Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Square doing a Final Fantasy 25th anv confrence tonight.

09.01.2012 7:54pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Areas said:

FFvXIII has been confirmed to not be showing up at TGS.  Lol, Square.

https://thesilentchief.com/2012/09/01/confirmed-no-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-at-the-tokyo-game-show/

Apparently it's just a rumor but if they had something they should have showed it at this event.

Is it just me or is Square-Enix the only who believes Lightning and FFXIII were popular? I guess they are in denial that it was not a well liked game and Lightning is not a well liked character.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 8:26pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Honestly the word that comes to mind with both FF13 and 14 is butthurt. They're annoyed we don't like their stuff and will keep trying until we do.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 9:11pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I guess I'm the only one that really didn't mind Lightning as a character.  Hell, I liked her, really.  It was Snow I hated with a clear passion.

Though I can only imagine the rage if Snow was getting his own game instead.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 10:57pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

CaButler said:

I guess I'm the only one that really didn't mind Lightning as a character.  Hell, I liked her, really.  It was Snow I hated with a clear passion.

Though I can only imagine the rage if Snow was getting his own game instead.

Lightning was an average character stuck in a bad game. Perhaps if she was in a diffrent and more coherent story/game she would have been more interesting and this probably holds true for Sazh. Hope and Snow are lost causes though.

Jump to Post

09.02.2012 10:56pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

To be fair Hope seems much better in XIII-2, though I've not been playing it long so there's plenty of tine for it to go down hill for him.

Jump to Post

09.02.2012 11:43pm

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

I'll hit it.

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 2:56am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Hope improved considerably in XIII-2 - he actually really did grow up both physically and mentally. It was just Snow that remained the bumbling, 'I'm-a-hero' muscle-for-brains he was in the first one. And unfortunately, when the game adds him to your party he's controlled by the computer so you can't even let him die!

Not to mention the douche
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
even willingly turned into a l'cie again, simply because 'oh, I need more strength if I want to save Lightning and Serah! Like when I was a l'cie!'.
I literally face palmed when I read that quote of his in the Datalog.

Hell, what FFXIII-3 needs is a Snow-punching event - not a battle, but a mini-game where the objective is to have Lightning beat Snow up with nothing less than well placed fists to the face.

Repeatedly. Over and over again.

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 4:50am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Fifan said:

Square, why do you make it so easy for me to hate you?

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

09.03.2012 4:23pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Enkidoh said:

Hope improved considerably in XIII-2 - he actually really did grow up both physically and mentally. It was just Snow that remained the bumbling, 'I'm-a-hero' muscle-for-brains he was in the first one. And unfortunately, when the game adds him to your party he's controlled by the computer so you can't even let him die!

Not to mention the douche
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
even willingly turned into a l'cie again, simply because 'oh, I need more strength if I want to save Lightning and Serah! Like when I was a l'cie!'.
I literally face palmed when I read that quote of his in the Datalog.

Hell, what FFXIII-3 needs is a Snow-punching event - not a battle, but a mini-game where the objective is to have Lightning beat Snow up with nothing less than well placed fists to the face.

Repeatedly. Over and over again.

Like she did in the first game almost every time they met?

I approve!

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 10:48am

Vyers
Dark Adonis

I don't get why there's random Majora's Mask bashing going on in this thead, but it is my favourite Zelda!

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 11:59am

Fifan
The guy with the girly avatar

*highfives Vyers*

You are good people.

Enkidoh said:

Hell, what FFXIII-3 needs is a Snow-punching event

What FFXIII-3 needs is not being made in the first place.

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 2:05pm

Crisium
N/A

Vyers said:

I don't get why there's random Majora's Mask bashing going on in this thead, but it is my favourite Zelda!

Hear, hear!  If anything, this alone makes XIII-2 guage may intertest.

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 1:26pm

Zubis
Registered Member

https://kotaku.com/5940538/the-new-final-fantasy-sounds-interesting-and-in-need-of-more-time

Lightning Returns is 30% complete.

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 4:35pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Zubis said:

https://kotaku.com/5940538/the-new-final-fantasy-sounds-interesting-and-in-need-of-more-time

Lightning Returns is 30% complete.

So that would mean they've been working on it since FFXIII came out.

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 6:23pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Here's the tl;dr of the Famitsu stuff. for those wh odon't want to slog through Kotaku:

FFXIII is story driven, FFXIII-2 is player driven, and Lightning Returns is World Driven, players need to decide how they will interact with the changing world
In the game one day equals to approximately 1 - 2 hours of real time
Time can be extended or shortened depending on player's action
The game is designed to allow players to replay multiple times, and each iteration would not require tens of hours to clear
It is possible to carry over items when you replay the game
The people from XIII-2 are alive, due to the effects of Chaos, people have stopped aging and they don't get old
The world Novus Partus has four continents, two with urban cities and two natural terrain
The remaining days before the world ends can decrease and end before 13 days, it all depends on your choices and action
For example, helping a certain character may decrease the remaining days left for the world
Defeating certain enemies or completing certain quests can increase the remaining days
Lightning will be all by herself in battle, which allows you to concentrate than controlling a party of 3
Lightning's character has become more refined and considerate
There will be serial killers in a city, which Lightning helps to catch
The battle system is more action oriented, there will be an Active Time Battle gauge
There's no battle menu, you have to assign abilities to the controller buttons and use them in battle
During battles you can move freely in the field, certain elements in the battle system require timing
Hope Estheim will be in the game, he will give advices to Lightning using wireless communication
You can find different types of clock everywhere in the game, shwoing the progression of time
This will be Lightning's last game and will have a happy ending.
There will be only one ending for this game
The game is currently 30% complete

It almost sounds like they're trying to create a WRPG, with the heavy infulence on more action oriented combat, player infleuence and interaction, and choice. Fucking christ, though, why is Hope back AGAIN? And as her navigator? For christ sake, Square T_T

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter