Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

The Last of Us is getting some great reviews

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

06.05.2013 7:42pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I'm not reading more than the scores, but from what I can see it is getting VERY positive feedback. IGN gave out a 10, which I'm not sure has been done since GTA4 and MGS4. They said it is the best game to own on the ps3. I already was going to get this on day one, now I'm excited as ever!

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 7:44pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Average score is somewhere around 97 on MC and GR.

I'm not a full price new game person, but I might be with this one.

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 8:00pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I am
1) so pumped!
2) so annoyed that reviews are out over a week before release!
3) so glad I pre-payed for this back when I got my tax return!
4) SO PUMPED!

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 8:40pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Initially I dismissed it since it looked like Uncharted with Zombies. Apparently that is not the case at all.

So yeah I think I can see myself getting this.

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 8:46pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I don't trust games that get glowing reviews at this level. They tend to disappoint. MGSIV was a minor disappointment, GTAIV was a massive disappointment. I'm waiting to hear first hand accounts of the game. I don't trust game reviewers' high scores. Their criteria rarely match mine.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 9:43pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Darth Howie said:

I don't trust games that get glowing reviews at this level. They tend to disappoint. MGSIV was a minor disappointment, GTAIV was a massive disappointment. I'm waiting to hear first hand accounts of the game. I don't trust game reviewers' high scores. Their criteria rarely match mine.

Since those are disappointments I am curious what games you would rate 10/10. Both GTA 4 and MGS4 were incredible!

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 9:51pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Howie, I know two guys who got the game early (through legit means) and say that it's absolutely incredible. For once, I think this isn't just paid for, overblown reviews.

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 10:13pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

thelastofus.gif

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 10:22pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Darth Howie said:

This. I feel the reviews are partially a nod and wink to Naughty Dog as this is their last game of this generation.

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 10:47pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Scribe said:

Since those are disappointments I am curious what games you would rate 10/10. Both GTA 4 and MGS4 were incredible!

Off the top of my head? Super Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Fallout: New Vegas (post-patch), Fire Emblem Awakening, Xenoblade, Walking Dead, Persona 4...

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 11:17pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

reido said:

I am
1) so pumped!
2) so annoyed that reviews are out over a week before release!
3) so glad I pre-payed for this back when I got my tax return!
4) SO PUMPED!
And I have to wait extra days for Amazon's free shipping because Gamestop doesn't do in-store pickup for collector's edition. :(

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 11:28pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It's coming out on the same day my kids get back from vacation with their mom, and I get them for the weekend, so I'll have to wait a couple days too since my PS3 is in the the room they sleep in (and I can't very well play it while they're awake).

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 2:05am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Darth Howie said:

It Begins

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 2:08am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Oh check /v/ on 4chan. Its already getting more hate than Bioshock Infaint which was ripped to pieces by /v/.

Jump to Post

06.06.2013 2:09am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Well the good thing is 4chan is full of people drinkin dat haterade so I think I'm good here.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter