Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 ... 224 Next >

03.16.2018 11:36pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Mavilu said:

Revenant Wings is the DS one, right? I remember liking it a whole lot.

Yeah that's exactly the one.

Jump to Post

03.18.2018 4:21am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I'll have to replay it! I seem to remember a couple of battles that were rather difficult.
If the DS holds (so anciento, poor thing) I might play Radiant Historia, while I am at it. :)

Jump to Post

03.20.2018 12:05am

Testament
Shamshot

Revenant Wings has been sitting in the backlog for many years.  One of these days...

I actually had Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology pre-ordered, but cancelled it shortly before release.  Too many other games coming out.  I still might get it in the future... or just replay the original.

Primal - Finally pulled this out of the backlog.  Great production, of course, but voice-acting is disappointing.  Combat is also kinda meh.  We'll see where it goes.

Will be playing A Way Out on Friday or Saturday.

Jump to Post

03.24.2018 2:47am

LockeAndRoll
Registered Member

I'm currently bouncing around between replaying Kingdom Hearts with my kids, Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey. 

I've also got Zelda Ocarina of Time on my 3DS that I've picked back up again recently.

I love dad jokes.

Jump to Post

03.27.2018 2:57am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

After so many years of having and playing Oblivion, I finally started playing The Shivering Isles without quitting (I know, right?).
It was always too weird for me and I could never get far, especially after having to do the long trek towards the two main cities, but I stuck with it this time and now I'm having fun, it is rather... different, morbid at times, but good loot is to be had after many quests, so there's that.
I'm in the middle of the main quest, but after that, I'm off to find the skulls of the suicide ghosts (yeesh!)

Jump to Post

03.27.2018 1:12pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Currently playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE on the Wii U. It feels a lot like playing Persona 4 but with Fire Emblem characters standing in as your personas. Once you get past the eye-rollingly obsurd exposition about the premise of the game (mysterious creatures called "Mirages" are trying to rob humans of their "Performa" which is created when they express themselves through their respective art, etc. etc.), it's actually pretty fun to play. It feels like a stepping stone between Persona 4 and 5 in terms of gameplay. The cast has about the same amount of depth as the Persona 4 cast in the spinoff games, but they are enjoyable characters all the same.

It's worth checking out if you've still got a Wii U. I managed to get it at roughly half price as well.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

03.27.2018 4:13pm
 (Edited on 03.27.2018 at 6:52pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I love TMS#FE because it feels like Babies First Persona, and becuase I fully love this corny-ass schlock. I adore P4 Dancing All Night too.

Both games are basically a galon of weird Japanese cheese but they're both so earnest about what they are that I sort of can't help but to love them.

You gotta roll your eyes at Tsubasa when she says "Tsuaba Oribe, age 18, DEFINITELY NOT A MINOR WITH GIANT BOOBS" every chance she gets (okay so I added that latter part).

Jump to Post

03.30.2018 10:30pm

Lord Golbez
Registered Member

I'm playing Forum Wars, but the encounter rate is so low that the game gets pretty boring.  Mostly it's just endlessly traversing the wasteland of once active forums. Kind of uninspired retro backgrounds.  It's a nice nostalgia trip for a bit, but it just doesn't give you enough to do.

Jump to Post

04.07.2018 2:54am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I'm going to stop buying PS4 remakes, I now tried to play the Patapon remake and something is wrong, I cannot continue Fever once I got it going, I cannot achieve the song of the tree that gives you branches, and I cannot achieve the Rain Juju even the first time, and I have played the original one about three times without problems. It's like there's a delay on the button's response most of the time, or they just don't register my input? having Fever disappear everytime I finally achieve it and then have to start all over again is baffling and infuriating, and how am I even going to cross the desert if I cannot sustain Fever or even succesfully execute the Rain Juju?

So, I'm giving Echo another go, I am in an area with elevators and my echoes have learnt to ride them and so I'm running around going up and down and crossing elevator paths with them, it's more comedy than anything else at this point.

Jump to Post

04.10.2018 4:01am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I??m loving Echo, it??s so gorgeous, and I??m intrigued by the story, I love the music and the voice acting.
Granted, the echoes test my patience to the limits, sometimes I feel there??s one too many of them, forcing you to go ??ah screw it? and just try to pass the stage by simply running past them and hoping they won??t get you, but other than that, yeah, I??m loving it.

Jump to Post

04.12.2018 3:13am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Finished Outlast a couple days ago. Really enjoyed it. Haven't played a horror game in  years. I expected it to be scarier than it was and felt towards the end the story went into some tropes that we often see in horror games. I had hoped for better than that but it didn't really take away my enjoyment of the game. 

Started Xenoblade over, mainly because I wanted to play it on my Wii U, which is in a more social part of the house, and had issues transferring the save file so just said screw it. I had only made it to Gaur Plains so I have already played back to that point. Will be diving deeper into the game this weekend. 

Jump to Post

04.16.2018 7:07pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I finished Persona 5 and dragon Ball z: attack of the saiyans. Both great games Persona 5 was very good but its not the greatest thing ever as advertised.

I tried playing 5 hours of hellblade but the gameplay just isn't for me even though the atmosphere and story are excellent. I had to quit it.

Playing secret of Mana remake with my girlfriend and also finishing up Phantasy star 2.

Jump to Post

04.16.2018 7:31pm
 (Edited on 04.16.2018 at 9:08pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Spidey said:

I tried playing 5 hours of hellblade but the gameplay just isn't for me even though the atmosphere and story are excellent. I had to quit it.

Damn, 5 hours?  You were probably most of the way through.  I love that game.

Xenoblade 2 - Still loving it.  I get way too sidetracked in Xenoblade games.

FFX (PS2) - Messing around at the Monster Arena.  Never tried beating all of the Creations before.

Will be playing the Hel outta GoW this weekend.

Jump to Post

04.17.2018 5:23pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

I'm still playing NHL Slapshot's Peewee to Pro Mode. 13 seasons going strong. 

I started Advance wars 2 a while back, and I enjoy how the mission objectives change more than in the first game. It is less about take out the HQ, and there are more obstacles in the way. It can be a pain when you try to go for S rank, but it seems easier to get them this time around. I miss being an actual "character" in the story. Inclusion was fun.

WWF No Mercy. Screen Capping in Project 64 is fun...

I need to save up and buy a new console...

Jump to Post

04.18.2018 12:47am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I finished Echo, which I liked a lot, it's so beautiful, the music is so great, the story WAS so intriguing, the ending was meh.
I was about to play it again in an effort to get all the items necesary to get the full story, but I started getting annoyed at my Echoes and I gave up. Plus, who am I kidding, I only finished it because after two days of trying everything in the final stage, I got lucky.
But yeah, I'm glad I got it.

And now I'm in limbo until God of War comes out (of which I had no interest whatsoever until my favorite reviewer gave it an okay).

Spidey said:

I tried playing 5 hours of hellblade but the gameplay just isn't for me even though the atmosphere and story are excellent. I had to quit it..
That's too bad! It has a really nice ending.
I myself am waiting to get my bone conduction hearing aid so I can pair it with the PS4 and play Hellblade again, so I can hear all of the voices...in my head!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter