  Maybe both tonight.  Devestated though - just found out that I can't watch Parks and Rec at least through October.  Won't be home Thurs nights and we can only record 2 things at once, and it's recording Big Bang and X-Factor, and my husband won't budge on either of them because he's using this as ammunition for his let's by a more expensive Tivo argument.  I mean I guess it will probably be on NBC.com within a couple days of airing, but it's just not the same.

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 3:12pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Hulu usually has P&R the next morning.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, still very funny.  Andre Braugher and Andy Samberg have fantastic chemistry.

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 5:49pm

Zo
another blue ribbon

Dollhouse took around six episodes to become watchable. If Agents of Shield is just OK after 1 ep, he's actually improving.

Jump to Post

09.25.2013 11:43pm
 (Edited on 09.26.2013 at 12:25am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

So I have enjoyed this season of dexter but I didnt like this ending:

just wasnt in dexters character to leave hannah. I know he wanted whats best for her but he was too in love with her to leave her like that. I just dont buy it and him staying alive just isnt enough closure for me . Him being happy in argentina with deb dying would even be preferred. But just accepting leaving harrison and hannah? I jist cant see him making that choice soooo quickly. Also the way deb became a vegetable was way too fast half an episode. This kind of thing should happen and develop slowly over multiple episodes. om disappointed in how rushed it felt. the execution.

Breaking bad was awesome. really enjoyed that episode and how this is all going back to be about:

his pride again its all he has left since his family hates him.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 1:22am
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Trophy Wife has potential and a nice cast even though I'm not really sure what it is yet. Casting Marica Gay Harden in a sitcom appears unconventional but she seems to fit right in, much like Andre Braugher is doing.

Mom also has a pretty good cast, and could go either way into becoming genuinely good or screamingly terrible. Although it does have Anna Faris and Allison Janney as soon-to-be grandmother and great-grandmother, because whathefuckHollywood.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 1:44am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I'm going to pass on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  I wasn't a fan of The Avengers, and I didn't want the shared film universe in the first place, so the only reason I gave the pilot a shot was Joss Whedon.  Not feeling it.

I will keep watching Hostages, so that makes 2 or 3 new shows for me so far.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 2:35am

Colinp42
Registered Member

I really enjoyed SHIELD. Although my eternal love for Ming Na probably helps. I do think that Gunn (whatever his name is on this show or real life) would be a 100% perfect Falcon. I guess they could still go that way? Though probably not.

Dexter:
Wow. Pretty much as bad as I expected. When did Batista get so dumb? "What were you doing in there Dexter?" What the fuck do you think?! And who was that dumbass cop who let the brother of the wounded/dead cop alone with her attacker? Like I don't care if she doesn't know Dexter, she would know the last name of the cop the guy shot.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 9:42am

JSG
Registered Member

I wasn't too impressed with how this season of Always Sunny started, but the last two eps REALLY picked up.

Jump to Post

09.26.2013 2:16pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Colinp42 said:

Devestated though - just found out that I can't watch Parks and Rec at least through October.  Won't be home Thurs nights and we can only record 2 things at once, and it's recording Big Bang and X-Factor, and my husband won't budge on either of them because he's using this as ammunition for his let's by a more expensive Tivo argument.  I mean I guess it will probably be on NBC.com within a couple days of airing, but it's just not the same.

You COULD watch it on Hulu

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 170 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter