Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

TV shows and stuff: The Spinoff

< Prev 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 170 Next >

09.16.2013 1:38am
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Colinp42 said:
Breaking Bad:
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
OK awesome episode as always.  But...how did Hank and Gomie not get killed instantly?  Like they were out in the open and like 6 guys started firing them all at once.  Seemed kind of contrived that they weren't just put down immediately...

Guns really aren't as accurate as they appear in movies. From what I understand it can be pretty difficult to kill somebody who is also trying to kill you, even if you outnumber them. My prediction is that tonight's episode will have Hank and Gomez (and Jessie) get away, which a lot of viewers will think is unrealistic, but it really won't be.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 1:48am

JSG
Registered Member

Breaking Bad:

A little suspension of disbelief is par for the course in TV shows anyway.  If Hank and Gomez just got shot on the spot there would be a lot less tension and drama.  And it's not like Breaking Bad is the most realistic show to begin with, what with Walt going from a nobody to the best meth cook ever to taking down a drug empire to starting his own drug empire in the span of a year.  Or the whole airplane thing in season 2, which was contrived as hell.   If I can accept that (which I easily can), I can accept that gunfight no problem.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 3:05am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jesus, Breaking Bad.  You've going to give me a fucking heart attack.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 3:21am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Breaking Bad (where Crono loses his fucking mind):
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.  I love some dark shit but GODDAMN this might be the darkest fucking thing I've seen on TV.  I knew Gomez was done, I was pretty sure Hank was going to get axed, but slavery on Jesse?  The big reveal on Flynn?  The knife... FLYNN FUCKING CALLING THE COPS!   It's so poetic and I appreciate it but... damn. 

I hate speculating to others about the show because I hate people speculating to me but my original opinion on how the show is going to end just fucking 180'd.  That's all I'll say.

I always watch EVERY episode of Breaking Bad twice the week it comes out but I don't think I have the heart to watch that again. 

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 3:25am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I had serious issues worrying about Holly.  Thank god for that firetruck.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 3:47am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Things got pretty intense this week, though just about all the episodes in season 5.5 have been that way.

After the way last week ended, I figured Hank dying this week would be the final straw in a lot of cases, though I wasn't sure how far they would go with it or what they'd specifically do with it. I knew Junior would finally side with Skyler after he learned the truth, way to have him jump in there.

I'm starting to think the gun from the jump ahead to Walt's 52nd birthday is to get Jesse out of Todd's slavery meth camp. Probably something along the lines of being the only family Walt has left at that point. Or maybe Walt just wants his money back. Either way though, I'm pretty sure Jesse will have the honors of putting an end to Heisenberg, and maybe the ricin is for taking Jesse down with him so his meth formula is lost in order to preserve his legacy. I seriously doubt Walt taught Todd how to perfectly cook his meth, Todd was saying in last week's episode how he followed the instructions exactly as Walt had told him but he still burned the color out of it and only got 74% purity.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 5:36am

JSG
Registered Member

Breaking Bad:

The way everything was going wrong in this episode, I was expecting Flynn to be collateral damage in that knife fight.  I'm honestly surprised he wasn't a casualty there.  I guess Hank dying and Jesse being tortured and brought into slavery was enough for one episode.

So, who thinks that Walt knew the police were listening in on that phone call and said all that stuff to get her off the hook and put all the blame on himself?  Or maybe he just finally snapped, but given how much he wants to spare his family, and knowing they already called the cops on him, I get the feeling that was intentional on his part.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 6:12am
 (Edited on 09.16.2013 at 6:17am)

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Holy fuck, Breaking Bad.

JSG:

There's no doubt in my mind that brow-beating Skyler over the phone was for her benefit. Walt decided on absolving her the moment he nabbed Holly, because after that there would be no way for anybody but him to be the bad guy and I think Skyler even picked up on this during their phone call. The phone call itself... holy fuck was that just the most gut wrenching and well acted moment of TV in years, or what?

Someone important to Gus was shot in front of him at the beginning of his drug career and someone important to Walt was shot in front of him in a very similar manner as his drug career is coming to an end. Nice touch. Plus the pre-credit sequence is made even more tragic when you take the last few lines of the Ozymandias poem into account.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 6:25am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

achy breaky bad:

i'm so glad no one got really hurt in the knife wrestle.  as tense and great as it was, it's still a pretty common thing in tv and movies, and breaking bad's always been really good about avoiding those.  so major props to the writers there for not having a sudden cut to someone with a knife in their chest, that was incredible.

i loved that flynn, who all series long has taken every single opportunity he had to blame skylar, was the one to defend her by picking up the phone.  

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 7:01am

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Breaking Bad.

"My name is ASAC Shraeder, and you can go fuck yourself." 

And Jesse, oh my holy shit =(

Just... wow.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 12:02pm

Salazar
Still here...

Dexter. Where do I even start with this show? It's just so stupid. Every single action by every single character. I think the highlight might be

Dexter leaving a Saxon for the authorities when Saxon knows Dexter is also a serial killer. The same Saxon who threatened Dexter's family. The same Saxon who is a terrible terrible choice for a final villain.

Each episode seems to be stupider than the one before it. I swear to God at this point I'd rather be watching a show about Masuka and his daughter. It's gotten that bad.

Good thing Breaking Bad more than makes up for it.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 4:33pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Breaking Bad: WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!?

That phone call! Sweet merciful crap that was insane. There's no question in my mind Walt did it to put all the blame on himself, especially once he got into saying how much Skyler wanted him to quit what he was doing and how she wouldn't listen, etc.

So happy Holly was in the fire truck. I couldn't have taken it if the show had ended with her still with Walt.

So the M60 or whatever Walt had in the half-season premiere pretty much has to be part of his gun collection to kill Uncle Jack and get his money. If he doesn't know Jesse is alive I can definitely see Walt being killed by him. The Jane revelation (finally) was the final nail in that coffin. The flash forward was...6 months ahead I think? Two more episodes to go....

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 4:36pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I think someone did the baby-age math and figured that the flash forward is four months from "now".

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 5:12pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I want to like Dexter I really do, I was hoping it was going to be one of the best shows on tv when it finally finished up. I think back to season four and just how amazing it was and how each season has just gotten progressively worse in a way. But I pulled the wool over my eyes because I didn't want to admit it. Now after last night's penultimate episode I think I can admit this show has gotten pretty awful and convoluded.
I haven't been this disapointed since season 6 of Lost.

sigh at least there's breaking bad.

Jump to Post

09.16.2013 5:26pm

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Salazar said:

Dexter. Where do I even start with this show? It's just so stupid. Every single action by every single character. I think the highlight might be

Dexter leaving a Saxon for the authorities when Saxon knows Dexter is also a serial killer. The same Saxon who threatened Dexter's family. The same Saxon who is a terrible terrible choice for a final villain.

Each episode seems to be stupider than the one before it. I swear to God at this point I'd rather be watching a show about Masuka and his daughter. It's gotten that bad.

Good thing Breaking Bad more than makes up for it.

Haha yeah.

Dexter:

Also, I can't be the only one who noticed a lack of a proper kill room setup for Saxon. Sloppy sloppy. I guess he just figures he'll be in Argentina before things get back to him? Man, can't wait till this show is over. Shoot deb in the head if you wanna make a series ending point. Knowing this show that fed dude (aka big dummy) will live too.

Yup, thank goodness for BB, even though that last episode hurt.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 170 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter