Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Zelda: Skyward Sword

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Next >

10.29.2011 5:28pm

Crisium
N/A

A more advanced inventory system does not make an RPG.

But it should make finding items more compelling.  Pretty much all Zelda games recently involves slashing a few bushes and getting every item you will ever need.  If you now are choosing certain items to carry, then that's a big plus.

Jump to Post

10.29.2011 5:36pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Mmmm, I could use some more Aghanim in my life.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.30.2011 4:44pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I already pre-ordered and paid for it. Is it too late to upgrade to the awesomely geektastic collector's edition with the gold Wiimote?

Jump to Post

11.04.2011 11:55pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

The critic scores are starting to come in. Huge, astronomical numbers, even for a Zelda title. The hype is getting so high that I'm starting to worry that the game can't live up to it.

Jump to Post

11.05.2011 2:32pm

Crono

My very sexy black Wii motion plus remote came in yesterday. I'm sooo ready, even though I probably won't start the game right when it comes out because I want to clear my plate of some of my overflow games first so I know I'll focus.

Jump to Post

11.05.2011 8:28pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I've been lurking around some gaming forums to see what people are saying about this game. It's pretty sad that some people are dismissing this game just because of the lack of HD graphics. Very short sighted. Today's eye candy games will be tomorrow's "game that didn't age well".

XBox FPS games release a sequel every year that reuses the same tired gameplay and slightly amps up the visuals.

Meanwhile, Nintendo is sitting on the most valuable franchise in the industry and waits five years between console game releases. That is the sign of a development team that gives a shit about quality.

I love the art style in this game, because it's true to the legacy of Zelda while also working to neutralize the limited Wii hardware. It looks beautiful and 100 percent Zelda.

If a game is getting a chorus of perfect scores on this hardware in 2011, Im expecting a triumph on the level of Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. I can't say I had that kind of expectations for Twilight Princess

Disclaimer: self-admitted fanboy.

Jump to Post

11.11.2011 4:27pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Skyward Sword's been getting perfect 10's and best game ever hyperbole from pretty much every site/publication. Except 1up, who looks to repeat 8.8 as they "dared" to give the game a B+.

Call the angry Nintendo nerds!

Jump to Post

11.11.2011 6:13pm
 (Edited on 11.11.2011 at 6:31pm)

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I actually expected a much more polarized reaction than we have seen, due to the motion control, lack of HD and voice acting, etc. No game has had truly universal acclaim, because it is subjective. 1Up notwithstanding, it is still shaping up to be one of the best reviewed games in recent memory. If you care about composite scores, I don't, it is not likely to dethrone OoT for best ever, but has a great shot to make the top 10. Pretty impressive considering the much maligned hardware it runs on.

Jump to Post

11.11.2011 9:08pm

Crono

For all my fellow piraters/NoA haters: the NTSC version has been leaked.  You know where to go.  Enjoy!

Jump to Post

11.11.2011 9:23pm

Sturm
Registered Member

Sigh, I soft modded my Wii ages ago and in trying to get the proper cIOS on my Wii to run Zelda, I've somehow fucked up the whole thing.

Jump to Post

11.12.2011 1:32am

Testament
Shamshot

Dude, that sucks. Are you running 4.3?

Jump to Post

11.12.2011 2:14am

Crono

Did you do a backup at any point?  I don't remember the process because it's been so long but from what I remember it's usually not hard to resurect a wii.

Jump to Post

11.12.2011 2:24am
 (Edited on 11.12.2011 at 10:24pm)

Sturm
Registered Member

Alright, spent some time and got it to work. Currently, doing the first dungeon.

So the controls, combat is such an enjoyable experience because position and swinging of the remote mirrors the way that Link swings the sword. There's a certain kind of satisfaction from seeing your moves reflected precisely by the character.

But auto jump can eat a dick. Stupid auto jump makes for such imprecise  platforming. There's a small jump in the very beginning of the game, one of the first things you do, that I continue to miss over and over and over. It's really frustrating and irritating.

The other thing that can be a pain, is that when you come across a puzzle that you can't solve it becomes doubly annoying. It becomes a question of is this not the right solution or is the game not picking up on my movements precisely enough? That's not just a Wii problem though, I feel that way with Kinect also. 

And graphics wise, blah. Sure the color and art seems nice. But it's dull and blurry, really takes away from the game at times. I'm not noticing it so much anymore but when I first started playing it was pretty noticable.

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 8:34pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

People have said you need timing and patience to find and exploit enemies' weaknesses. Aka no wagglung the remote. Have you seen that, Sturm?

Jump to Post

11.13.2011 8:52pm

Sturm
Registered Member

To a certain extent, the first boss you're supposed to do that and you definitely have to. In the second dungeon, there is a lizard that blocks your attacks, it's difficult to tell where they're blocking. So generally, I just go crazy swinging and it seems to be effective.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter