Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Zelda: Skyward Sword

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next >

01.05.2012 6:39am
 (Edited on 01.07.2012 at 1:01am)

Som
Genitals are Funny

I'm not a very big Zelda fan, but i thought this might be something you all want to see. Apparently there's a language in the game and it's been translated. here's a link to the person who cracked it, and a download of the font she made.

https://sarinilli.deviantart.com/art/Skyward-Sword-Ancient-Hylian-Font-277220924

Jump to Post

01.06.2012 5:48pm

Lews
Lord of the Morning

Hylian font?

Fukken installed

Jump to Post

01.16.2012 11:55pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Man, I just went through the
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Boss Rush
for the
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Hylian Shield
twice. The first time I idiotically pressed continue after the 8th battle and literally couldn't believe that had just done that. (I was close to dying on the final battle too and was so happy when I made it.) Instead of dwellng on it however I immediately restarted again and fortunately breezed through the battles this time since I had them fresh in mind, and THIS time made sure to stop after battle 8 to claim my reward. Phew.

Jump to Post

01.17.2012 1:41pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I plan on getting that on my hero mode game, Joker. I can imagine the final boss is much easier with it. I accidentally restarted in hard mode before going after all of the extras.

Jump to Post

01.17.2012 2:55pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Yeah, when I beat the game I didn't save because I wanted a backup of my original file.  They need the option to NOT overwrite your first file... again with the save issues Nintendo.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 12:04am
 (Edited on 01.31.2012 at 12:10am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Does anyone know if 3rd party wii motion plusses are any good? They are so much cheaper and I only need it to last me the length of skyward sword, it can fail after that and I don't mind. 9.00 includes shipping brand new. Plus I don't really feel like supporting controller add ons by principle so I want to buy off a third party.

Jump to Post

02.17.2012 7:12am
 (Edited on 02.17.2012 at 7:19am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Are the Loftwing controlls supposed to be this annoying to use? I can't stand it.  Makes sailing look super fun and engaging. So far great game but I really don't like motion controls and so far there's nothign this game can do that I wouldn't be able to do with an Xbox 360 controller, with a different motion swipe being mapped to each button.  The sword controls are acceptable, they don't bother me, but don't add anything fun either. They are just acceptable.  I'm loving the style, art direction and gameplay so far though!

Edit: HAHAH HOMEBREW FTW:  there are codes so i can just teleport the loftwing to any location I want to go to. Okay, this game is now super fun again

Jump to Post

02.17.2012 3:58pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Nice!  That wasn't out when I played it (albeit I didn't check the last week or two) but I got used to the loftwing.  It was stupid at first but tollerable. 

Jump to Post

02.17.2012 4:49pm

Sturm
Registered Member

Spidey said:

Edit: HAHAH HOMEBREW FTW:  there are codes so i can just teleport the loftwing to any location I want to go to. Okay, this game is now super fun again

I'd at least try to get a good handle on the loftwing controls, there is a super annoying mini game that requires you to be decently skilled in the flying.

Jump to Post

02.17.2012 5:29pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

The sword controls are acceptable, they don't bother me, but don't add anything fun either. They are just acceptable
There are some motion controls that I felt this way about (flying, swimming, rope-swinging), but I really liked the sword controls. Emulating all different angles and directions is pretty much impossible on a regular controller (unless you used an analog stick to control the position of Link's hand or something, which seems really awkward).

Falling controls are nice as well.

Jump to Post

02.17.2012 11:09pm
 (Edited on 02.20.2012 at 5:42pm)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Ah thanks for the heads up! Though there's also modifiers that doubles your speed and lets you use infinite boosts. I'm just gonna cheat my way through the loftwing as much as possible. I'm too old and don't have enough time to be doing stuff that isn't fun when I'm supposed to be playing a video game for fun. I did practice it enough to get capable control, so it should be enough with the modifiers.

Joker, all you'd have to do is have button combinations. On xbox 360 controller for example, A+ X = down left, A+B = equal down right, X + Y + Up left, just A is down, and Y is up.  It's intuitive and easy to remember too.  I'd much prefer that.

This is the first time I've played a new zelda game and stopped within 1 hour. (one exception is Spirit Tracks)  Usually I get hooked in. It's not looking good, especially coming off Xenoblade and Bastion.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 2:11pm
 (Edited on 02.18.2012 at 4:12pm)

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

And what about stabs and spin attacks? =P I'm not sure how you'd reliably press X+Y whenever you want without touching any other button or excessively repositioning your grip. Since you want the swings with as little delay as possible you'd also have to make sure they get pressed *simultaneously*. Not having direct control of the position of Link's hand also removes the spectrum of swings in between the directly vertical, diagonal or horizontal as well as the strategic elements of positioning your sword to control the focus of the enemy (e.g. hold it high and then strike low) and putting together fluid combinations (you can't strike low if your sword is already held low, so a downward strike is best followed by an upward one).

Now whether these extra dimensions to the swordplay actually add value or not is of course wholly subjective, but you couldn't keep them if you replaced the M+ with buttons.

Jump to Post

02.20.2012 5:41pm
 (Edited on 02.20.2012 at 5:47pm)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I guess I'd best reserve judgement on the sword controls until I finish the game, because admitably the quicker reaction speeds are needed for some of the more tougher enemies and bosses.

Anyway I'm more used to the controls and enjoying the game a ton more now. I didn't realize you have to flap like you're fapping like crazy for the Loftwing. I can control it a lot better now. The controls themselves are fine but they need a better tutorial on that loftwing thing. I was trying to lower and raise my wiimote REALLLY slowly.

Also MAN is it a relief that day and night don't change automatically. SO glad they got rid of that.

Jump to Post

02.20.2012 6:35pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah, I didn't get you were supposed to flap either. I think they really messed up that tutorial. 

Jump to Post

02.20.2012 11:26pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

The Loftwing rides were the only motion control I found to be superfluous. Thankfully most rides last less than a minute so it doesn't hurt the game.

Totally disagree with you on swordplay, Spidey. Traditional controls just cannot match the level of immersion I felt with the Wii MotionPlus for weilding the sword and shield. I can sort of understand traditional gamers' aversion to it, and I was also a bit skeptical.

But after 5 minutes with the sword tutorial in Skyloft, I was like, "Okay Nintendo, I get this. I totally get this. Game. Fucking. On."

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter