Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

The Force Awakens

< Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next >

01.07.2016 9:41pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Finally got to see it last night.  I thought it was very well done how the film-makers dealt with the new main cast.  With the old original cast returning there was a risk of everyone clamouring to see them back in a Star Wars film, but personally I found Rey and Finn far more likeable and interesting from the very beginning.

I'd like to have seen more exposition about the time between ROTJ and this one (though I've read there's close to 20 minutes of footage cut), and I'd imagine we'll get a lot more in episodes VIII and IX.  My only other small issue was I don't remember my instances where the classic Star Wars themes were woven in to the soundtrack, still after only seeing it once I could well have missed it.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Having watched A New Hope recently it's really not aged well and 1977's idea of the future looks terrible but that's to be expected.  What was very cool in this movie was how the Starkiller base used the set designs of the original Death Star and gave it a modern twist.  All the consoles, uniforms decor etc... look like the original film but also futuristic.

Both me and my wife think it's our favourite of all the Star Wars movies, might even go watch it a second time.

Jump to Post

01.07.2016 11:15pm

Testament
Shamshot

Watch a second time and I bet you'll hear those themes in there.

Jump to Post

01.07.2016 11:44pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

So I've be bouncing around to this all day:
https://tawdrysquid.tumblr.com/post/135625930567/dooms-word-is-law-throw-back-to-when-poe

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 2:15pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Testament said:

Watch a second time and I bet you'll hear those themes in there.

Yeah thinking about it I also can't remember hearing anything, but I do remember hearing a like remix of the Han/Leia theme in a commercial for it.

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 3:56pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

reido said:

So I've be bouncing around to this all day:
https://tawdrysquid.tumblr.com/post/135625930567/dooms-word-is-law-throw-back-to-when-poe

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 5:51pm

Testament
Shamshot

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Half of the time Leia is on-screen, it's playing her theme or the Han-Leia theme if Han is there, as well. The Force theme is also thrown down several times. The Imperial March theme is only there one time, IIRC, and I bet you can guess where it plays. The Main Theme/Luke is woven in a couple times.

I'll probably catch more when I watch it again tomorrow.

...and I really like Ex Machina.

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 6:54pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Every .gif of that scene is just hypnotizing.

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 8:31pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Hah, just saw that movie a couple weeks ago.  It's funny because I find Po very attractive and that character not at all...

Jump to Post

01.12.2016 3:08pm

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Saw it for the 3rd time this weekend.  I think I'll stop here and reserve my cash for the 10 times I plan to see Batman v Superman.

Jump to Post

01.13.2016 11:29pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

I would love this theory to be true.  Spoilers in this video by the way.

https://youtu.be/4mjFfdrTJrQ

Jump to Post

04.21.2016 2:36pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Just watched it again last night (bought it).  I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE to see a Finn/Po romance in the next movie.  The way the characters are set up at this point Finn/Po is just as likely as Finn/Rey.  I mean the two of them met, knew each other for like 5 minutes, each thought the other was dead, then next time they see each other instant embrace.

Jump to Post

04.21.2016 6:45pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Oh, that would piss off soooo many people. It would be glorious.

Jump to Post

04.21.2016 6:53pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Id82 said:

Oh, that would piss off soooo many people. It would be glorious.

If there's one thing I love, it's bathing in the rage-tears of haters mad at highly visible social progress.

Jump to Post

04.21.2016 7:05pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Personally I'd rather just have a good film unencumbered by burden of trolling an extreme minority section of the audience for the benefit of another extreme minority section.

Jump to Post

04.21.2016 9:03pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Well I said it because I think it could be a good story, and the chemistry is there.  Pissing jerks off would just be a pleasant bonus.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter