Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy XV.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

03.25.2013 4:56pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

can't wait til the awkward moment when none of the stuff we want in this thread are in the game

Jump to Post

03.25.2013 10:33pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

"It was SO WEIRD when it turned out FFXV was a golf / space exploration sim!"

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

03.25.2013 10:39pm

Kal
yes

Dr Squirrel said:

"It was SO WEIRD when it turned out FFXV was a golf / space exploration sim!"

Dunno about the space exploration but as of late FFs have been below par so....

(I'm out)

Jump to Post

03.25.2013 10:50pm

Crisium
N/A

Well, we sort of had space exploration in IV, VII, and VIII.  And golf is better than Blitzball. 

They could do worse.

Jump to Post

03.25.2013 11:03pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm still waiting for SNK to put out a version of Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf that actually has fighting in it.

Jump to Post

03.25.2013 11:12pm

Kal
yes

Crisium said:

Well, we sort of had space exploration in IV, VII, and VIII.  And golf is better than Blitzball. 

They could do worse.
I love how casually you go to space IV and VII
FFIV takes you to the moon like it's not big deal. Oh here's a giant whale! Hey we're walking on the moon! Moon flans!
FFVII is like "uh oh this rocket is taking off, too late to get off!"

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 6:45am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I may be alone with this but I was never that amazed with going to the moon in FFIV. Maybe because it was just a moon, there was really nothing there except a secret area or two and of course the final dungeon (do we still need to tag this as a spoiler?).

I was actually more amazed with the Dark World in FFIV because the idea of a Dwarven world underneath the over world was a really cool concept. Imagine how the visuals would look in today's generation. It was quite creative.

But I guess FF did away with multiple worlds after FFVI, and it's fine since the singular world afterwards did have a lot of content in the game anyways.

I do like the idea of having a smaller scale world in FF games. I think FFXII was really successful keeping the story in a single continent and I am guessing future FF games might benefit a smaller world in the scale of Red Dead Redemption or Zelda: OOT.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 7:13am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

I actually agree with you on the FF4 Underworld bit.  It seemed more alien, weird and interesting than the moon, particularly since the people there thought of the Overworld as just as legendary and bizarre as the Overworld thought of the Underworld.

...dammit, now I want to play it again.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 10:46am

Kal
yes

shooter_mcgavin said:
I think FFXII was really successful keeping the story in a single continent
You mean in a single giant-ass barren wasteland area with varying climate :p

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 11:13am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Kal said:

You mean in a single giant-ass barren wasteland area with varying climate :p

Exactly :)

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 2:26pm

Crisium
N/A

I really liked the mutliple overworlds in the 2D games.  FFVII sort of continued this as well with the submarine (like FFIII), even if there were only like two secret areas underwater.  It always just seems more epic to have multiple worlds.  Even if they are no more detailed than one big overworld, for story purposes I like it.

Jump to Post

03.27.2013 5:18am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

This is good news to me.  I know a lot of people here are Nomura haters, because it was common belief that he had no restraint and was heavy handed and all that.  As it turns out he's been the only one holding back the flood of bullshit, and anything he hasn't touched has been bile.  So I'll take this as the best news I could possibly hope.  Sakaguchi may have been the soul, but I like to think Nomura absorbed some of it through Osmosis.

I hope they don't shoehorn in a shitty pop song.

Jump to Post

03.27.2013 8:14am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

SuperSquall said:
I hope they don't shoehorn in a shitty pop song.

Or any song in particular. FFXII's ending was massacred because it felt so out of place (that and I had no idea why Penelo did the voice over narration). I can't beieve I am saying this since Uematsu was the one who composed this. It's a shame because before that part FFXII's ending was pretty good and handled the end credit portion rather nicely.

Jump to Post

03.29.2013 12:26am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I rather liked FF12's ending. Felt very complete.  Somehow I rememebr it all, despite the fact that I can't remember much else about the game's storyline

Jump to Post

03.29.2013 2:01am

kjonez
with a Z

No more music with singing while I'm playing the game. Please. Just stop. XIII and XIII-2 make me cringe when I hae to listen to pop songs while I'm actually playing and not watching a cutscene. Just stop, ok?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter