Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Zelda: Skyward Sword

< Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Next >

12.24.2011 9:44pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Finished it this morning... now THAT's how you do a Zelda final boss.  What's funny is the first phase I did completely wrong but still won; apparently you're supposed to play a game of tennis alla Ocarina but I just beat away on him and it never came to that, heh.  Great game overall and it wasn't nearly as much backtracking or repeating bosses as I had heard.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

12.25.2011 8:23am

Crisium
N/A

Got a friend to lend me a Wiimote and Wii Motion Plus, so I've got this running in HD on my emulator.  Looks very nice in high resolution. 

Only 7 hours in so far, but liking it.  It's more cinematic than other Zeldas which is a big plus.  Compared to most games in the series, I actually care about some of the characters.  It certainly can't touch the atmosphere of Majora's Mask (nothing can) but it feels like the most alive Zelda world since then.

Jump to Post

12.25.2011 6:45pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Apparently there is a Zelda timeline.  Hopefully this will shut up the asinine Internet debates.

https://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215301p1.html

The 3 timeline concept has occurred to me but I never cared enough to try and piece it together.

A more interesting topic for conversation is where this leaves us for future installments in the franchise.  The "Imprisoning War" that leads up to LttP is begging to be made into an epic console game.  I want to know how the Sages would manage to lock Ganon in the Dark World after OoT's Link failed.  One would think there is another Hero involved, presumably LttP Link's previous incarnation.

A new story at the end of Timeline 1 would also be cool.  How long does it take for Ganon/Demise to get revived and how is stopped this time?  You could feature the original Link if you wanted to, or do it in the more distant future?

Jump to Post

12.25.2011 9:06pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Saw this the other day; I'm surprised that they did a timeline where Link FAILS.  I bet you 50 bucks its because they wanted something different then all the split timelines out there.

Jump to Post

12.25.2011 10:23pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Possibly, but it works a lot better than trying to fit LttP into one of the two split timelines.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 6:31pm
 (Edited on 01.02.2012 at 7:06pm)

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Game is fantastic. People who complain that the games are too similar should stay the fuck away from my Zelda. :p

Mindfuck: Ballad of the Goddess (Skyward Sword main theme) is Zelda's Lullaby backwards.  (I might be LTTP with this but I didn't see it mentioned.) Koji's is a genius.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 6:37pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Why are people trying to fit it all in one timeline? Sounds like bad fanfiction.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 7:01pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

It sure doesn't fit perfectly, but overall I am satisfied with the timeline they released. I'm of the mind that the games do not need to be connected because the stories in Zelda games are minimalistic and usually superfluous, whereas gameplay and fun take center stage in the gaming experience.

But looking at the timeline they gave us fits together really well at a high level, so I'm fine with it.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 10:46pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Zubis said:

Why are people trying to fit it all in one timeline? Sounds like bad fanfiction.

Because people have been bitching for years about how all the games go together storyline wise. I've never understood it myself. I've always taken each game as it's own thing but it looks like Nintendo finally gave into the the pressure of establishing something of a genuine continuity amongst the games.

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 4:16pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I've played a little of this - about to go into the first dungeon.  I don't know, maybe I'm just not "getting" it, but the controls don't seem to work for me.  I swing my sword one way and that's not the way it swings.  Like those plants (dekus?) where their mouth is open one way or the other?  Half the time my hit doesn't register because it doesn't swing the way it should.

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 6:06pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

You will get the hang of it soon. Keep in mind that sword swings and the other motion controls reference the calibrated center point, not the sensor bar. So be sure to recenter by pressing the down button.

Jump to Post

01.04.2012 1:56am

Scribe
The Taru

Just finished. It ain't no Wind Waker... but it was a decent game.

Jump to Post

01.04.2012 11:36pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

The Beetle might be by favorite Zelda item of all time.
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Especially after the upgrades.

Jump to Post

01.04.2012 11:42pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

It sounds really banal, but I love the bug net.  Catching bugs with 1-1 motion control is inexplicably addictive.

Jump to Post

01.05.2012 6:15am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Zelda timeline arguments lead to unofficial version 2.0. Hilarity ensues.
https://kotaku.com/5872554/the-zelda-timeline-has-now-been-fixed

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter