Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

TV shows and stuff: The Spinoff

11.06.2015 1:42pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I'm liking Who in general but SO beyond over the guitar...

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 1:13pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Watching NYPD Blue, my god it knocks the stuffing out of today's procedurals in almost every way.  And always nice to be reminded David "CSI: Paycheck" Caruso can actually act!

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 4:53pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Is anyone still watching Once Upon a Time?  It isn't particularly good, just I don't watch that many shows so I'm still watching.  Plus the Evil Queen is just amazing, so worth it almost for her alone.

So I'm not putting this in spoiler tags because it's not like a big reveal and I can't imagine anyone caring.  But as of last night, all major magic in the series is powered by...Jesus.

Yep.

Merlin got his powers from the Holy Grail.  And the Dark One from the same source.  Then the Holy Grail was reforged into Excalibur.  REALLY?!  Just doesn't seem like a smart move on ABC's part.

Also, definitely NOT the cup of a carpenter!

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 5:23pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Colinp42 said:
Jesus.

OH FFS.

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 6:41pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I mean they never SAID God or Jesus or anything, but that's what the grail is.  They chose...poorly...

But thinking about it now, all the fairies did become nuns in our world, so I guess it was there all along?

Jump to Post

11.10.2015 3:05pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jump to Post

11.12.2015 1:50am

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

Colinp42 said:

I mean they never SAID God or Jesus or anything, but that's what the grail is.  They chose...poorly...

But thinking about it now, all the fairies did become nuns in our world, so I guess it was there all along?

I'm still watching.  Haven't seen this last week's episode yet (I usually hulu a day or two late and I've been visiting Darth Howie and Wife for the past three days).  While I'm not impressed by that plot point, I'm not terribly worried by it.  Grail hunting is in most modern depictions of Arthur and his knights, so it's not that much of a stretch.  I don't think they'll get too weird with it.  At least I hope.

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

11.13.2015 6:51am

JSG
Registered Member

Catching up on Fresh Off the Boat. One of the best comedies in a while.

Jump to Post

11.14.2015 3:33am

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

JSG said:

Catching up on Fresh Off the Boat. One of the best comedies in a while.

I am really enjoying this show as well.  But it also makes me super sad.  Jessica the mom, the actress is younger than I am by about a year.  She's the first TV/movie mom whose show I've watched who is younger than me.

Jump to Post

01.05.2016 6:22pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

NEW VENTURE BROS COMING THIS GODDAMN MONTH!

Jump to Post

01.07.2016 3:05pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Anyone watch You're the Worst?  Quite a good show.  Like generally pretty funny, but season 2 actually got into some decent dramatic subject matter that you don't see portrayed realistically on TV much.

Jump to Post

01.07.2016 3:24pm

Testament
Shamshot

Colinp42 said:

Anyone watch You're the Worst? Quite a good show. Like generally pretty funny, but season 2 actually got into some decent dramatic subject matter that you don't see portrayed realistically on TV much.

Excellent show.  I love pretty much all of the characters.  I was a little concerned about season 2 at first, but think they handled the subject matter very well.

Jump to Post

01.07.2016 6:32pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I'll be watching season 2 again at some point.  My husband and I watched season 1 on Hulu, then I watched season 2 on FX Now on an ipad - when it comes to Hulu I'll watch it again with him.

Jump to Post

01.07.2016 10:46pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

Last night I saw the season premiere of American Crime.  It really got my attention and kept it for an hour.  It left me wanting more.

Jump to Post

01.25.2016 5:25am

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

Tonight I watched the first episode of season 10 of The X-Files.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
It held my attention, though I was a bit disappointed at how quickly it moved through tonight's plot. Connecting with that guy and Sveta and Mulder having his epiphany, but then having everything be stopped by the bad guys all in the space of a single episode was a bit much for me. But regardless, I'd watch David and Gillian do about anything as long as they are interacting. Once in a generation chemistry cannot be extinguished.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter