Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

So FFXIII-2 is out.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Next >

02.07.2012 10:57am
 (Edited on 02.07.2012 at 11:05am)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Yeah, so from what I heard/read about the ending:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
It's a cliffhanger and apparently meant to make you buy future DLC to complete the story. Thus this turd means to utilize DLC in the wrongest and most gamer-screwing way imaginable. With this info, I went from "maybe if it's $10 or less" to "you'd better pay me at least a thousand dollars to play this before I even think about it." Fuck that shit.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 4:47pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Okay, Academia 400AF can go screw itself in the face. Effing Cie'th! I just wanna find some freaking ore!

Jump to Post

02.08.2012 3:26am

Old Juan
filled with hate

Oh yeah, and those hands of time clock puzzles can kiss my ass.

Jump to Post

02.08.2012 11:46am
 (Edited on 02.08.2012 at 7:29pm)

Seldomseen
Old Guard

^ I think they're alright. At least the game doesn't generate a new clock each time you have to retry the puzzle.

EDIT: Actually, nvm, I just played my third Hands of Time series, and they do generate a new clock when you retry. It took some retries and steps-ahead thinking, but I wasn't pulling my hair out or anything.

Jump to Post

02.08.2012 9:21pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Seldomseen said:

^ I think they're alright. At least the game doesn't generate a new clock each time you have to retry the puzzle.

EDIT: Actually, nvm, I just played my third Hands of Time series, and they do generate a new clock when you retry. It took some retries and steps-ahead thinking, but I wasn't pulling my hair out or anything.

The ones that are timed give you a completely new puzzle everytime you retry. The ones that aren't timed will give you the same one if you retry.

They still suck IMO.

BTW how far are you into the game?

Jump to Post

02.09.2012 2:20am

Seldomseen
Old Guard

I think I'm at the last boss. Holy schnikes, is he ever definitely not a pushover. I mean, seriously, I felt like I was fighting Culex in Super Mario RPG, 'cause I must've been fighting it for over half an hour before my guys finally expired due to me running out of Wound Potions; which was when I realized it was a battle that I wasn't supposed to lose for story purposes. Yeah, the fight was that crazy for me.

Needless to say, it's grind time; which is strange, because I don't think I ever spent more than an hour or two's worth of pure leveling during my entire playthrough.

Either way, I guess I can also use this time to go back and treasure hunt now that I have a couple more Fragment Skills at my disposal.

Jump to Post

02.09.2012 3:05am
 (Edited on 02.09.2012 at 10:00pm)

Old Juan
filled with hate

Just beat it.

I know I should probably be outraged by the To Be Continued thing. But truthfully my sick sense of humor prevents it. I guess I just find it a bit hysterical that after all your characters go through and experience that they ultimately get punked hard core at the end.

ETA:

Yes I cheered when Mog died.

Jump to Post

02.11.2012 7:17am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

I pre-ordered and haven't had a chance to start it up yet. Kinda considering playing through FFXIII first... I grabbed the Gamestop Pre-Order, but now I'm wishing I had done Amazon.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 12:54am

Seldomseen
Old Guard

I liked the ending, actually.

But DLC be damned!

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 4:01am

Lexx
Terran Angel

My brother beat it today.  He still has extra stuff to do, but he said on the whole he liked it a lot.  Much more than he did XIII.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 6:11pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Beat that lone Long Gui on the Archylte Steppe. They're not that easy to fell in Final Fantasy XIII-1, are they? I mean, I haven't even unlocked them on that game yet-- I'm still fighting Adamantoises and Adamantortoises there, with Vanille's Death method, no less.

Jump to Post

02.13.2012 10:42pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Seldomseen said:

Beat that lone Long Gui on the Archylte Steppe. They're not that easy to fell in Final Fantasy XIII-1, are they? I mean, I haven't even unlocked them on that game yet-- I'm still fighting Adamantoises and Adamantortoises there, with Vanille's Death method, no less.

The Long Gui in XIII-2 is easier by far. It doesn't spam the shit out of Ultima like it does in the first. It also doesn't attack anywhere near as frequently as it does in the first one. You don't even need a Sentinel set up in this one if you are leveled high enough. All you need is speed and some debuffing and you will easily make it your bitch.

I don't even know why they bothered with putting accessories that up your attack power in this game when the entire battle system is almost soley built around speed and defense.

Jump to Post

02.14.2012 2:00am

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Speaking of speed and defense, I'm glad you don't have to commit to using the Paradox Scope during a close-gate playthrough, 'cause the guy you have to fight (twice) in 4XX AF is beefed up to such a degree, my guys can barely get any attacks in before he starts juggling me and subsequently heals himself (as I desperately try to do the same). Before turning off the Fragment Skill, I was worried for a second that I might have trapped myself in The Void Beyond. I guess it's back to the grind.

Jump to Post

02.14.2012 6:56pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Seldomseen said:

Speaking of speed and defense, I'm glad you don't have to commit to using the Paradox Scope during a close-gate playthrough, 'cause the guy you have to fight (twice) in 4XX AF is beefed up to such a degree, my guys can barely get any attacks in before he starts juggling me and subsequently heals himself (as I desperately try to do the same). Before turning off the Fragment Skill, I was worried for a second that I might have trapped myself in The Void Beyond. I guess it's back to the grind.

If you are talking about fighting against Cais in the void beyond. The key to that battle when the paradox scope is on is to have a sentinel with you. As long as the your monster sentinel has a large amount of HP they take the brunt of Cais's attacks leaving you not having to worry about being juggled in the air. You then focus on attacking and healing your sentinel when nessessary.

Jump to Post

02.15.2012 8:42pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

^ Thanks, that was the trick.

Okay, I think I know why you hated those clock puzzles so much: You were in Oerba 300 AF and 400 AF, weren't you? Man, it was, like, anomaly after anomaly over there.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter