Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Why Lightning Returns was delayed by 6 months.

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next >

07.19.2013 8:55pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

kirbenvost said:

Fanservicey enough?

Those Snow costumes are hideous.  I gather there's no versus mode in XIV.  Too bad, it would be more opportunities to beat the tar out of Snow!

PvP events are planned for FFXIV (it's going to be tested in Phase 4). However from what I understand the FFXIII costumes will be purely vanity gear with no stats (there's also rumours it will only be visible in cities and not out in the field).

But yeah, if I saw a player in FFXIV dressed like that grade-A-douchebag, I don't care if I'd be a PLD or WHM, I'd slam my Curtana so fast into into jaw...

As for Light's miqo'te costume in LR: FFXIII... I don't know, it kind of suits her in a surreal way (it's almost as if SE themselves are saying 'we're desperate to make some return on all the money we wasted on Fabula Nova Crystalis so we have no choice but whore out it's main character', and have given her an appropriate outfit accordingly. ;)).

Jump to Post

07.19.2013 10:19pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Hahaha, yep, sounds about right.

Jump to Post

07.24.2013 8:53am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Lightning Returns just got more awesome

Well not really

Square Enix revealed that in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, you can upload your boss battle scores to social networks like Facebook and Twitter and compare your score in the leaderboard. It is also possible to customize the color of Lightning's various outfits.

https://www.the-magicbox.com/

Jump to Post

07.24.2013 10:06am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Is there even a game in all this, or is it just a facebook dress up app?

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

07.27.2013 10:40am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Dress up.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635896

the reason Hope became young again is unknown
-the 4th world "Wilderness" they showed in Japan expo is open world and you can ride chocobo
-the collaboration costumes change your win pose and the win music as well.
-you can change colors for the Cloud costume as well.
-If you have XIII, XIII-2 save data, you can use the XIII and XIII-2 costume right away.
-the showed off FFX's Yuna costume
-weapons, shields, costumes can be bought in shops or are quest rewards.
-the have accessories like glasses, earrings, necklaces, etc.
-you get abilities by killing enemies.
-depending on how you customize your character, its possible to kill the last boss in 50 seconds.
-If you are not good at action, you can focus on defence stats and you will be able to beat the game without using the "defend/guard" command.

-It is true the Lightning's Bust size increased from C cup to D cup in LR. Its done by Toriyama.
-There will be costumes that makes your bust size bigger or smaller.

Sigh.

Jump to Post

07.27.2013 1:51pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Zubis said:

Dress up.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635896

Sigh.

Apparently this was already revealed on June so I wasn't sure if the NEOGAF thread was a new one (reconfirming the bust size) or a thread that was bumped up. Still though this is very unsettling not just the cup size but the fat that most of the point mentioned are about Costumes.

Jump to Post

07.28.2013 1:21am

Scribe
The Taru

That's the breast news yet!

Jump to Post

07.28.2013 9:10pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

But wait, there's more!

https://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/27/more-information-on-lightnings-boob-job-in-lightning-returns-ffxiii-emerge-yes-theyll-jiggle/

Q: I heard that the chest Jiggles?
Goto: Yes, her chest jiggles. Since everyone can decide what costume sheâ??ll wear, you can make sure it does (laughs). By the way, since Lightning swings her arm when you change her weapon in the menu screen, thatâ??s a recommended action for sure-fire jiggling! To see it even better it could be useful to equip a small shield. Look forward to it!

SE and I are done now. Professionally.

Jump to Post

07.28.2013 9:19pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Zubis said:

But wait, there's more!

https://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/27/more-information-on-lightnings-boob-job-in-lightning-returns-ffxiii-emerge-yes-theyll-jiggle/

SE and I are done now. Professionally.

If that's going to be a breaking point for you, I'd just break up with games in general now and get it over with, man.

Jump to Post

07.28.2013 9:23pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

I mostly have to be honest. I'm very selective about the games I play these days, and FF13-3's unlikely to make that list unless it's damn fun to play. Which I don't see happening.

Jump to Post

07.28.2013 9:45pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Personally, I think it sounds really fun. Like I've said before, it sounds like a mash up of Crisis Core, FFXIII, and FFX-2, which were all games I really enjoyed the gameplay in. I may not pick it up at full price, but it sounds like it'll be worth cash to me. I couldn't give two fucks about stuff like cosplay outfits, number of outfits, jiggle, ect. I just want a fun game with even a mildly interesting story that finally puts an end to XIII.

Jump to Post

07.28.2013 9:46pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

I'm still reserving some judgement. Definitely not a full price choice as you said, but we'll see.

Jump to Post

07.28.2013 10:57pm

Scribe
The Taru

I just wish they'd have an option for us guys that like a nice fat ass on our bitches. Where's my hoodrat costume DLC?

Jump to Post

07.29.2013 5:48am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Ashilyn said:

If that's going to be a breaking point for you, I'd just break up with games in general now and get it over with, man.

That's kind of true but I think it's more to do with Final Fantasy being put in a low brow (boob changing, bust jiggling) position. When we used to look at Final Fantasy we see quality gaming, class, an epic tale and a franchise that brings respectability in gaming. These recentl news really puts the franchise in something we used to think would be benath Final Fantasy. 

Jump to Post

07.29.2013 6:00am

Ashilyn
Career GM

shooter_mcgavin said:

That's kind of true but I think it's more to do with Final Fantasy being put in a low brow (boob changing, bust jiggling) position. When we used to look at Final Fantasy we see quality gaming, class, an epic tale and a franchise that brings respectability in gaming. These recentl news really puts the franchise in something we used to think would be benath Final Fantasy. 

It can still be quality gaming. Boobs do not preclude quality gaming. I mean, Tifa's tits were a big deal back in the day. Lulu's were something people raised an eyebrow at too. There's always been a lot of fanservice and shit in Final Fantasy. This is a bit of a step further than usual, but it's really not anything that should be unexpected. And ultimately, it's such a minor thing, why make such a fuss over it?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter