Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

TV shows and stuff: The Spinoff

< Prev 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 170 Next >

09.16.2013 9:36pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Meanwhile:

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 9:55pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

HGahahah

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 12:28am

JSG
Registered Member

As far as Dexter goes

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Holy shit this episode was stupid.  No kill room?  Letting Saxon go?  Deb getting shot (but not fatally so she can live of course)?  And if anyone figures out what Dexter is (or was, I guess), it'll be either FBI guy or the PI.  Not the police detectives Dex has worked with and we've been watching for eight damn seasons.

Also, Saxon.  Worst Dexter villain or worst Dexter villain?  He's impossible to care about, boring as hell...  I preferred even the Doomsday killer to this milquetoast asshole.  What a boring, boring killer to end the series on.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 2:02am

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

reido said:

HGahahah

Huell's reasonably safe.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 11:25am

Colinp42
Registered Member

My god, breaking bad!
Just the whole way through this episode was incredible. Loved the images too. Skyler and Marie in the office in all white and all black. And especially Junior shielding Skyler from Walt. I really thought for a split second that the knife was going to hit the baby though. And how awesome was the screenshot of "knife or phone?" It's amazing how this character's mind works. Every viewer hated him when he took Holly. Then it was clear how completely deliberate that was. And Todd just might be the creepiest character on TV.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 12:45pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Re: BB

It's incredible how good RJ Mitte has been with his limited time on screen. I know I wasn't alone thinking Walt Jr. was going to get stabbed, but then to be the one to protect his mother AND call the cops? Wow. So much for breakfast and "Have an A-1 Day!" jokes.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 1:43pm

Kal
yes

Oh my god the phone call at the end. 
Seriously one of the best hours of television I've seen.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 1:48pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Gilligan has said it's his favorite episode of the season.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 2:01pm

Kal
yes

Also, I just read the camper flashback is the very last scene they filmed. For some reason that makes it even more bittersweet.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 2:47pm
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Now would be a good time to say that when Breaking Bad first premiered I lost interest after the pilot. I thought the conceit was goofy and that mixing crime elements with suburban cliches (tighty whiteys, the eBay scene) seemed really cheap and easy. They were bringing out the "Mr. Chips to Scarface" line before the show even started, and I wasn't confident that a show that seemed so silly on its face could bring the kind of complexity they were alluding to. AMC had their first hit with Mad Men and was trying to make their name as the next quality network, but as far as I was concerned this show was not going to help.

I... I was wrong.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 3:06pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

It took me a while to warm up to the show as well, though I blew through the first three seasons on Netflix and really only kept watching the first season because a lot of friends were saying how good it was. I can understand someone watching week to week when it premiered saying it may not be that great or wouldn't hold on for long. Now I have Principal Skinner's voice in my head saying "Prove me wrong kids! Prove me wrong!".

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 8:31pm

JSG
Registered Member

I stuck with it because I marathoned the first three and a half seasons.  I didn't dislike the first season, but I didn't think it was great or anything.  The show didn't find its voice until partway through season 2, but it was still enough to keep me interested until it  could do that.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 9:11pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah - my husband stopped after the first few episodes (also on Netflix).  His loss!

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 9:22pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I marathoned most of the previous seasons, but I've been keeping up with the current one as they air--one of the benefits of my wife and I splitting and me moving in with my parents is access to cable fuckin' TV.

Jump to Post

09.17.2013 10:39pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Never understood the whole "stick with it!" thing.  I think the show had one of the best pilots of any, and was pretty much essential viewing from day one.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 170 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter