Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy XV Trailer

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next >

06.13.2013 4:09am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Dr Squirrel said:

Yeah, I saw some gallery of partial headshots of like 12 characters and 2 of them were women and NONE of them were PoC.

I'm alright with that.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 4:25am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Still a little too pretty for my tastes but points for them not all looking like Gackt.

If I'll make any concession, it'll be to the world design, BTW.  The whole modern/near future Europe stuff reminds me of FFVIII.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 6:49am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Scribe said:

I'm alright with that.

Agreed, there just aren't any games exclusively featuring White men anymore.  Good on Square for stepping up to the plate.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 7:11am

Blayze
Registered Member

The screenshot for the main party fills me with some hope actually, especially the two guys to the left of the picture. Dare I say, they actually seem like real people. It's certainly an improvement from Wakka's MC Hammer pants, Tidus' dungarees, Vaan's shrunk in the wash waistcoat and many of the other ridiculously attired men of recent games, and the lack of the token lolita character is surprising. Would prefer not everyone to be in black, but eh, baby steps.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 10:01am

Kal
yes

Dr Squirrel said:

Yeah, I saw some gallery of partial headshots of like 12 characters and 2 of them were women and NONE of them were PoC.
10 bucks the blond is girly girl love interest who gets kidnapped at some point and the brunette is an independant 'I don't need no men' stone-hearted crypto-lesbian

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 2:47pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/final-fantasy-xv-will-have-multiple-direct-sequels

Multiple sequels...

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 6:03pm

Zubis
Registered Member

I'm impressed - a cast of adults.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 6:14pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yeah--too many white dudes, but at least they're not kids.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 7:32pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Don't worry, some of them will still have the emotional maturity of children. :p

It's like SE went "Hmm. The fans said they didn't like FFXIII as much as they could have. Maybe there were too many women. Let's make a game full of dudes! That'll fix the problem, right?"

Or, because Lightning was the main character and this was originally supposed to be XIII's counterpoint, they focused on making it the complete opposite. Which would explain the all-black everything, too...

But hey, they do look more mature and less ridiculous, so there's hope. And the world design is just superb, IMO.

Not liking the whole 'direct sequels' thing.  Square wants moar money.  They better give us decent endings, not like that ridiculous cliffhanger at the end of XIII-2.

Jump to Post

06.13.2013 11:12pm

Crisium
N/A

We cannot analyze the thought processes of modern SE, so don't bother. 

They are all white, mostly adult dudes, because.  That's all you need to know.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 3:03am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Maybe it was called versus because you're in a battle of men versus women, and our party is the men's side.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 3:57am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 8:38am

Kal
yes

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-final-fantasy-xv-was-almost-a-musical

Well this explains a lot. Or not. Either way, I'm kind of disappointed this didn't work out.

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 9:06am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

anyone know why altair's in this?

Jump to Post

06.14.2013 10:25am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Kal said:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-final-fantasy-xv-was-almost-a-musical

Well this explains a lot. Or not. Either way, I'm kind of disappointed this didn't work out.

There's a small part of me that wishes Nomura had decided to swim this way.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter