Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Diablo 3

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next >

What class?

Show Poll Results

08.22.2012 5:55pm

Kal
yes

Well 1.0.4 BSODed my sorry ass. That's something I hadn't seen in a while o_o

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 10:38pm

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Reverick-1168/

People like set pieces even if they're shit, somehow managed to clear over a mil in auctions last night. All good feelings of such are syphoned away at the realization that will buy me one piece of gear. Two if I'm lucky.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 3:19pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Revrick said:

Was on an off with it all day. Gained 3 paragon levels, I don't get how they thought putting 100 of them in was a good idea. It feels like a "here, do this while we unfuck ourselves" sort of move. Inferno is nerfed to shit. Or balanced, I don't know since there was never a good standard to begin with. Simply put, soloing I could hardly get past the first chapter of Act II coupled with the fact my pal and I probably sunk close to a million gold each worth of repairs over a few weeks of fighting Belial. That was about two months ago when I last played. The speed in which I'm going through inferno is laughable. Oh, and those new legendaries and level 63 rares, utter bullshit for the time being. I've vendored every level 63 rare I've gotten with out anything being of worth to auction or keep. Also managed to score blacksmith plans for a set, splurged on forging a piece of it, and its utter garbage. I figured a set piece would roll at least one stat over 100, not every one well under it. This will probably bide my time for the remainder of the month but will be soon forgotten when the semester starts.

It's no wonder the dev team that made this is trying to save face by blasting the creator; this game is utter shit and I'd in no way want my name tied to it.

Scaling back Inferno would be a welcome thing, but if they've nerfed it to the extent you're talking about it kind of defeats the purpose of the highest difficulty. I like the Paragon level thing, so I don't have to worry as much over magic find, but 100 is excessive considering how long it'll take to max out. I'll hop back in at some point but not overly motivated to do so.

Jump to Post

08.24.2012 5:59am

Zet
Registered Member

The new patch seems to fix some of the problems but not enough to really keep my attention for much longer. For one, I lost my first hard core character due to a server disconnect the other day. There is still a lot of rubber banding(at least from what I see) and it doesn't seem to get better, even though blizzard constantly has in patch notes that it's fixed. The averaging out of mobs with elites seems pretty good and I've noticed that I am getting a lot more blues and yellows then ever before. I'll be damned if I can get a legendary to drop though. I'm only really playing this game until something better comes out, like Guild Wars 2. Probably won't play this much after that.

Oh and here's my profile I guess.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sinfest-1175/

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 2:46am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Jay Wilson steps down. Lol.

Again, I am seriously glad I didn't support this piece of shit game.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 4:42am

Zet
Registered Member

I don't know if that's good news or bad news. He's not actually leaving the company and is moving onto a "new" project within the company. I guess it's a bit of both. Good for Diablo III(possibly, assuming they can fix that mess) and bad for whatever else Jay decides to touch...

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 5:15am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I didn't hate Diablo III, but it was pretty unremarkable and I haven't touched it in ages. I'm glad I didn't actually pay money for it.

Those are much kinder words than I could ever say about Diablo 2, though. I really don't know how that broken piece of shit ever got so popular.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 5:18pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Give D3 the kind of endgame options as D2 and it would have been a great game, but when the best items rarely drop, you have to constantly rely on the AH to keep up with gear in the higher levels, and the highest difficulty is Blizzard trolling players....I haven't touched D3 in months.

It's insane that mob drops are so bad. Once I got to the mid-30s, I almost never found anything useful.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 5:28pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'd like to see the Skill/Rune system used in a better game. I love that system, especially compared to D2's awful talent trees and arbitrary, meaningless stat allocation. The closest is Mists of Pandaria's talent system, which just uses the "fewer in number, yet far more meaningful choices" concept, which is a HUGE improvement over the Vanilla-Cata trees.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 6:02pm

Kal
yes

I forgot this game was even installed on my pc. Ima go uninstall right now.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 6:54pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The skill/rune system works great, but the higher difficulties pigeon-hole you into, at most, two viable builds per class to be able to beat anything. I think that was the point in Insane when I said "Fuck it" and stopped playing.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 7:48pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Well, there's one thing Mists did right over D3 then. There are a few better talents and glyphs than others depending on spec, but for the most part the talents and glyphs are more for situation and preference than anything else. Some talents work better for soloing, some for raiding, some for PVP, some are pure utility.

It's not perfect since there are some talents that are clearly better than the others. Like for Lv 90 Warrior Talents, Bloodbath is a lot better for all three specs than Storm Bolt and Avatar in terms of DPS and cooldown. But a lot of these issues are related to numbers and stat scaling rather than at the conceptual level for the talents' mechanics. So you can make adjustments to the numbers and make the other talents more viable in patches and hotfixes.

The only talent I'm aware of that is overwhelmingly good and outright mandatory at a mechanical level is a Rogue talent called Preparation. And they're fixing it by introducing a new talent at that tier and giving Preparation to every Rogue as a baseline ability.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 8:21pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I've never seen a game do such a good job of tricking you into thinking it was good.  It is truly impressive in that sense.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 8:33pm

Arckanghel
Pirate.

I played the demo the other day just to finally try it out for myself. My girlfriend asked why I was replaying Diablo II. I think that about sums about what a decade produced.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 8:42pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

They can try and fix D3 all they want. The community that was chomping at the bit for the game has long since left.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter