Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy XV Trailer

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next >

06.11.2013 5:45am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

amaron said:

Everything? It's nowhere near what I look for in a Final Fantasy game.

After this generation ... as long as it has nothing to do with XIII (which it does not anymore apparently), I'm willing to give it a chance.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 6:14am

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Scribe said:

It will be featured on the Playstation 5

https://kotaku.com/holy-s-t-its-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-only-now-it-512471688

Spidey said:

You mean 4......lol

trailer actually looks pretty good other than the "cloud cameo" but ff13 trailer fooled me too

Scribe said:

It will be PS6 if we're lucky.

I was gonna say, no, PS5 sounds about right.  But who am I kidding?  6 is more likely.

No, SE, no.  You're not going to lure me in again with your shiny graphics and promise of a better story.  Don't even try to throw in nods to prior, much-loved FFs... it's... not going to work...

*sobs quietly in the corner*

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 7:11am

Blayze
Registered Member

The good? I liked the style of the world and the graphics looked stunning. We may even have a better defined villain than XII and XIII, which regularly had me wondering just who the antagonist is. I want a Kefka, Seymour or Sephiroth, constantly lingering at the forefront of the story, not someone who feels tacked on and fairly unrelated to the rest of the world's problems.

The bad - The action seemed way to action-oriented. I don't want want my characters leaping through the air from airships, I find it much easier to establish a connection with a character when they have more human limitations. If anyone saw Spoony's review of XIII, it did become slightly laughable the number of times characters fell from hundreds of feet in XIII only to get up and walk away without a scratch, but maybe I'm reading too much into the trailer here. Also, I prefer a slower, more strategic battle system. For me this peaked with X, and has regressed horribly since, and from the trailer I'm getting a feeling they're travelling further away from a system I'd enjoy.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 1:11pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

SuperSquall said:

Sure, but I was interested in specifically what you felt it was lacking since my reaction was completely different.  I saw characters, I saw a story that was somewhat compelling (reminded me of the FFIV story but in a more modern setting and it seems that the main character is from the kingdom that is being bullied, not vice versa), I saw characters interacting together like friends.  It was all good.  The father-son scene with the soup was interesting in that we learned something about the father (he'd rather eat bad soup then make the cook suffer).  I bring this up because at no point in FFXIII did we ever learn something through subtext-
SNOW :"I'm a hero."
-shut the fuck up, Snow.

I even went back and watched the FFXIII trailer again and did not observe any of these things on any level.  In the FFXII trailer I saw the grand plot being detailed but the human element was weak.  In my opinion there is great cause for optimism. If the gameplay takes after Kingdom Hearts that is fine by me - it is 10 times better than the utter crap we were served in FFXIII and the disengaging battle system of FFXII.

Honestly? It was just too action focused for me.

And stupidly, I looked at a lot of stuff with a different mindset than I would have after I found out that it was going to be a $399 machine. Now that I CAN afford it, I'm going to have to go back and watch a lot more of the trailers including this one.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 2:46pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Amp down the difficulty of XIII a bit and I'm sold*.  The world looks interesting and I can accept a more action-oriented game.

*There's hard, and there's frustrating.  A lot of XIII, in which they leaned too hard on the CONTINUE FROM START OF BATTLE option, was just frustrating.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 3:15pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

kirbenvost said:

*sobs quietly in the corner*

*pats shoulder* There, there dear; it'll be alright.

(Or not. Probably not lol)

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 3:23pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Probably not. XD

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 5:31pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Nah it'll probably be available in 2016 so they can have a 10 year anniversary celebration at same time/even before it's out.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 6:12pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Not PS4 exclusive.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 6:36pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

I feel like Charlie Brown to Squeenix's Lucy and her football, but once again I'll go into this next gen with cautious optimism.  I enjoyed the trailer and I've always been a fan of KH so I'm looking forward to that as well.  I just hope they don't pull the football away at the last second.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 11:12pm
 (Edited on 06.11.2013 at 11:34pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

Gameplay trailer, in HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A

Alright Square-Enix, I will admit it - you have my attention.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 11:25pm
 (Edited on 06.11.2013 at 11:41pm)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Im' honestly fine whether its turn based or whether it''s full on action rpg. I just dont want the shit hybrid we got in FF13.

edit: can't tell if it's fun from watching it . probably won't know til I play. anyone getting a "The Last Story" feel to the battle system? If so that would be fantastic. the fact that you can move around is a huge plus. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is worse than restricting you to the disadvantages of real time (only use one character) and not get the benefits (more exciting to take distance and length into account, can move around, dodge etc) FF13 took everything I hate about real time battles, and everything i hate about turn based and put it all together.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 11:44pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

If you are doing all those cool moves at least do more than 150 damage.

Jump to Post

06.11.2013 11:47pm

Zubis
Registered Member

I'm with you on moving around Spidey; if you make an RPG this gen where your character is just stuck in place, it's DOA.

Jump to Post

06.12.2013 12:33am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Zubis said:

I'm with you on moving around Spidey; if you make an RPG this gen where your character is just stuck in place, it's DOA.
I think that should also apply to the case where if the character you're controling gets KO'd, it's an instant game over despite the other characters in your party being fine with health.  Another thing the bugged the ever loving hell out of me with FF13

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter