Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Square doing a Final Fantasy 25th anv confrence tonight.

09.05.2012 6:29pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

is it bad that, when I read that Hope would be Lightning's navigator, I immediately thought of Teddie from Persona 4 before Rise joined up?

Because if that's the case, i'm shuddering now.

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 6:47pm
 (Edited on 09.05.2012 at 6:55pm)

Old Juan
filled with hate

Edited because Ashilyn's post beat me to it.

This game sounds very different from the first two in the 13 series and from the rest of the FF's altogether. This could go either way at this point. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I thought Hope was much improved in XIII-2. So a mature and and adult Hope lending a hand in navagating Lightning's character doesn't bother me.

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 7:15pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

CaButler said:

is it bad that, when I read that Hope would be Lightning's navigator, I immediately thought of Teddie from Persona 4 before Rise joined up?

Because if that's the case, i'm shuddering now.

That's exactly the mental image I had (which was why I described him as a navigator), and most everyone Ive talked to has gone "Oh, so Hope is Teddie/Fuuka/Rise?"

...I imagine more Teddie than anything else :x

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 7:22pm

Zubis
Registered Member

https://www.1up.com/features/final-fantasy-xiv-franchise-reborn

Great article on 14 2.0.

Jump to Post

09.06.2012 12:30am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

FF13-3 sounds exactly like it takes a page out of Bof 5's book as well..a game I actually liked a lot. Interesting.

Jump to Post

12.18.2012 4:08pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Not as bad as the XIII-2, to be honest.

Jump to Post

12.18.2012 6:20pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

lol

Jump to Post

12.18.2012 6:57pm

CaButler

So, Ligthning is loaded for bear.

And she appears to be in actual combat armor.  Shocking.

Jump to Post

12.18.2012 9:05pm

Rinoa
Night Star
Administrator

Dat strategic skin showing.

Rinoa.Nu

Jump to Post

12.18.2012 9:59pm

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

The game system has my attention (I loved Mask of Majora), and action RPG means no more FFXIII combat system, so that's good.  I'd still be more optimistic if it wasn't a XIII game, or at least didn't star Lightning and Hope.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

12.19.2012 1:20am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Old Juan said:

Edited because Ashilyn's post beat me to it.

This game sounds very different from the first two in the 13 series and from the rest of the FF's altogether. This could go either way at this point. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I thought Hope was much improved in XIII-2. So a mature and and adult Hope lending a hand in navagating Lightning's character doesn't bother me.

Problem is no matter how much is changed and improved in Lightning Returns ... it still carries the FFXIII brand which is damaged goods and never had a good repulation to begin with. Why associate itself with a game that was poorly recieved? Why not just use the engine and ideas and create a game that not associated with FFXIII? I mean the drop in sales from FFXIII and FFXIII-2 speaks for itself.

Jump to Post

12.19.2012 11:12am
 (Edited on 12.19.2012 at 11:43am)

viator
Registered Member

Aquila said:

Not as bad as the XIII-2, to be honest.
Not to me. What the hell is up with the viking breastplate? Norse mythology in Final Fantasy XIII is really out of place. I grew to dislike Lightning in every way possible since the game first released overseas, but her original design is still leagues ahead of the post-FFXIII designs. What was a character one could figure out and possibly accept as is, they turned her into a largely opposite character. From a moderate, well-designed outfit and rebellion against the gods she goes Valkyrie swearing an oath to a goddess? I believe Final Fantasy XIII-2 does improve and fix upon some of FFXIII's flaws, but the time travel and ridiculous Lightning changes cements the game's inferiority to the original.

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

12.19.2012 4:06pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Maybe it's because I hated XIII-2's design so much that this is an improvement to me.

Jump to Post

12.19.2012 7:02pm

Rinoa
Night Star
Administrator

All part of the master plan.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
The 13-2 and 13-3 designs look bad to make us like 13-1 design more.

And it's working.

Jump to Post

12.20.2012 8:53pm

CaButler

Look, a gameplay trailer!

So... uh, yeah, I guess they need to work on that slowdown... among other things.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter