Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 ... 224 Next >

04.18.2018 1:54pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

my bone conduction hearing aid so I can pair it with the PS4

Emphasis mine because the present is the future and the future is wild.

Trying to balance between Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata, and the current Overwatch event, and soon God of War which I also had no real interest in until basically every reviewer I read tripped over themselves praising it.

Just played through Tacoma in one sitting over the weekend--it's nore narrative than game, like Gone Home or Firewatch, but with a near augmented reality mechanic that I really dug. The story is great, too, which is what that kind of game lives or dies by.

Jump to Post

04.18.2018 4:48pm

Testament
Shamshot

Mavilu said:

I myself am waiting to get my bone conduction hearing aid so I can pair it with the PS4 and play Hellblade again, so I can hear all of the voices...in my head!

That's amazing!  I hope you can get it soon.

Did anybody else play A Way Out.  I enjoyed it.  Nothing groundbreaking, but definitely fun with a friend.

I have also been playing Hidden Agenda with my family.  Cool idea but pretty lackluster, storywise.

...and goddamn are the FMVs on the PS2 version of FFX still gorgeous.

Jump to Post

04.20.2018 10:50am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Right? I can pair it with anything that has bluetooth, so technically, as long as I have it on, I don't need headphones, in fact, when I researched them, I learned that companies like Apple are experimenting with the idea of making bone conduction the future of electronics, you know, as a machine/body integration thing, granted, the technology isn't perfected yet, that's the reason why I'm not getting the hearing aid installed into the skull and will only have it flush with it with the help of a sports headphones type of band, but still, sometimes it seems like the world of science fiction is here, is now... I'm so hyped!
Anyway... waiting for God of War to download, yay!

Jump to Post

04.20.2018 1:55pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yeah that is rad as hell.

Jump to Post

04.23.2018 1:49pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

So God of War rules really fucking hard.

Jump to Post

04.23.2018 9:42pm
 (Edited on 04.25.2018 at 3:53am)

Testament
Shamshot

I was unsure at first because "this is like Hellblade mixed with something else... it's like Hellblade Souls", but it's been pretty good so far.  I'll see how I feel after finishing the game.

EDIT - Axe-throwing is great.

EDIT - Maybe it's more Hellblade: Geralt's Sacrifice? The more I play, the more I think this should've just been a new IP. While it's definitely a good game, I just find myself not as immersed as I should be, probably because KRATOS... which, I admit, is my failing.

EDIT -
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I just saved a dragon... and now I have to fight one?  Great sequence, though.

EDIT - The game seems to be addressing my biggest concern.

Jump to Post

04.26.2018 12:31am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

See, to me is more of a Hellblade + The Last of Us thing.
I too think so far it could have been a new IP, but as I didn't play the third one, I cannot say I have enough of a story yet to figure if putting Kratos in this particular story was a good choice or not.
I'm definitely having fun, it was challenging enough in the medium setting, but I slashed my right thumb cooking so I had to lower the difficulty until I can play without having to be careful with the thumb, I find the lowest difficulty to be really easy.
It's been a while since I played a game where the battles are equally as meaty as the story and I really like Atreus' help, I invested heavily on his abilities and weapon and he is a beast, the little tyke.
And it's so beautiful, I can't wait until they add a photo mode (I mean, come on) the font size, though.
All in all, very happy I got it on release day.
Not sure about it being "the best game ever" though, although I suspect all that business of going crazy with the praise might be about sending a message to EA et all more than anything.

Jump to Post

04.26.2018 3:09am
 (Edited on 04.26.2018 at 3:24am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Mavilu said:

Right? I can pair it with anything that has bluetooth, so technically, as long as I have it on, I don't need headphones, in fact, when I researched them, I learned that companies like Apple are experimenting with the idea of making bone conduction the future of electronics, you know, as a machine/body integration thing, granted, the technology isn't perfected yet, that's the reason why I'm not getting the hearing aid installed into the skull and will only have it flush with it with the help of a sports headphones type of band, but still, sometimes it seems like the world of science fiction is here, is now... I'm so hyped!
Anyway... waiting for God of War to download, yay!

Wow that is truly amazing. I'm speechless!

Testament said:

Damn, 5 hours?  You were probably most of the way through.  I love that game.

Xenoblade 2 - Still loving it.  I get way too sidetracked in Xenoblade games.

FFX (PS2) - Messing around at the Monster Arena.  Never tried beating all of the Creations before.

Will be playing the Hel outta GoW this weekend.

I wasn't halfway, I just finished beating the first two bosses. I die a lot because I suck at 3D action games. So that's why I got bored because I kept dying when I was in a crowd of enemies. When games nowadays don't have a very easy mode I tend to give up fast. I dropped dark souls about 3 hours in.

I'll probably watch a lets play to get the rest of the story. I'd still strongly recommend the game to people who don't suck at action games. The only reason I bought the game is because I heard it was all about the story and atmosphere so I didn't expect to keep dying.

Jump to Post

04.26.2018 4:25pm
 (Edited on 04.26.2018 at 7:27pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Spidey said:

I wasn't halfway, I just finished beating the first two bosses. I die a lot because I suck at 3D action games. So that's why I got bored because I kept dying when I was in a crowd of enemies. When games nowadays don't have a very easy mode I tend to give up fast. I dropped dark souls about 3 hours in.

I'll probably watch a lets play to get the rest of the story. I'd still strongly recommend the game to people who don't suck at action games. The only reason I bought the game is because I heard it was all about the story and atmosphere so I didn't expect to keep dying.

I feel ya.  Being surrounded can get frustrating super quick... and there are areas later on where they pile on the enemies.

Jump to Post

04.26.2018 11:23pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Got an SNES mini today and love this thing. My only disappointment is that it doesn't include Final Fantasy II (IV) and Chrono Trigger. That seems like a huge oversight. Other than that I love being able to revisit these old classic games. I've played some of them on the Wii or Wii U, but Super Mario World, FFIII(VI), Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Kart, Mario RPG, etc. all on one system like this is awesome. Love it.

Jump to Post

04.27.2018 8:00pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I finally, finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles.  Excellent game, but holy crap, did it take forever.  Of course, it's my own fault, since I just had to complete Colony 6 and the Collectopaedia 100%, unlock everyone's skill trees, etc.

Now I've moved onto Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii, another from the backlog.  Very well-made, but I generally prefer my games a little less face-clawingly frustrating.

Also started on South Park: The Fractured But Whole on PS4.  So far it's just more of The Stick of Truth, which isn't a bad thing.

Jump to Post

04.28.2018 4:37am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I actually gave The Last of Us another playthrough, just to try to put my finger on why it's supposed to be so special. And ... my attitude toward it shifted from moderate discontent the first time around to outright disgust the second time. That game sucks. Sorry, people. The gameplay is broken, the stealth wonky, the combat simplistic yet frustrating, the story illogical in so many ways despite all the fancy setpieces, the characters paper thin. And Pittsburgh is still one of the most irritating slogs I've ever experiened in a video game. It's the Game of Thrones Season 7 of video games: A lot of spectacle that somehow garners it excessive praise despite its many fatal shortcomings.

Jump to Post

04.28.2018 1:34pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Boy, those Valkyries are kicking my tush ten ways ??till Sunday! That one that drags you by the face...harsh!
I gotta say, though, I?m not enjoying the backtracking so much as I keep forgetting what is where and what access it, and the map kinda confuses me. Other than that, still having a lot of fun.

Jump to Post

04.29.2018 1:16am

Testament
Shamshot

Rhaegar said:

I actually gave The Last of Us another playthrough, just to try to put my finger on why it's supposed to be so special. And ... my attitude toward it shifted from moderate discontent the first time around to outright disgust the second time. That game sucks. Sorry, people. The gameplay is broken, the stealth wonky, the combat simplistic yet frustrating, the story illogical in so many ways despite all the fancy setpieces, the characters paper thin. And Pittsburgh is still one of the most irritating slogs I've ever experiened in a video game. It's the Game of Thrones Season 7 of video games: A lot of spectacle that somehow garners it excessive praise despite its many fatal shortcomings.

LuL

Jump to Post

04.30.2018 12:18pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Am I missing something? Is the traveling and the map incredibly cumbersome and confusing, or it??s just me? I would have done more stuff in GoW but I got tired of landing in a beach, looking to see if the gateway is one that leads me to, say, a Valkyrie, or if I already opened it, nope, done this, get on the boat again, row to another?? beach, do it all over again, or go through the portal, walk through the corridor back and forth (fun!) and hope you got to the place that has the puzzle you didn??t opened yet... nope, this not it, back to the portal! track back and forth, land on that beach a million times to get that chest you couldn??t get before (but is it this beach, though?) I hear no one complaining about this, so there must be something wrong with me and I lost my ability to properly navigate video game maps or something.
I finished the game, tried to get to a Valkyrie in some lake off the Lake of the Nines (behind the witch??s cave, I guess?) couldn??t find a way through with or without portals, gave up.

So yeah, I finished it, did I have fun? I sure did, was it well made, finished, a product worth it??s price? it sure was! Was it over-praised and over-hyped? youuu bet. I mean, Kratos matured, the kid is cute, Mimir is entertaining, the dwarves are fun, but the story is lacking, it has been done before, and most of it is about getting there aaand nope! something went wrong! we must fix it. Sure, there??s plenty of Mythology, some accurate some not so much, but
where are the big guys? Where??s Odin? Odin this, Odin that, Odin blahblahblah... no Odin.

I fell it was a set up for sequels or DLC, even though they said no DLC.
And where??s everybody? The place is empty
no dwarves other than Brok and Sindri, no giants, no elves of any kind, except for the flying ones, other than Freya and Baldur and the other two, no Aesir or Vaenir, no one
boring, boring, boring.
So, in short 7 out of 10 due to fun battles, great to look at environments and 0 bugs, and I??m being a bit generous here.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter