Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Zelda: Skyward Sword

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 12 Next >

10.28.2011 6:47am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

A new trailer was just shown, showing

Spoilers below in black

https://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-origins-zelda-skyward/723206

The Sword transforming into the Master Sword as well as Sheikah protecting zelda.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

10.28.2011 9:19pm
 (Edited on 10.28.2011 at 9:28pm)

Crisium
N/A

Eh, trailers for this game never really did it for me.  Gameplay videos, however, show this to be one of the best Zelda games ever.  Too bad I don't have a Wii.

Though I am firmly committed to finding someone who does and creepily watching them play it.

Btw, I am entrenched in the camp that views Zelda as an Action Adventure - not an RPG.  ¡Wrong forum!

Jump to Post

10.28.2011 10:18pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I orginally posted it in normal gaming. It was moved.

Jump to Post

10.28.2011 11:46pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Zelda was always under general gaming at FFO. Meh.

I've been excited about this for a couple of months, and this trailer did nothing to change that.

Jump to Post

10.28.2011 11:54pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

I also think this belongs in general gaming.

Anyway, I'm on complete media blackout regarding this game so I'm not watching any trailers or reading any impressions. I want to experience everything myself.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 1:26am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Moved back to General Gaming. Last I checked, the only Zelda RPG was Zelda 2.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 1:32am

Testament
Shamshot

^...and we all know how that turned out.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 2:24am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, it was pretty fucking awesome and one of my favorite games in the series by a healthy margin. :)

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 2:56am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Yeah, Zelda II was awesome. I replay it about once a year or so.

I'm also ignoring the Skyward Sword media as much as I am able. I'm not that hyped for it and only reserved it on Amazon for the gold Wiimote and soundtrack CD, but I do want to experience everything first hand when I do get around to playing it.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 3:11am
 (Edited on 10.29.2011 at 5:55am)

Testament
Shamshot

Wow, I don't even think I'd be more surprised if you said Xenosaga II was your favorite Xeno game.

I definitely understand how somebody could like the game for what it is...but as far as a great "Zelda" game... I just don't see it. No disrespect intended.

I'm coming from the POV that if Zelda games had continued in that style, I probably wouldn't have played many more Zelda games.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 6:12am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Outside of the weird power glitch, it's a really well made game. I swear the only reason it's not remembered more fondly by the legions of Zelda fans is because it's *gasp* different from every other game in the series. I've gotten to the point where I'm completely bored with the series since the basic formula has remained relatively unchanged since LTTP (with exceptions of Majora's Mask and to a lesser extent, Link's Awakening).  It's also a big part of why I just don't care about Skyward Sword: unless they actually change things up I'm expecting it to be the same, stale shit I got tired of years ago.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 6:27am
 (Edited on 10.29.2011 at 7:11am)

Testament
Shamshot

Fair enough.

I had played the game when it was released and I suppose I didn't really get into it at first because I actually wanted more of the first game. After playing it more, mostly because, unlike now, I didn't have a stoopid amount of games, I liked it well enough to play through, but I've never considered it a great Zelda entry. It's fascinating that you think otherwise.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 7:59am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Not an rpg you say?

https://kotaku.com/5847475/my-goodness-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-deserves-to-be-called-an-rpg

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 8:25am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Dr Squirrel said:

Not an rpg you say?

https://kotaku.com/5847475/my-goodness-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-deserves-to-be-called-an-rpg
That piqued my interest far more than the trailer ever could.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 5:05pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Thanks for the Link, Der Squirrel.

IMO, that androgynous caped villain has Ganon's puppet character a la Aghanim or Zant written allover him in big flaming neon letters.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter