Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 ... 224 Next >

04.30.2018 4:59pm

Testament
Shamshot

Backtracking can be annoying as hell, but at least the map isn't like 4 times the size... and you do have Lore Time with Mimirâ?¢ to keep you company.

Jump to Post

04.30.2018 8:21pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Spoony said:

I finally, finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles.  Excellent game, but holy crap, did it take forever.  Of course, it's my own fault, since I just had to complete Colony 6 and the Collectopaedia 100%, unlock everyone's skill trees, etc.

Now I've moved onto Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii, another from the backlog.  Very well-made, but I generally prefer my games a little less face-clawingly frustrating.

Also started on South Park: The Fractured But Whole on PS4.  So far it's just more of The Stick of Truth, which isn't a bad thing.

Fractured is like an open world stick of truth with more freedom but less story focus. I liked it but prefer the original since it was a lot more fresh.

And dkcr is really fun but I remember it can be frustrating. There was this one on rails level in the fire area I remember being crazy.

Jump to Post

05.08.2018 5:07pm

Testament
Shamshot

Finished the story in GoW and I must say that all of my misgivings were erased.  Amazing game.  Now if I could just beat that last Valkyrie.

Jump to Post

05.22.2018 12:08am

kjonez
with a Z

I'm thinking about finding a used copy of Last Guardian. Has anyone played it? Opinions?  

Jump to Post

05.22.2018 12:43am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

kjonez said:

I'm thinking about finding a used copy of Last Guardian. Has anyone played it? Opinions?  

I could never get into any of Team Ico's offerings, but Last Guardian stands out as particularly underwhelming and kinda broken.

Jump to Post

05.22.2018 4:16pm
 (Edited on 05.23.2018 at 7:47pm)

Testament
Shamshot

I love The Last Guardian.

I just have one tip if you do end up playing it... don't overuse commands for Trico.  He is pretty intelligent and seems to respond best when only issued minimal commands.  Give him time to respond before reissuing commands.  Spamming is bad.  I played the game a handful of times so I was able to refine my approach.

The camera can be a bit wonky at times but nothing game breaking.  Story and soundtrack are fantastic.

EDIT - TLG is only $19.99 on PSN currently.

Jump to Post

05.23.2018 6:09pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

I actually beat FF Mystic Quest a few days ago. It wasn't as bad as people say, but that ending was crap. I liked how the main hero got so many weapons to use, and how some of them had effects on the environment outside of the battles.

NHL SLAPSHOT

I know this game is old, but I still play it regularly. I FINALLY beat the Peewee to pro mode's NHL season on the hardest difficulty. I won the Stanley Cup for Calgary with every series being 7 games. 14+ seasons, playing every game, and now I finally have it. Take that Atlanta Thrashers.

Jump to Post

05.23.2018 6:49pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Hyrule Warrios Definitive Edition when I have time. Finished God of War, loved it all the way through (even when Atreus was being a petulant shit, which hit way close to home). Taking Nier Automata slow mostly because I'm bad at it; trying to find time for Yakuza 0 but there aren't enough hours in the day.

Jump to Post

05.25.2018 10:59pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Finished secret of Mana remake and playing The alliance Alive, which I'm almost done with then finally going to play the Original Nier. can't wait!

Jump to Post

05.27.2018 10:25pm

Scribe
The Taru

Rocket League only until I get my business where I want it to be. Sucks because my backlog is growing and they are fantastic games. Still haven't played Horizon, Persona 5, Last Guardian, God of War, FFXII HD, etc.

Jump to Post

05.27.2018 11:16pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

God of War second time around, initially because I wanted to try the photo mode, but now because I realized I never ended up opening that optional realm and because Valkyries.

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 3:57pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Been playing the shit out of Super Mario Kart on the SNES mini my wife got me for my birthday. Nintendo games are just so damn fun. I forget how fun they are sometimes. 

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 5:15pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

Mavilu said:

God of War second time around, initially because I wanted to try the photo mode, but now because I realized I never ended up opening that optional realm and because Valkyries.

Photo Mode? Tell me more....

I've finally been able to try the Fantranslated Capcom PSP game LAST RANKER. It is an absolute shame it didn't come out in the US. Even with the limited translation, the game is freaking awesome. I'm really into that one. 

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 11:32pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Yeah, they patched it in shortly after it came out, it's very similar to the one in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, with goofy expressions for Kratos and the BOY.

As to the realm I missed the last time, The Ralm of Fogs, or Mists or whatever, yeah, screw that place, I got nice equipment out of there and left, might go back to fight the Valkyrie there, but the locked chests that require you to do the same rooms over and over? no thanks.

Jump to Post

05.30.2018 2:45pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Beat South Park: The Fractured But Whole.   Just have to beat that one superboss and I'm done with it.  Probably not quite as good as the first game overall, but still great.  The combat was a definite step up, and there were actually some surprisingly emotional moments in the story.  Wonder where they'll go with a third game, if they make one.  The anime/ninja style?  Imagination Land?

Also beat Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii.  A headache and a half, but pretty satisfying now that I'm through with it.  I am NOT going to attempt to collect all the KONG letters, get to the bonus world, etc.  Fuuuuuuuuck that.

Lastly, I'm nearly done with Undertale.  Late to the party on that, but nice little game.  Kinda like Earthbound, if it had Ys music.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter