Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFVII PS4 Remake

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 Next >

06.29.2015 7:51am

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

Well, I mean, he has to finish Kingdom Hearts 3. That's going to take at least twelve more years.

TT

Jump to Post

06.29.2015 10:43pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Soul Hunter said:

Dammit who set this up?

Wow lol

Jump to Post

07.03.2015 10:28am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Testament said:

Yeah, there are going to be several amazing parts (please!). I hope they create new orchestrations for the soundtrack and not just reuse existing tracks.
^Adorably modest expectations guy.

Jump to Post

07.03.2015 4:19pm

Testament
Shamshot

Amazing from start to finish would be preferable, but you know...

As long as they don't pull a GoT season 5.

Jump to Post

07.03.2015 7:58pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

At Aeris's suggestion, Barret sets Marlene on fire.  It doesn't stop the Meteor.

Jump to Post

07.06.2015 7:05am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

reido said:

At Aeris's suggestion, Barret sets Marlene on fire.  It doesn't stop the Meteor.

is that u stanice? don't forget that aeris does it in the name of the ifrit lord

Jump to Post

07.06.2015 2:06pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Tifa sits at Cloud's bedside after finally finding him after the crater incident, watching for any sign that he's going to recover.  This goes on for days, weeks.

Then, someone tells her that that baby-burning son-of-a-bitch Barret is nearby.  Tifa immediately abandons her post to go find him and kill him.

Literally as soon as she leaves the room, Cloud starts to wake up, but an earthquake strikes the town and he falls directly into the lifestream.

Naturally, without her support to bring him out of it, Cloud dies.

Meanwhile, at Barret's camp, Yuffie, Cid, Vincent, and Red XIII abandon him in the night, horrified at his vile acts.  Stubborn to a fault, he rides into battle with only Cait Sith #2 at his side, only to find that Diamond WEAPON is waiting for him. The "heroes" are easily defeated.

Tifa finds Barret wounded and helpless.  She kills him, but in such a way that some people on the internet think it's ambiguous.  Conspiracy theories about how Barret's not really dead flood the internet.  Someone starts a rumor that if you can find the fabled Cheese WEAPON, you can bring Barret back into your party.  Time becomes a flat circle, feeding on itself forever until it collapses.  All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.

Meanwhile, players stare at the screen, aghast.  How is this game so stupid?!  How did they fundamentally fail to understand these characters on such a basic level?

Jump to Post

07.12.2015 6:34am

landstander
Registered Member

I'm a little late to the party, I just want to say that I am excited about this, but they had better not downlplay Cid's role in the game.  He barely got any screen time in Advent Children and doesn't seem as popular these days, #!!$%*&$@# it all.

Jump to Post

07.15.2015 4:08pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I would be fine with it if they reworked nonessential parts of the game, including side quests, minor characters, items, etc. Even new towns and dungeons would be fine as long as the broad brush strokes of the story aren't altered too much. New materia, new abilities, and minor changes to the battle system are pretty much a given.

If we are going to pay $60 for a remake of a game we've played many times over the past 18 years, I want new experiences altogether rather than a straight nostalgia trip with pretty modern graphics.

Jump to Post

07.15.2015 4:31pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I don't mind some changes. The remake of resident evil for the game cube was way better than the original, and they were able to add new content to the game to make it feel fresh but still retain what people liked about the original.
If they can do that with this remake I wouldn't mind it.

Jump to Post

07.15.2015 4:48pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

That's actually a really good high-bar to set.  The Gamecube REmake is easily one of the best games in the entire series--it takes the basics of the original, expand them, smoothes out the rougher edges, fleshes (hah) out the weaker story and gameplay, and adds new content that fits thematically.

Jump to Post

07.25.2015 7:15am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Being able to go a lot of the places that weren't really fleshed out would be pretty awesome. Imagine the possible interactions and richness that could be added to the Shinra Building.

Jump to Post

07.26.2015 8:00pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I'm pretty excited for this, I also still think they're doing the right thing by not doing a direct remake. I think it's great though that a whole new generation of fans will get to experience the great FFVII story. Remember lots of people born in 1997 will get to experience these characters, not just us that are replaying it. 

Jump to Post

07.27.2015 3:27am

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

I have pretty high hopes for this and hope they don't get crushed.  While FFVII wasn't my favorite, it's right up there with older FFs that deserve a remake.  Me, like most of us, have played this game multiple times since it came out 18(Damn I feel old) years ago.  Anyone else think they are going to try and shoehorn replayability for a more modern time a la:

Complete the game - 20g
Complete the game with Yuffie - 20g
Complete the game with Vincent - 20g
Complete the game with Yuffie and Vincent - 100g

(Yeah, that's more in gamerscore then Trophies but whatever xP)

And that, as they say, is that.

Jump to Post

07.27.2015 12:06pm

Magnus
Registered Member

I get the feeling Vincent and Yuffie joining the party will be one of the changes since AC cannonized their joining rather than leaving it up to the player (honestly, who here didn't get them to join?)

I wouldn't worry about replayability. FFVII has been one of those FF's that always gets players coming back for more.

My guess for trophies:

Story
Mission Accomplished! - Destroyed the #1 Reactor
Flowers for someone - You purchased and gave flowers to either Marlene or Tifa
Don't step in the flowers! - You lande din the FLower bed
Drag Queen Cloud - You got the best attire possible for visiting Don Corneo's mansion
Ping! - You escaped the collapse of the sector 7 Plate
Ahead on our Way - You have left Midgar and begun your journey
Crossing the ocean - You have defeated Jenova Birth and crossed voer to the second continent
The WInner! - You won your first Chocobo Race
Goin' Goin' Gongaga! - You learned about Aerith's Boyfriend
@&#%! - Escaped Rocket Town in the Tiny Bronco
Cait Sith #2 at your service - Gave the Black Materia to Sephiroth
(Spoiler) - (Spoiler)
I've reached the Top! - climbed to the summit of Gaia's cliff
The beginning of the end - Gave the Black Materia to the real Sephiroth
To the Skies - Acquired the Airship, Highwind
The past revealed - discovered what really happened at Nimbelheim
The end of Shinra - Defeated Hojo
Vengence - Defeated Savior Sephiroth
The Fate of the planet - Defeated Sephiroth with Omnislash and watched the final cinematic

Gameplay
Avid Learner - You explored the tutorial house
Poo... um... sir! -  Gained access to the Honeybee inn.
Peeping tom - spied on the other tenants in the Honeybee in
A resourcful SOLDIER - used all three batteries
Breaking in - You made it to the main tower through the front.
Sneaking in - You made it to the main tower by sneaking in.
Nosy! - You looked through Tifa's belongings.
The Chocobo Dance - you watched the Chocobos dance and acquired a summon materia
Midgar Masher - Defeated a Midgardsormr below level 20
TV superstar - You imrpessed the TV audience during the parade
Model Soldier - You got a perfect score in your performance for Rufus and Heidegger
Kick the Doggy! - You hit Red XIII with the soccer ball
Easiest... Boss fight... Ever! - Defeated the Gi Natak in one attack, without taking damage
Uncovered past - Found a report regarding a man named "G"
For the Shinobi - You completed the Wutai story
Like father, like daughter - You completed Godo's Pangoda
A kiss for the lady - You kissed Princess Rosa in the play
A Kiss for the King - You kissed the King in the play
A kiss for the dragon - you kissed the draogn in the play
A force ot be reckoned with - You date stopped the dragon
Guys night out - Hung out wiht barret at Gold Saucer
Mixed up Kid - Went on a date with Aerith at Gold Saucer
Umm... Cloud? - Went ona  date with Tifa at Gold Saucer
Quick of foot - traveled throuigh the Temple of the Ancient's Maze within 5 minutes
Beyond the Limit - Obtained a character's level 4 limit break
I'm melting! - Defeated the ice witch.
Cold Blooded - Made it to Gaia's cliff without collapsing.
Tickler - Tickled the White Chocobo behind the ears and got a new Materia
Blue Mage - Obtained every enemy skill in the game
Materia Hunter - obtained all four Huge Materia
Unstopable defense - Protected the condor without losing a unit
The Ultimate Weapon - Defeated the Ultima Weapon
Last Stand - Obtained a Final Attack Materia in the Battle Arena special event
Chocobo breeder novice - Breed a chocobo
Chocobo Breeder experienced - Breed two special chocobos
Chocobo breeder Advanced - Breed a black Chocobo
Chocobo Breeder Master - Breed a Gold Chocobo
Materia Master - Fuse all of one kind of Materia into a Master Materia
Mother of the enemy - Found Lucrecia's cave
Scavenger - Raided the Gelnika for all it's treasures
The Unstoppable Foe - Defeated Emerald Weapon
The Impossible Foe - Defeated Ruby Weapon

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter