Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Why isn't there an Injustice thread?

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

10.11.2012 12:03am
Thread Creator

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Lets go ahead and fix that with some GREEN ARROW, BITCHES.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

10.11.2012 3:33am

Amer
pew pew pew

I'm ready. I can't wait for it. It will be fun to screw around with it with friends. 

Jump to Post

10.11.2012 8:45am

Vyers
Dark Adonis

As much as I love fighting games, I couldn't stand MK9.

I think it probably represented the best value for money of any fighting game as a package, and also had by far the most high production story mode I've ever seen in a fighting game BUT I can't stand the engine.

Injustice looks and moves like MK9. I'm glad to hear there's no block button, but I still doubt I'm gonna pick it up.

Jump to Post

10.11.2012 4:12pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

This game looks great. Can't wait to play it.

Also hope with Green Arrow as a character, that Black Canary is in, too.

Jump to Post

11.22.2012 9:17pm
Thread Creator

judge_raz

They should have John Constantine in the game. He convinces other people to fight for him.

Jump to Post

01.26.2013 10:59pm
Thread Creator

judge_raz

Good news: Bane and Lex have been announced.

Bad news: for some ungodly reason, they gave Bane his design from Batman and Robin.

Jump to Post

01.26.2013 11:37pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Articles have mentioned Captain Marvel and Raven as well, the latter of whom would probably make this game a must buy for me.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 12:51am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I really wish Bane didn't have the venom. I really don't know why everyone besides Chris Nolan insists on using that when he hasn't used it in the comics in ages.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 1:04am
Thread Creator

judge_raz

Well...until the reboot. And now he's a hardcore junky again, which is really disappointing because the character had moved so far beyond that prior to the reboot.

Captain Marvel and Black Adam are both safe bets, since Ed Boon has said that he's a huge fan of the Captain Marvel characters. There have also been mentions that alternate costumes for Nightwing will be included which will serve as the inclusion of Robin. He's also been quoted as saying that Damian Wayne will feature in the story, which makes me all sorts of happy.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 2:46am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

God fuck the New 52.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 3:07am
Thread Creator

judge_raz

I like the New 52, but it's definitely not without its...rough spots. Nearly all of which come from editorial, of course.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 7:52am

JSG
Registered Member

I heard people saying Animal Man was going to be in this game, which made me really really excited for it.

But I can't find anything official saying Animal Man will be in this game, which makes me not all that excited for it.

Aside from Batman and Nightwing, I'm really not all that hype for the confirmed playable cast so far.  It looks like it could be pretty fun, though.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 7:29pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

ANimal Man was neve routright confirmed, just Boon tweeted a picture of some comics he was read which iirc featured Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Batwing (or was it Black Adam? I don't remember), so everyone automatically assumed it meant they were in the game.

Jump to Post

01.30.2013 9:25pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

So, IGN posted a big thing about the game today, you can read it here, as did Shacknews, which is here - Be warned, they have tons of story spoilers, as well as a really, really awesome trailer for the story mode.

They talk a lot about it, but the key points are as follows:

• Online Training Mode is in, a feature more games should have
  • The games actualy has two control schemes - tradtional MK style, and an optional Street Figher control style that utilises quarter circle movements and the like.
  • Map hazards are meant to give a tactical depth that extends as far as what stage you pick, but much to the relief of many, map hazards can be turned off in versus play.
  • Working on better online infrastructure than MK had
  • Hawkwoman can be spotted in the story trailer, so she obviously figures into the game in some way. No word on if she's playable or not.

And then there's the story, which sounds awesome and appears to feature The Joker and
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Superman
as it's main antagonists. The short synopsis that was posted is as follows:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
The story of Injustice will be told achronologically, jumping between the future and the past. In the game??s intro cinematic, you??ll see a distraught Joker at the mercy of Superman. The clown revels in his success, killing not only Lois Lane, but Superman??s unborn son. Batman attempts to calm the superhero, but it fails??Superman kills the Joker by punching through his chest.

After that introduction, the story jumps to before Joker could detonate the bomb. Batman is the focus of the game??s first chapter, which has him starting his investigation of Joker??s escape. After a fight with Deathstroke, the story continues into space, where Batman must fight Lex Luthor. Taking a page fromMortal Kombat, once Batman??s chapter ends, the story will go on to another character, revealing more on why these characters are duking it out.

It??s not surprising that Superman has gone evil. What is more surprising, however, is the characters that appear to have turned ??good? in an effort to take down Superman and his Superfriends?? totalitarian regime. While ultimately, the story of Injustice merely serves as an excuse to have these heroes brawl, this unique twist on the DC Universe should entice any comic book fan.

It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun to explore and play the story mode, and shit, it already sounds like a better story than anything I've read in the comics in the last year and a half. Bring it on.

Jump to Post

01.30.2013 10:42pm
Thread Creator

judge_raz

NetherRealm is quickly becoming one of my favorite third party's.

I'm so tempted to get the collector's edition, which would be one of the first big collector's editions I've ever purchased. The others have just come with soundtracks or special boxes like Lords of Shadow and Dark Souls. But never a statue!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter