Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFVII PS4 Remake

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 Next >

07.29.2015 12:02am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

That's Cloud in the Dissidia PS4 game, so I'm excited that we'll be getting graphics like this.

Jump to Post

07.31.2015 2:24am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

It's an action RPG.

Jump to Post

07.31.2015 3:56am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

If it turns out that you can't control you're entire party, then I've lost most of the interest I had in the remake.

Jump to Post

08.01.2015 12:44am

Ramses
Registered Member

Atma Weapon said:

It's an action RPG.

Then they can all drop dead along with Disney Star Wars! Apparently nothing is sacred!

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

08.04.2015 10:37am
 (Edited on 08.04.2015 at 10:46am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Do you have any more evidence that it's an action rpg than you do that its a dating sim? There's been no details released about the battle system....

The only statement released is that battles will be a drastic change. That could mean a million things.

Perosnally after some reflection, I realize I'd sooner accept an action RPG similar to crisis core than to do something like FF13's battle system.   If i'm gonna be mindless it might as well be action packed. If its anything close to ff13 battles im not EVER touching it. If it's action rpg i'll at least try to play it before I get it.

Jump to Post

08.04.2015 3:16pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah, the statement I read was battles would be inspired by Advent Children - which just means fancier/flashier/FF XIIIier, right?

Jump to Post

08.05.2015 1:52am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Ramses said:

Then they can all drop dead along with Disney Star Wars! Apparently nothing is sacred!
I am shocked and apalled you think pre-Disney Star Wars was sacred.  Star Wars was three good movies and a handful of good EU books amidst an ocean of trash.

And Nomura is starting to worry me.  His entire "People won't buy the game if its the same" is utter bullshit.  They've repackaged and resold so many FFs unchanged.  People *want* the same.  They want to feel the same feelings.

Square Enix really believes that no one would enjoy turn based battle games, but then Bravely Default sold better in North America than it did in Japan, despite virtually zero marketing.  Meanwhile they are churning out some of the shittiest gameplay ideas of all time (looking at you, FFXIII, XIII-2, XIII-3) all in the name of avoiding traditional JRPG conventions like the plague, and in so doing they are making the worst and most caricurized JRPGs in history.

People want to play games that are good, with gameplay that is good.  People are actually pretty flexible about genre if something is good.  FF7 had good gameplay that has aged well enough (and better than FF6 or 9 despite very similar battle systems), the problem is with the parts of the game that have aged poorly.  And people won't tolerate bad gameplay, whether or not its a genre they like.  I like JRPGs and I didn't put up with FFXIII's shit.  And lots of people were with me on that.

It's crazy to me that they are doing everything but make games in the style of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed era of the series.

Jump to Post

08.13.2015 10:04pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

The whole concept that turn based.being some kind of "outdated " thing baffles me. It presumes that turn based was only used as a.technological limitation of older systems which is really silly, considering how many real time battle engines existed on snes, ps1 and older systems. No turn based wasnt popular due to game technology being primitive they were used as a design choice to increase strategy.

But then again for most kids these days trying to use your brain to plan ahead your actions is an outdated concept.

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 3:00am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Sam Biscuits said:
- Remastered orchestrated version of the original soundtrack (not the weird deep strings from Advent Chldren and worringly, the remake trailer).

Well, it seems now Uematsu is having absolutely nothing to do with the remake.

Meaning it's almost definetely in the hands of that hack Masashi Hamauzu (who composed the sountrack for the last Compilation title [i}Dirge of Cerberus), or one of the other minor SE composers like Naoshi Mizuta or Tsuyoshi Sekito who will be handling the music. *groans*

Of course this doesn't mean the classic original OST is being completely scrapped - more likely the original OST will be arranged by another composer (Hamauzu is good at orchestrations, less so original compositions himself), but suddennly my expectations for this are declining. :(

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 6:27am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Does Nobuo own all the rights to his own score or does Squenix own it?
If so does that mean they have to create a whole new soundtrack? If so that would blow massive dicks.
If not hopefully they can get someone to arrange it pretty well but most likely there's going to be a large group of people who hate it.

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 7:29am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Strike one, Squenix, strike one.  >:|

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 1:46pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Typically, any intellectual property generated when an employee of a corporation works on one of that company's projects, the IP belong to the company rather the employee. For examples, an engineer can get her name on the patent, but the patent belongs to the company. She can't quit and take the IP with her.

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 5:42pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

So they have the whole soundtrack but there's a high chance that the arrangement might suck. 
The only way they could make it good is if they make it fully orchestrated where it counts.

If Square does own the rights to Nobuos music then how is Nobuo allowed to go on tour with his music from final fantasy?

Jump to Post

11.09.2015 10:04pm

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

He almost certainly has license to do so.  The same holds true if John WIlliams conducts the Boston Pops or London Symphony Orchestra and they play Star Wars or Jaws or what have you.  Like other artists, they are likely paid in royalties for anyone using their music, and have the right to perform their own works within whatever contract they have signed.

Jump to Post

11.10.2015 11:33pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Yeah, I agree with Call - it's highly likely that Uematsu owns the exclusive rights to the scores he composed even if they were composed 'on company time'. This actually was given weight recently in FFXIV ARR with the magitek armour mount - the fans were constantly requesting SE change the mount's BGM to that remix of Terra's Theme from FFVI that Masayoshi Soken arranged for a teaser trailer for the game back in early 2013... and from what I understand the reason given why it couldn't be added initially was because Uematsu actually owned the rights to the track and that Soken had actually arranged it 'without permission' or something, and thus SE were still negotating with Uematsu to use the track. Whether that was true though is unclear, but eventually the track was belatedly added in the 2.4 patch though.

And also Uematsu himself used the FF theme (Final Fantasy/Prologue) in his own independent/self-titled composition Phantasmagoria, it's even more proof that SE actually does not own the rights to the music for their cash-cow franchise, ironically.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter