Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 ... 224 Next >

04.12.2017 4:45pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Atma Weapon said:

Playing with a guide would ruin it for me. You're supposed to get into the mind games and think through the likely outcomes of your responses. Playing with a guide would kill the enjoyment. That kind of optimizing is best saved for subsequent a play through.

Different strokes!  I started P4G without a guide and just wasn't having fun.  Started over with a guide and loved it!

Jump to Post

04.12.2017 7:08pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

It's weird. I detest mind games in real life, but in the game system it's kind of addicting and makes me engage with the story on a more personal level.

Jump to Post

04.13.2017 1:05pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Naturally, I'm playing Persona 5 as well. Not using a guide because I want to go in as blind as possible, and I've already made peace with the fact I'm not going to be able to 100% everything my first time through. While I do agree that having Morgana constantly stop you from doing stuff at night is annoying (I was actually surprised he let me make lockpicks the night before I finished the second palace), pretty much everything else is great. Every now and then the cover system screws me over by not putting me in a position where I can ambush a shadow and I'm basically hiding in plain sight, but when it works, it's pretty cool. I finished the second palace last night; looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

04.13.2017 7:14pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I've lost track of the number of times I've tried to shift from one cover to another and instead somersaulted in front of a shadow and then started swinging my knife at the space 90 degrees away from them.

It's only led to me getting ambushed and murdered on the first two moves of the battle... twice.

Jump to Post

04.14.2017 11:23pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I started P5 last night.
Very Persona all around, I personaly find it a bit too dripping with style, too many flashy animations o something, I can tell already that the calendar animation will get old before long. And what happend to Igor's voice?
So far, I've only gone to school for a couple of days and only hung out with Junpei/Yosuke/Ryuji so far, so I can't comment on the story yet.
Bu I have the feeling that just like with Zelda games, I have finally gotten too old for Persona games.

Jump to Post

04.15.2017 1:34pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

How do you feel too old for Zelda? I view it as an ageless gaming experience.

Jump to Post

04.15.2017 4:32pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Finished up Mass Effect Andromeda last night.  Overall I was pretty dissapointed with the game.  The combat was good, but over the game was lacking in the story and character department.  And that ending...talk about abrupt.  Also the last fight (if you want to call it that) was a major let down.

Jump to Post

04.15.2017 5:53pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Dipped my toe into Overwatch, but then a friend gave me Persona 5 so that's the next few months of my life

Jump to Post

04.15.2017 9:35pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Why do tastes change overtime? I don't think anybody has the answer to that, my sister is 58 and she still love Zelda games while me not so much any longer, clearly a matter of personal tastes.

That being said, P5 is growing on me, the change from roaming barely inhabited lands with minimal background music and quietly stalking robots to the music! color! texture! movement! of P5 was a bit jarring, but I'm getting used to it, I love Shadows gesture when he transitions from end battle info to the game, for example.

Jump to Post

04.16.2017 1:56am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Maybe you just need to take a break from it and try it again sometime in the future. Taste is weird, it's definitely not a logical thing you can easily understand.

I have recently had a taste for lager beers and I don't know where it came from. I am usually very frosty toward them.

Jump to Post

04.16.2017 4:18am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

The drastic shift in presentation between Persona 4 and 5 was a bit jarring for me when I started. I was admittedly worried at first that I wouldn't be able to adjust to it. But I'm about 30 hours in now and already contemplating how to better tackle my second playthrough.

Jump to Post

04.16.2017 5:37am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I hope Atlas decides to port it to Switch. I would buy the game again. If Dragon Quest XI can go on Switch, why not this?

Jump to Post

04.16.2017 12:22pm
 (Edited on 04.17.2017 at 10:30am)

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Atma Weapon said:

Maybe you just need to take a break from it and try it again sometime in the future. Taste is weird, it's definitely not a logical thing you can easily understand.

I have recently had a taste for lager beers and I don't know where it came from. I am usually very frosty toward them.
You mean a break from BotW? unfortunately I don't have it, neither have I a Switch, the last Nintendo console I had was the Wii, which went woefully unused, even though I had both Zeldas for it, which failed to engage me, so, this Zelda situation has been going on for a while.

As for P5... I may take a break from it, I don't know, it's so visually cluttered that it mentally tires me, the stylishly stylish style is too much and the music... God, the music I really like Meguro, I adore Nocturne's OST, but after playing The Witcher 3, The Banner Saga and Horizon Zero Dawn and enjoying their fabulous OSTs, this one isn't comparing too well...it's all just too cheesy.
Meh.
I've been having a strange hankering for trying Dark Souls again ( for a third time), I don't know what's with me and this game!

Update:
Eh, P5 is winning me over again.

Jump to Post

04.17.2017 7:19pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Ugggggggh the PVE Overwatch event UPRISING is so damn good that I'm gonna be pretty pissed when it goes away next month.

Jump to Post

04.18.2017 1:11am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

P5 is so damn good.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter