Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Adventures in Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V Official Thread)

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Next >

12.31.2011 5:15pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Remember folks, The Elder Scrolls series has expansion packs (or DLC episodes as they're called these days). Wouldn't be surprisd if one of them down the pipeline was Thalmor-centric.

Jump to Post

01.04.2012 9:10pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Loving this game so far, it takes my so long to get anywhere as I get distracted by something and off I go. I missed out on the last one as I was about half way through when my brother in law deleted my save. ;(

So far I've finished the Thieves and Mage quests, not sure whether to do the brotherhood or companions next. Don't think I can be bothered with being a werewolf. 

My only gripe is that I've raised my skills like lock pick, pickpocket, sneak etc... As well as some combat stuff but haven't spent the points wisely, so I think my level is falsely higher than it should be.  I'm now getting my ass kicked across Skyrim and quests are taking sooo long. 

Jump to Post

01.05.2012 7:21pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Luckily you don't have to bother with being a werewolf. You can either cure yourself or just ignore it completely (the only downsides being that you can't get the rested bonus and you can't become a vampire). 

Jump to Post

01.05.2012 9:13pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Is being a vampire worth it?  I'd have thought it'd be a pain in the arse dying every time the sun comes out?  Or are you a Twilight Vamp that sparkles?:P

Jump to Post

01.06.2012 1:48am

Amer
pew pew pew

I've not tried the vampire route but  I had a friend who became one accidentaly when he didn't cure the virus in time. He basically said everyone knows you're a vampire and every time you enter a town people attack you. Eventually he just decided to start over. 

Jump to Post

01.06.2012 1:56pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

My khajit is a werewolf (yes haha cat turns into dog) and i think i have turned into a wolf once while i was streaming for lols.

Jump to Post

01.06.2012 4:36pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah - I haven't turned into a werewolf once since the first time when you have to.  I did marry a werewolf though, cause you should marry within your own species, damnit!

I'm debating whether or not to spam-level my conjuration (by casting soul-trap on a corpse).  It's my main damage-dealer, along with destruction, so it's not like I"d be screwing myself over by doing it.  I want to get the level up so I can get the high level spells - I'm so sick of the frigging frost atronach.  But If I level it completely and keep using it in combat, then my levelling will start to slow...

Jump to Post

01.06.2012 5:04pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Given the choice, werewolf > vampire if only for the fact you're 100% disease proof as a werewolf. Less potions for me to carry around. Sure I can never get the well-rested bonus, but that doesn't mean much except early on in the game really.

Jump to Post

01.06.2012 9:06pm

maximus asinus
Registered Member

I thought you got the disease resistance as a vampire too. Vampires also get a number of powers the longer they go without feeding and I believe bonuses to attack power (haven't gone vampire in Skyrim, basing it off Oblivion).

Also as mentioned above, town's people will notice you are a vampire if you go a day without feeding.

Jump to Post

01.06.2012 9:32pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Ah true, for some reason I thought only Werewolves got that resistance. I'd still rather have lycanthropy.

Jump to Post

01.07.2012 8:23am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampirism

The town's people take a little longer to dislike and then finally attack you if you don't feed in Skyrim.

Jump to Post

01.09.2012 6:46pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Think I'm gonna go cruising for a wife now I've got my own pad.  Shame you can't marry Karliah. ;)

Jump to Post

01.09.2012 9:17pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Now that I got the trophy for doing 10 sidequests, I'm realizing that I might just never finish a lot of these named quests.  You don't get experience for actually completing them, the rewards are usually just equipment that I sell (and I have more money than I need), and there's still so much of the bigger questlines for me to do.  Just makes me sad in a way.

Jump to Post

01.10.2012 4:36am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I'm level 32 and am just now starting actual quests after getting tired of just doing miscellaneous ones.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

01.10.2012 1:57pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Love how this game works sometimes.  I had to find a courier for a quest, started moving to the map marker.  Then I realized it was moving, so I started running.  When I got close, I saw it had been killed by a couple ice wolves and a snow bear, and they attacked me.  I was lazy, didn't want to bother getting out a heal spell, and the bear killed me.  Reloaded, took my time getting there, when I realized the courier was still moving.  It was completely random that she was killed the first time.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter