Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy XV.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

03.16.2013 12:25am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

What do you want in 15?

New game? Versus 13 rebranded? We'll see at E3 I guess.

All I want is a game my 30 year old self can play without cringing.

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 1:07am

Crisium
N/A

Just give me a turn based, job system.  And I don't mean ATB, I mean FFX style turn-based.  There's enough fast paced real time JRPGs out there that Final Fantasy does not need to do this.

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 1:54am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Yes and an open world to explore no bullshit linear hallways that require no backtracking.

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 2:20am

Lexx
Terran Angel

>mfw the last new FF game I played was XII.
>notice my lack of a face

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 2:20am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

How about some Adult Characters no more teen shit.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 2:50am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I don't even know anymore. It's been so long since we've had what I consider a "Final Fantasy game".

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 9:42am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Open, explorable world map (and not a bunch of connected zones either like a MMO) - an old school overworld, complete with rideable chocobos and flyable airships.
FFIII/V/Tactics style Job system would be nice, but even if they had something like FFIV/VI/VII/IX for abilities/magic would be fine.
Uematsu back as main composer. Stop employing a bunch of copycats trying desperately to get out of his shadow.
Don't let Nomura anywhere near it - seems everything he touches now turns to turd.
Sidequests that are meaningful and enjoyable
At least one minigame like Triple Tirad/Tetra Master, or even a whole area like Gold Saucer full of minigames
Steampunk/science fantasy setting, although high tech can work, if it's handled right (like VI/VII/VIII/IX)
Biggs and Wedge in a cameo role - I miss those bumbling klutzes. ;)
And, most importantly...

BRING BACK SAKAGUICHI TO HEAD THIS!! I think it's pretty safe to say that the series took a nosedive when he left Square.

But I think this is all highly unlikely to actually happen though sadly. :(

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 10:31am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I want it to be rebranded Versus XIII and released on PS3. That way, Square at least still has the decency of keeping tradition and releasing three FFs per generation.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 4:52pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Don't use IV-IX as inspiration. Use them as a model. Bring it all back, job systems, ATB, world maps, towns, NPCs. Look at Ni No Kuni. That style of game is still viable. And if you must do something "modern" look at Xenoblade or the Last Story. And take the fucking series away from Motomu Toriyama. Does Hiroyuki Ito still work for you? Give it to him. Or temporarily demote Kitase so that he's directing instead of producing. Or bring back Tshuchida. Or *gasp* hire Mist Walker and give them a bigger budget than what they've been working with. Just STOP TRYING TO INNOVATE STUPIDLY.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 5:06pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

^ Ni No Kuni pulled off a lot of things that I didn't expect would still work, like World Maps. So I'm open to more traditional JRPG facets than I woul have been a year ago.

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 5:21pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Something that doesn't suck. Apparently that's too much to ask these days.

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 5:23pm

Kal
yes

I'm still hoping for FFV with a good story and characters. That would essentially be the perfect FF.

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 6:43pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Onyx said:

Something that doesn't suck. Apparently that's too much to ask these days.

This, basically. 

Something that's the polar opposite of XIII. 

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 8:22pm

Blayze
Registered Member

In the golden age, Square seemed to get all the key elements of an RPG right - story, characters, music, location, battle system (or at the very least ticked enough of these boxes so that any weaker areas were less glaring).

With each recent installment however, they seem to fail at reproducing some of these key components of an RPG.
X - Great battle system, decent characters and music, storyline a bit mixed, world decent but little scope for exploration compared to previous world maps
XII - A fantastic world (if a little empty) but ruined by mostly unmemorable characters, music and storyline.
XIII - For me at least, a horrible battle system, linear world, bland musical score and mostly annoying characters

Jump to Post

03.16.2013 9:27pm

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

Take Daisuke Watanabe off the writing team.

That should be the cardinal rule for any future Square-Enix project. I've seen fifth-grade book reports with more energy and coherent structure than his last dozen outings as Scenario Writer.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter