Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 ... 224 Next >

03.01.2017 11:43am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I love this game

Jump to Post

03.01.2017 3:19pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Horizon: ZD is a lot of fun. I just hope i don't get out of this "starting area" and am greeted by 40 random quests. 

Jump to Post

03.01.2017 3:40pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

reido said:

UGH IT'S IN MY PLAYSTATION AND IT'S INSTALLING AND UPDATING AND I HAVE TOO MUCH SHIT TO DO AND WON'T GET TO PLAY UNTIL 10:00 TONIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH THIS IS KILLING ME.

Mine is supposed to arrive by 8 PM Thursday.  I'll then put it in so it can download updates and install and all that, then I have taken Friday off to play and informed my husband that the living room is mine :).

Going to take a break from World of Final Fantasy for this, which I have been loving.  Plot is dumb and too "kiddie," but I just love the classic gameplay.

Jump to Post

03.01.2017 4:15pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I managed to squeeze in enough time to play the opening and then get to the very first pack of robosauruses you take on on your own (near where the SAVE MY DAUGHTER PLZ guy is).  Holy shit, even just taking down a couple of deer-looking things is just immensely satisfying.

Jump to Post

03.02.2017 5:17pm

Testament
Shamshot

So far, so good.  Haven't been able to play as much as I would like, but incoming weekend should remedy that.

Jump to Post

03.03.2017 6:52pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Is Horizon Zero Dawn a real, deep adventure game, or is it one of these Tomb Raider/Uncharted type things that takes 10 hours to beat and is largely cinematic?

Jump to Post

03.03.2017 8:31pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Atma Weapon said:

Is Horizon Zero Dawn a real, deep adventure game, or is it one of these Tomb Raider/Uncharted type things that takes 10 hours to beat and is largely cinematic?

The former.  It takes 30-40 hours to beat and about 10-15 more to platinum.

Jump to Post

03.07.2017 7:02pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Me, having reached Meridian:  "I should work on the main story.  I've only got two weeks until Andromeda, and I know myself, and I'm not going to be able to play Horizon at all until MEA is done."
Also me, leaving Meridian:  "There are untagged campfires out on the edges of the area I've explored, and also side quests, and also to be totally honest with myself I just want to wander around the map, farming herbs and sticks and killing everything I can find."

Jump to Post

03.08.2017 6:19am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

I made the mistake of starting Zelda before finishing HZD....  Zelda is ridiculously addicting.  This may be my favorite Zelda yet.  I've put countless hours into the game just exploring it.  I've yet to touch a main dungeon/advance the story.

Jump to Post

03.08.2017 10:36pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

reido said:

Me, having reached Meridian:  "I should work on the main story.  I've only got two weeks until Andromeda, and I know myself, and I'm not going to be able to play Horizon at all until MEA is done."
Also me, leaving Meridian:  "There are untagged campfires out on the edges of the area I've explored, and also side quests, and also to be totally honest with myself I just want to wander around the map, farming herbs and sticks and killing everything I can find."

You and me both, buddy, you and me both.

Jump to Post

03.08.2017 10:58pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Having a lot of fun with Zero Dawn.  I have a feeling I will not get it finished in time for Mass Effect Andromeda.

Jump to Post

03.09.2017 1:22pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I'm having my general open world paralysis with Horizon.  Much less so than with other open world games, but it's still there.  I'm still very early on.  Played a little last night.  The next thing I'm going to do now is head into a crumbled town looking area where my first tallneck and bandit camp are.  And I was just like ooh that seems like a lot to deal with right now.  I'll just watch TV instead.

Jump to Post

03.09.2017 5:46pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Haha - Colin I felt a bit the same when I reached that point. 

To me - it makes it easier to just focus on one or two quests at a time - at that point in the game

1. Revenge quest
2. Main story quest (go talk to people in the town)

The basically take you two seperate directions in that same area - one to the northwest and one to the northeast. Along the way, there are lots of little sidequests just off the main path of those two quest that you can hit pretty quick if you want. 

Otherwise just open up that quest screen and let the lowest level quest be your guide. Don't skip cauldrons. Skip hunter lodge and bandit camps if you really want to. Skip tutorials unless you wnat the ton of XP they give you. 

Jump to Post

03.09.2017 5:49pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

A true story, with timestamps:
[7:00pm] "I'll just do this quick quest for the Hunting Lodge, even though it takes me a bit out of the area I'm restricting myself to, and then get back to the main story."
[7:30pm][And then...] "Oh hey, a Tallneck--" [my daughters ask me to override it] "Sure, sure, okay, since I'm already out here..."
[8:00pm][And then...] "Well I guess I should get these points of interest cleared, and this cauldron, since I'm already out here..."
[9:00pm][And then...] "Oh man those Behemoth's are attacking that... village? I can't just ignore that, since I'm already out here..."
[9:15pm][And then...] "You say this is a prison, and the Behemoth attack was to cover a prison break? And you want me to track down the fugitives? Well, since I'm already out here..."
[10:00pm][And then...] "Well look at all these points of interest between me and the fugitives.. I can't just ignore them, since I'm already out here..."
[11:30pm][And then...] "Okay, two fugitives down, the last one looks like he ran off to try to find passage across the lake... in this... town... which is a hub of side quests..."

Jump to Post

03.19.2017 8:34am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Still playing HZD, last night, as I'm wrapping up business before the main story, I had my battle with the corrupted rock breakers, a behemoth and an ostrich (whatchamacallit) where passing by, so I figured I would override the behemoth, but, not paying attention, I stopped the override before it finished, wooh boy! all hell broke loose, these two got mad, the rock breakers, snap jaws from both sides *and* the crab guys came to check it out. Everybody got mad at me, I don't know how I survived it.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter