Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Square doing a Final Fantasy 25th anv confrence tonight.

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

12.20.2012 9:09pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I actually rather like Lightning's new outfit, but I never hated the Valkyrie outfit either outside of teh sheer randomness of it (and that was pretty much the only design from XIII-2 I liked. Serreh and co.'s designs were just... awful). The gameplay in the trailer looks interestig too, I just hope that slowdown is either because it's early dev footage or shoddy trailer encoding. If it's not that bad in the actual game, it looks like it could be fun.

Jump to Post

12.21.2012 11:50am

viator
Registered Member

I'll allow myself to be a little curious; do you like it just for the design, or do you like it on Lightning, in the world of Final Fantasy XIII?

I could understand someone saying they like a design, but that's not enough to make it passable. It needs to be put in a context. Just because something looks "good" doesn't mean it fits into an environment, and that's my beef with Lightning's design direction post-FFXIII.

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

12.21.2012 1:15pm
 (Edited on 12.21.2012 at 1:21pm)

Ashilyn
Career GM

It stands out, absolutely - I even said above how completely random it was - but I like the design and think it looks good on Lightning. Normally, context would matter to me, but so little of FFXIII-2 makes any sense setting-wise and is such a awful mishmash of styles and designs that I just don't care. Which is an overall problem with post-FFXIII design, but in the specific case of Valkyriw Lightning, whatever.

And personally, I think it's possible to like a character design and for it to be passable, and still dislike how it looks in context. If it doesn't fit into the world, that's dumb and they should've designed something more consistant. But that doesn't stop the design itself from being appealing.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter