Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Diablo 3

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

What class?

Show Poll Results

06.12.2012 5:40am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

It's not challenging, at least not as melee.

It's stupid.  You just instantly die.  Vortex/Waller/Arcane/Plagued/Desecrated.

You walk around, then all of a sudden, *VOIP* and you're dead.  You come back and try it again, get sucked in, locked down, and you're dead in 2 seconds.  You can't do anything about it.  If I were playing poorly and were being punished for it, fine, but this is just abuse, and as melee, since you have to get in their face to hurt them, it's 10 times harder.

Monk and Barbarian take 30% less damage than everybody else, and it seem to mean virtually nothing.

Jump to Post

06.13.2012 1:33am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

It wouldn't be so bad if I could find gear in-game I could upgrade to, but I swear I've never found anything decent since halfway through Hell, and never a weapon. The AH is a necessity instead of an option.

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 7:36am

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

Haven't read through the whole thread, long days week of work and just got paid so I bought myself this little diddy and dove in cock first. Loving it, rolling a demon hunter just hit level 10.

Anyway mad guest passes if anyone hasn't already procured the game or a pass and desires.

If you want to friend me by al means, my id is : Reverick#1168

Back to the world...

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 8:36am

Som
Genitals are Funny

Finally got around to making a Whimsyshire staff. Could only afford to upgrade it to nightmare for now, but once i get more gold, and also actually get to act 3 inferno i'll have a fully upgraded staff FTW :)

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 4:21pm
Thread Creator

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Slowly making my way through Act 2 Inferno, mostly as a monk/wizard combo.  Just got past Magda -- there were a few times where we come across those "fuck it" elites... the last one being fast vortex molten jailer shielded or something like that.  But I'd say we do kill about 80% of them, with only some zerging involved.  It's nice to have the classic tank/spank synergy... my DPS is rock bottom, but I can semi-tank while my wizard goes pew pew.  I'm pretty sure I'd get rocked if I was solo though.  :/

Jump to Post

08.21.2012 9:44am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Oh, Jay Wilson.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369528124

The interview in question, as archived by Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/yiftp/did_everyone_miss_the_drama/

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

08.21.2012 4:27pm

Kal
yes

So who'll be playing after 1.0.4 ?

The changes are interesting, but I think the only thing that could make me play this game again at this point would be that they kill the AH, eleminate primary stat buffs on weapons altogether, significantly increase drop rates of legendaries and dramatically reduce the price/material needed for gem/weapon crafting.

I'll just sit there and wait for Grim Dawn.

Jump to Post

08.21.2012 5:19pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Haven't played in over 2 months but I'll definitely be checking it out.  At least til GW2 head start. :|

Jump to Post

08.21.2012 10:09pm

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

I haven't played in well over a month, perhaps 2 in anticipation of 1.0.4. I don't feel this patch is going to fix much of anything in regards to how broken the game is. But I feel it'll give it a breath of life until I find something better to occupy my time with.

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 1:21am

Som
Genitals are Funny

played it for a bit about an hour ago.  I think if i am to go back to it as a regular thing, they kinda need to get rid of randomised loot. I don't want to spend hours farming for stuff that i just sell to a vendor on the 1 in a billion chance i get something that will help me kill a pack of stupidly OP elites in act 1 inferno.

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 1:51am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Som said:

played it for a bit about an hour ago.  I think if i am to go back to it as a regular thing, they kinda need to get rid of randomised loot. I don't want to spend hours farming for stuff that i just sell to a vendor on the 1 in a billion chance i get something that will help me kill a pack of stupidly OP elites in act 1 inferno.

Isn't that kinda the point of a Diablo game?

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 2:51am
 (Edited on 08.22.2012 at 2:58am)

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

Indiana Jerico said:

Isn't that kinda the point of a Diablo game?

It may be, but personally I've realized that just isn't fun anymore.  The game was briefly fun this time around, but it quickly lost its allure.  This new patch probably won't bring me back...not for more than an hour or two or the occasional game with a friend or the wife.

Even they don't care to play it, and they all loved the previous Diablo games.  They're less in to it than I am, and they all quit shortly after starting, going, "Meh, it just doesn't feel all that fun." 

Which was disappointing, because I thought it was somewhat enjoyable to play with others, but their responses to the game smack of an overall perception of the game; it wasn't bad, but it wasn't enthralling.

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 3:47am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Played a bit today and got 1.5 paragon levels.  It's better than before, but I can't see myself soloing since most of my friends on my list haven't logged on in over a month.  That's the biggest problem for me now. Oh well, GW2 is out on Saturday.

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 9:21am

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

Was on an off with it all day. Gained 3 paragon levels, I don't get how they thought putting 100 of them in was a good idea. It feels like a "here, do this while we unfuck ourselves" sort of move. Inferno is nerfed to shit. Or balanced, I don't know since there was never a good standard to begin with. Simply put, soloing I could hardly get past the first chapter of Act II coupled with the fact my pal and I probably sunk close to a million gold each worth of repairs over a few weeks of fighting Belial. That was about two months ago when I last played. The speed in which I'm going through inferno is laughable. Oh, and those new legendaries and level 63 rares, utter bullshit for the time being. I've vendored every level 63 rare I've gotten with out anything being of worth to auction or keep. Also managed to score blacksmith plans for a set, splurged on forging a piece of it, and its utter garbage. I figured a set piece would roll at least one stat over 100, not every one well under it. This will probably bide my time for the remainder of the month but will be soon forgotten when the semester starts.

It's no wonder the dev team that made this is trying to save face by blasting the creator; this game is utter shit and I'd in no way want my name tied to it.

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 3:44pm
Thread Creator

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Loot is definitely a bit improved, I found two pretty decent items in Act III yesterday.

Still got plenty and plenty of trash drops, though.  But at least the paragon levels is something to work towards.  I'll be so overjoyed if one day I won't have to gear swap.  To bad that one day won't be until months from now lol.

Anyone up for sharing profiles?  Here's mine to start:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Melchior-1272/

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter