Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Game pet peeves.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

11.24.2011 6:47am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Some PSP games do. :/

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 9:03am

Kal
yes

I don't get why they still haven't implemented a system in which achievements actually have a point, like unlock 30 achievements, get free DLC. Beat this boss, get 20 points to spend on DLC store... etc.
Basically now, if you want to experience a full game you gotta dish out 60 or 70â?¬ + sometimes 10 or 15â?¬ in DLC. It's ridiculous.
Also, it would give a point to achievements and challenge other than just being an e-penis measurement contest.

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 9:19am

OrionHardy
Otherworld

^ Only problem with that would be it would give more incentive to people who cheat to rise their gamerscore, or make more people targets for hackers.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 1:59pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Yeah, I haves issues with DLC content if it doesn't do anything to add to the game.  Which is, sadly, most of them.

Which is probably a shame since certain games can be made to use DLC well, like fighting games, so that they can add new characters to the mix.

But one of my bigger pet peeves is this online pass crap.  Look, okay, I get that you want to fight "used games" and want to force people to buy a pass to recoup the "losses".  I won't give you too much flak for cutting out the multiplayer...

But, what the hell kind of nerve do you have when you cut actual content from the main game itself that happens to have vital parts to the story?  Yes, I am calling out Batman here, but if we allow this to happen, then what's to stop them from charging you even if you buy the game new?

The whole online pass thing is stupid and needs to stop.  You cannot stop the used sales market.  Hell, I sell games that I don't play anymore.

Jump to Post

11.26.2011 8:59am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Here's one - those stupid little grunts, moans, and gasps put in voice-acted JRPGs to cover mouth movements that don't line up from Japanese to English.  This video right here shows what I'm talking about - Zack sounds like a thirteen-year-old girl who's just discovered masturbation.

Jump to Post

11.26.2011 2:15pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I'm failry sure that the Japanese versions have those grunts, moans, and gasps too.  Go watch Advent Children in it's native tongue and you'll see.  But yes, I hate that shit as well.  Stop making stupid sounds!

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.26.2011 9:37pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I haven't read the entire thread, but I hate when console games try to force you to pay extra to unlock additional content. That is just pure bullshit.

Jump to Post

11.27.2011 7:50am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Another one I was reminded of today: when I'm playing a mini-game (or whatever) with a time limit, and I realize there's no way I can finish on time, but there's no option to quit.  So I either have to restart the game and go back to whenever my last save point was or sit there and wait for the time to run out.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

11.28.2011 5:46pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'm proud to say I've never once purchased DLC for a single game in my life. If you guys hate DLC, please try to join the cause and don't ever buy it, no matter how good it is, there are so many games out there you can just play a new one instead of paying for the DLC.

Jump to Post

11.28.2011 6:18pm
Thread Creator

Sturm
Registered Member

It's annoying when a character that ends up in your party later on in the game, but you encounter them before they join and they use abilities that they don't actually end up having when you get to control them.

Jump to Post

11.29.2011 12:04am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

The worst offender is having 2000 HP in your party,  but somehow a few dungeons later when they turn on you they have 3 million five hundred thousand HP.

Jump to Post

11.29.2011 2:45pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Speaking of DLC content.  As I mentioned before, as long as it adds substance to the game, I'm actually fine with DLC and paying for it, since, in most cases, it's made after the fact.  I mostly look at Dragon's Age and Mass Effect for this part.

Other times... no so much.

Hey, want to dress up your Final Fantasy character as Ezio?  Well, now you can, in Final Fantasy XIII-2!

I'm trying to decide which is more of an affront to humanity.  The fact that Ezio is being whored around, or the fact that his costume is being used for what appears to be a typical pretty boy who can not be as badass as Ezio.

Jump to Post

11.29.2011 3:43pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Onyx said:

Some PSP games do. :/

Well that's because it's Sony.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter