Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Adventures in Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V Official Thread)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Next >

11.12.2011 5:11pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

The problem is there's no option to reset movement to default.  I don't remember what the default controls are.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 12:04am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Are these the controls for Skyrim? If so, I don't see anything wrong with it, PC-wise. It's almost similar to BF3 controls and I'm perfectly fine with it.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 12:48am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Most (but not all) of the movement and interaction options are fine, but navigating menus is a practice in idiocy. The fact that it's much easier to use the arrow keys to navigate any menu than  point and lick is sad, and I couldn't even get sliders to move in CAC without using the arrow keys. It's stupid.

Also, I shared this on Facebook a few days ago, but I thuoght I'd share it here too:

Already have a Skyrim anecdote to share, because the game made me feel like an awful human being earlier. So, I just got of the opening area, into a snowy forest, and hear "I think I see something!" and then hear a bark, and I look, and I see a hunter, bow drawn. So I watch him for a second, and realise he's a hunting a fox. Which is all well and good until I accidentally attack him, prompting him to attack me back. So, I'm forced to kill him, pretty standard Elder Scrolls stuff ...except then this shaggy dog comes lumbering up, having finished off the fox for it's master, and then whimpers and lays down beside the body

I can say with confidence that nothing like that ever happened in Oblivion. I love it.

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 1:38am

Lord Snow
Super Lurker

I had a weird moment. 

I was heading to Riften on foot when a shady looking dude ran up to me and forced me to take a magic bow, telling me to hang onto it, he'll be back for it, and if I don't have it when he comes for me, I'll be in trouble. 

Then the guy runs off. 

Two seconds later, three hunters run by chasing the first guy, yelling about how they want their bow back.

Then a dragon lands, they all start fighting it and all four of them die. 

I kill the dragon, absorb it's soul...then I sit looking at the bow in my inventory, wondering what would have happened with it if the dragon hadn't chosen right then to land oO.

Then I went to town and sold it.

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 2:11am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Gotta love dynamic worlds.

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 4:31am
Thread Creator (Edited on 11.13.2011 at 4:45am)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Three words: FUCK FROST TROLLS!!!

If you don't know what I mean yet, you will soon.

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 6:46am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

MY GOD! ;-:

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 10:08am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Didn't get much of a chance to play last night, but I'm pretty sure I spent at least half of the session screwing around with smithing. It's far too addictive for its own good. I wasn't going to touch archery, but I needs me a lot of leather now... >.

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 11:46am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Dammit, I can't make a prettyboy Nord character. :(

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 4:55pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I'm a god damned werewolf.  AWOOOOO!!!

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 1:57am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Very rad game but heads up on a glitch I just found. If you run into Darklight Tower do it from the bottom up and not like I did, sneaking and killing peeps at the top and picking the master locks there and then getting stuck at the gate halfway through. Fucks up a quest you're suppossed to get at the bottom.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 5:09am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

i caught a bee

and i ate it

it restored my stamina

this is the greatest fucking game

YOU CAN FUCKING EAT BEES

EAT

FUCKING

BEES

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 6:34am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

As someone who has a bee phobia, that sounds incredible.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 7:36am

Som
Genitals are Funny

A minor detail that annoys me a lil; (maybe spoilers)

So i finished the thieves guild stuff. I am now the head of the thieves guild. Now in Oblivion when i became the leader of different guild people in that guild acjnowledged it. Skyrim though i go to the thieves guild area and no one acknowledges me as leader. they say the same shit they have said to me since the start.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 4:05pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

My game has glictched two times where it makes me walk like im overburdened even though I am not eve close and the only way to stop it is to close the game out and restart it. Anyone else run into that?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter