Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Square doing a Final Fantasy 25th anv confrence tonight.

09.01.2012 5:41am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Is it just me, or does that new city in FFXIII-3 look supsiciously like San d'Oria from FFXI?

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 7:48am
 (Edited on 09.01.2012 at 7:56am)

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

If Lightning Returns is an Action RPG and FF vs. XIII is also supposed to be an action RPG does that mean it's possible the assets from FF vs. 13 was put into Lightning Returms?

To be fair the details on Lightning Returns looks interesting, problem is why does Square Enix want to tie this new game up with a very unpopular game? Since the game has a new gameplay system, world, and characters it would probably have been better to create a new standalone title (or one not based on FFXIII). It's not like FFXIII has a lot of positive brand recognition.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 9:01am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

This could quite possibly my least favorite piece of matter in existence. I hate Majoras Mask (only zelda title I don't like out of the now millions out there) and its time mechanic. I hate lightning, and I hate FF13.  i want to play this thing just to see what would happen to my brain. 

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 10:39am

Fifan
The guy with the girly avatar

Square, why do you make it so easy for me to hate you?

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 11:08am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I love the collection and the look of the discs, packaging and such but I don't have all of the systems so there's no point in even thinking about buying this. Pricey as hell too, wow.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 12:25pm
 (Edited on 09.01.2012 at 1:11pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

At least they made her playable. I might pick up 13-2 now I guess.

And goddammit, SE don't learn from their mistakes. No gameplay, hell, not even a CG video, just concept art. So they announced this way too early again.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 1:52pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I get that Spidey, I also hate the time mechanic of Majora's Mask, so much that it's the only Zelda title (CDI excluded) that I never beat.  I can't even say "fuck you, SE" with much passion anymore since I've been saying it so goddamn much in the past 4 years.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 2:46pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

This looks really cool, I'm just wondering if it's going to be NTSC or Japan only ...if they stop pre-orders soon, then I guess this package will become pretty rare soon enough, assuming they don't sell those easily online =/ I might consider buying it, though I have to see if I'll be able to manage the funds by then

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 2:59pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Big Tall said:

I love the collection and the look of the discs, packaging and such but I don't have all of the systems so there's no point in even thinking about buying this. Pricey as hell too, wow.

Yeah. If they really wanted people to buy this, I don't understand why they wouldnt just port all the games to a current console.

Trying to keep an open mind about XIII-3, but I also hate time limits in games. Also, they said Lightning will be a stronger character? Wasn't she a goddess in the last game?! Or maybe they just meant she'll have a personality this time.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 3:11pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Fuuko Sakurada said:

This looks really cool, I'm just wondering if it's going to be NTSC or Japan only ...if they stop pre-orders soon, then I guess this package will become pretty rare soon enough, assuming they don't sell those easily online =/ I might consider buying it, though I have to see if I'll be able to manage the funds by then

More than likely (IMO) Japan only because of the FFXI PS2 discs.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 3:24pm

Zubis
Registered Member

"Congratulations on the 25th anniversary. Please wait for his turn to appear."

lolno.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 5:07pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 5:31pm

Fifan
The guy with the girly avatar

Zubis said:

"Congratulations on the 25th anniversary. Please wait for his turn to appear."

lolno.

He's got a face you immediately want to punch.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 7:37pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

FFvXIII has been confirmed to not be showing up at TGS.  Lol, Square.

https://thesilentchief.com/2012/09/01/confirmed-no-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-at-the-tokyo-game-show/

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 7:48pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I actually love Majora's Mask, and I'm fine with the premise of an action RPG (Crisis Core was a solid game after all), but I still have zero interest in FFXIII-3. The world of FFXIII in general just turns me off, and Lightning is no Zack Fair.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter