Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

TV shows and stuff: The Spinoff

< Prev 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 170 Next >

09.20.2013 11:54am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Brooklyn Nine-Nine gets my seal of approval.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

09.20.2013 8:09pm
 (Edited on 09.20.2013 at 8:53pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

So Sleepy Hollow just cast the incredible John Noble in a recurring role.

And I found out it's a Kurtzman/Orci production.

And it's getting a ton of praise from what I consider to be trusted sources.

So despite my very vocal and outspoken mockery of the concept, I feel like it's worth giving a shot to.

We'll see.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Killing Clancy Brown in under 10 minutes makes me :D:(

Oh hi, John Cho, I didn't know you were on this show.

So long, John Cho.  Now the only actor I recognize is Orlando Jones!  Maybe I should start a pool to see how long he lasts...

Jump to Post

09.20.2013 9:14pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

I hadn't even heard of it til like five minutes before I watched so it might be cause I had zero expectations but I thought it was pretty fun.

Jump to Post

09.20.2013 10:16pm
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is aces. Definitely looking forward to more.

Jump to Post

09.20.2013 11:13pm

Kal
yes

American Horror Story: Coven.

L
ast season was a fuckin mess, but Angela Bassett? Kathy Bates? Witches? Sign me up.

(although i'm a little wary of Ryan Murphy tackling a story set in slavery-era Lousiana....)

Jump to Post

09.21.2013 3:03am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It could be the worst and I'd still watch it for Jessice Lange.

Jump to Post

09.22.2013 12:49am

JSG
Registered Member

I couldn't gwt into American Horror Story before, but Coven sounds right up my alley. Definitely giving this season a shot.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 5:43am

JSG
Registered Member

That Breaking Bad...  uhhh...  breather episode.

Fuck yeah.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 6:04am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Dexter ended.

And it was horrible.

For everyone.

(That includes you)

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 6:09am
 (Edited on 09.23.2013 at 4:41pm)

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I will probably get flamed for this:

Dexter and BB: 

As much as Dexter was dissapointing this season I actually quite enjoyed the last episode. I enjoyed that it was not a happy ending for Dexter as we probably all thought it would turn out to be. Debra becoming a vegetable was a tear jerker and especially when Dexter decided to end his life and dump her in the ocean as his last kill made me tear up as well. I know people are complaining about how he got out of the hospital with her dead body without being spotted by anyone but I didn't really care it was a very sad touching scene.
I would've preferred Dexter have died in the hurricane but I felt him living was more of a punishment. He is alone now everyone he loves or loved is dead or out of his life  and he sits alone in his one bedroom house thinking about it for the rest of his life (maybe) we don't really know. But I'd like to think that he reverted back to his old self from before the first season, completely devoid of emotions and connections that he spent years trying to build up only to find out that he destroys lives in the end. So yeah while the last few seasons weren't that great I was happy with how they ended it.

Now this is where I will get flamed, Breaking Bad I thought was a very boring episode it almost seemed like filler. The toughest and best parts were watching what was happening to Jessie, but watching Walt sit in a cabin all by himself for most of the episode dragged it on for me. I guess after how amazing the last episode was I was expecting more holy shit moments.  But I think it will be hard to beat last weeks episode. I'm hoping this show goes out with a bang.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 7:29am

Som
Genitals are Funny

KK, shows how much i know about things. i thought that was the final episode of Breaking Bad, the way it played music at the end and stuff. I feel a lil better now because i totally agree

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 9:16am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Jaran said:

Dexter ended.

And it was horrible.

For everyone.

(That includes you)

Probably the worst thing I've seen on TV in a long while. I mean the last season(s) had more than a fair share of "wtf that was stuipid" moments but the finale makes every other episode seem flawless in comparison.

Breaking Bad was a bit of filler despite being a 75 min ep. Lots of things to resolve yet so should be interesting to say the least.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 12:29pm

Kal
yes

I shouted at my screen when Elliot and Gretchen were on TV. Such a good scene, with the extended version of the main theme over it. Damn.

So yeah BB is pretty good, but am I the only one who really doesn't like Todd as a character or an antagonist? I don't find him creepy or menacing or charismatic even... he and his bunch are just...there. 
I wish they'd have picked a more charismatic actor for Uncle Jack and not make him so stupid... 

Dexter: the less said about the finale, the better. That was one of the shittiest hours of television I've ever watched. And I watched season 6 of Dexter.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 12:31pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Can someone say what show ID82 is spoiling?  If it's Dexter I don't want to hover over it since I'm still a season behind.  BB I'm good with though. 

on BB:
Was anyone actually surprised when they took Jesse along for that ride to watch "nothing personal"?  At this point, I wasn't even phased by it. 

Oh, and I can't be the ONLY one who wants to punch Jr in the face can I?  It's another one of those tv/movie moments where someone says "you killed him"  and NOBODY EVER FUCKING SAYS "no I didn't".  I really, REALLY hate that.  That's one of my biggest problems with Walking Dead: so many conversation pieces that AREN'T had.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 1:37pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

That spoiler is a long paragraph about Dexter, then a smaller paragraph about BB.  Here's the BB part:
Now this is where I will get flamed, Breaking Bad I thought was a very boring episode it almost seemed like filler. The toughest and best parts were watching what was happening to Jessie, but watching Walt sit in a cabin all by himself for most of the episode dragged it on for me. I guess after how amazing the last episode was I was expecting more holy shit moments.  But I think it will be hard to beat last weeks episode. I'm hoping this show goes out with a bang.

Oh hi, semi-visible quote in a spoiler box.  I didn't know you'd do that.  (There, fixed.  Had the quote inside the spoiler, not the spoiler inside the quote.  Like this: )
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 170 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter