Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Zelda: Skyward Sword

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Next >

11.13.2011 9:02pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Earlier today I came across a neat Easter egg in Ocarina of Time 3D. There is a place in the Gerudo fortress where you can roll into a couple of wooden crates and reveal a Skyward Sword ad poster. That made me smile.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 6:10pm

Sturm
Registered Member

Just finished dungeon three, overall good times but 10s and perfect scores and what not seems a bit over kill.

So how I had said that the enemies that can block your swing that I would just swing like a crazy person until I get a hit. well I don't have to do that anymore now that I have a firmer grasp on the swinging.

Complaint about controls part 2:

Stabbing with your sword can be a pain in the ass. I can't do it at all from my normal sitting position and it's hit or miss other wise.

Flying the beetle is also a bitch and to a lesser extent so is flying your bird, just because you have motion controls doesn't mean everything has to be done with it. 

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 6:20pm

one.gun
Cornbread, interrupted.

Sturm said:

Sigh, I soft modded my Wii ages ago and in trying to get the proper cIOS on my Wii to run Zelda, I've somehow fucked up the whole thing.

Shit, I need to update this mess? Mine's modded too, but I haven't purchased a Wii game in years (literally) and I don't honestly see myself going through the hassle. My roommate's Wii is modded, too. One of us will have to bite the bullet.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 7:21pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Yeah, hacked Wiis really have to be up to date to run Zelda.  I had to update my usb loader along with several ios stubs.  Also, because it's a motion plus game the "ios reload" has to be blocked; don't asky why because I don't know but everything works on my end.  I still won't play for another week probably though.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 9:26pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Why are we openly discussing software piracy?

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 9:39pm

Sturm
Registered Member

Have you looked at the Xenoblades thread? In the old forums people directly linked to how to soft mod your Wii in regards to Xenoblades and openly stated they planned on pirating this game because they were upset at NoA.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 10:01pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Atma Weapon said:

Why are we openly discussing software piracy?
Because Nintendo of America deserves it.

Jump to Post

11.14.2011 10:56pm

Crisium
N/A

And this is a password protected forum with a few dozen members anyway.

Jump to Post

11.15.2011 3:31am

Old Juan
filled with hate

I've been almost nothing but perfect scores for this game.

I don't own a Wii so I'm pretty much SOL when it comes to this game.

Jump to Post

11.15.2011 3:31am

Crono

And we did it at FFO.  General agreement the past couple years seems to have been as long as we aren't linking illegal material or saying where to find said material than everything is cool.  And yes, after Xenoblade, Nintendo deserves it.

Jump to Post

11.15.2011 6:25am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'm still playing Xenoblade. By the time I'm done with it Skyward Sword shold be an easy fix. Just gotta borrow my friend's Wii Motion plus.

I don't really trust the gaming media's reviews when it comes to Zelda tho. They gave spirit tracks some really good scores. IGN gave spirit tracks a 9.3, but I'd easily call it the worst Zelda game I've ever played outside of the CDI Games. Didn't we just have a thread about how reviews can't be trusted and every single person agreed, now we're suddenly excited about SS getting good reviews? You're just setting yourselves up for dissapointment.

Jump to Post

11.15.2011 8:23am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I thought Phantom Hourglass was way worse than Spirit Tracks. ST at least and some interesting puzzles and boss fights. Take away the cheesy train ride sequences and you have yourself a much better game.

Jump to Post

11.15.2011 2:38pm

Crono

I trust gametrailers review itself over the score they gave.  I feel like Nintendo payed them off though because usually when gametrailers has more than 1 bad thing to say about a game it's not going >8.5 but even though every positive thing about SS seemed to come with a negative as well it still got >9.  It may be a 9.0 game but I'll trust the actual review over the score; granted it was lots of small things (graphics, save points, old formula, etc) but it was LOTS of small things.  Then they gave Super Mario 3D Land practically the same score but didn't seem to have a single negative thing to say about that.

TLDR: Yeah, scores are dumb: trust the review material.

Jump to Post

11.15.2011 2:45pm

Sturm
Registered Member

I'm finding the motion control to be more and more annoying for non combat needs. Is controlling the direction in which you swim really something that is better with motion control?

Jump to Post

11.15.2011 9:45pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Old Juan said:

I've been almost nothing but perfect scores for this game.

I don't own a Wii so I'm pretty much SOL when it comes to this game.

I don't know how it would work, but I couldn't be arsed to mod my wii for Xenoblade. Instead I found an emulator for the Wii for my PC. You have to have a bluetooth connection for it to sense the Wiimote, and I didn't hook up the sensor bar because I was using the classic controller for Xenoblade, so I'm not sure how that works. It seemed to run fine, but I only ever put about 10 minutes into it and it looked a hell of a lot sharper than Wii graphics on an HDTV. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter