Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

So FFXIII-2 is out.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next >

02.01.2012 4:22pm

Testament
Shamshot

^I'd pick it up for a $30 credit.

Jump to Post

02.01.2012 4:56pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Getting Kingdoms of Amalur instead.  Doubt I'll regret it.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

02.01.2012 7:18pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Maybe when it gets to $10. I was pretty unimpressed with the demo and I didn't exactly have high expectations to begin with.

I've grown past the idea that I have to buy a Final Fantasy game because of the brand name and instantly assuming it will be some sort of quality game. Maybe that faith in the brand name will be restored once Square Enix stops putting out total shit, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon with that company these days.

Also ARUUUUUGH QTE's.

Jump to Post

02.01.2012 10:22pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I've got so many better things to spend my money on than a sequel to one of the worst games I've ever played in my life.

Jump to Post

02.02.2012 8:34am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'll be skipping this one. didnt realize it was out.

Jump to Post

02.02.2012 1:48pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I find it sad that this is the first time a Final Fantasy game has come out and I don't give a shit about it.

Jump to Post

02.02.2012 10:21pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

It's sad that most of us don't care. Look: how many people here bought it?, one or two?.

Jump to Post

02.03.2012 11:45pm

Makeshift Gray
FFO's Blank Earth

Mine arrived yesterday, but I probably won't get to start it until next week because I'll be busy all weekend. I liked XIII and I liked the demo for XIII-2, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Jump to Post

02.04.2012 4:20am

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Got the game yesterday; wife's playing it first since I don't care much for the game.  I've read the story summary and players' reactions and I have a feeling that this will go down as the worst FF ever.  SEX seriously need to get rid of Toriyama and get someone who can tell a story.  This guy has been trying to outdo himself since FFX but unforunately we all saw how that went.  Here's what I feel like an honest review: https://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/01/26/ps3-review-final-fantasy-xiii-2/.  I'll still probably play it after wife's done just for FF's sake but I suggest whoever's playing don't take this game seriously.  You've been warned.

Jump to Post

02.04.2012 9:11am

Old Juan
filled with hate

Given I've been playing it for awhile. It's definately better than 13, but that isn't going to take much.

As for the review that was posted. I agree with some of it and don't agree with some of it.

I agree that the story and music really isn't up to par. Yes, way too much info is still being given to us via primers. Doing stories that involve time travel are almost always convoluted because most storytellers try to make things way too complicated, couple that with a lack of understanding of metaphysics behind time travel and you end up with plot holes the size of Jupiter. Keep it simple, there's a reason why the Back to the Future movies have arguable the best use of time travel.

I don't agree with the reviewer's characterization of Noel. I think he's actually level headed and despite having a little bit of a hero complex himself he's leaps and bounds a better character than Snow.

Serah's alright. She isn't Lightning that's for sure but I've seen worse when it comes to the "naive school girl that leaves her sheltered existence".

I also disagree with his take on the my pet monsters stuff. It really isn't that fun leveling up your monsters. It basically entales spending hours grinding to get the components needed to level up the bastards. I remember the good ol' days when monster support was kept pretty simple and convenient in a single summoner package. Plus I don't like the fact that these beasts are taking the place where a third character should be.

But my biggest issue comes from the fact that this game is a bait and switch. All the promtional material, heavily focused on Lightning and you only get to play as her for....maybe the first twenty minutes of the game and thats it.

Jump to Post

02.04.2012 8:34pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I haven't even started XIII yet so odds are very low I'll get this game anytime soon, if at all. I'm really not all that eager to even try XIII, makes me question whatever logic I was using when I decided to pick it up, even if it was a used copy.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

02.05.2012 6:38pm

Ramses
Registered Member

amaron said:

I find it sad that this is the first time a Final Fantasy game has come out and I don't give a shit about it.

Been that way for me since XI.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 7:16am

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Have my copy arleady, will play once I'm done with Crisis Core.  Not expecting much, but I did think FF13 was at least _fun_ to play, so that's the most I'm hoping for for 13-2 as well.

But my biggest issue comes from the fact that this game is a bait and switch. All the promtional material, heavily focused on Lightning and you only get to play as her for....maybe the first twenty minutes of the game and thats it.
..... okay that is pretty fucking lame.  -_-;

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 2:40pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Played the demo last night and while I won't say I was impressed, it was fun and a lot better than XIII. I felt like I was actually being allowed to do what I wanted and some of the boss encounters actually required some strategy. The characters still seem a little vapid, but at least stuff was happening in the story. I kind of wish I had picked it up on the Target sale for the $20 giftcard, but that's okay. I'll get it cheap later maybe, and I've got two other games this week to distract me. 

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 7:49pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

I just want to add that while Mog is annoying as all fuck, at least the game makes up for it in a small way by allowing you to throw the little bastard around. I also find it amusing when you chuck it into a crowd of people. They start wigging out, it's a nice little touch and for me it hasn't gotten old yet.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter