Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Diablo 3

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next >

What class?

Show Poll Results

05.24.2012 7:15am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

Well now that I can actually play the game, I love it.  It's a blast, and the Monk is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had.

About the writing...it is bad, and it's Metzen.  Metzen's writing and ideas start off well enough, but end up as laughable trash that I could write better passed out on my bathroom floor.

The problem is he's seen as some sort of story-god at Blizzard, and I don't think anybody will ever really critique his writing there, and he's going to basically turn in to George Lucas.

Jump to Post

05.24.2012 7:21am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Metzen's highs can be really enjoyable (everything storywise except for Malygos going crazy in Wrath of the Lich King) but his lows are really low (end of Cataclysm, aformentioned Malygos going crazy).

Jump to Post

05.24.2012 8:24am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I'm a major Metzen apologist and I'm cringing a lot through the dialogue.

I LOVE the Templar, though.  His voice actor is killing.

The difference between Blizzard North and the current crew is really noticeable artistically.  It's disappointing.  If only they had stayed for the writing aspect.  This game would just be pure art.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

05.24.2012 9:47am

Som
Genitals are Funny

I have found something i don't like about D3. It's really minor but i hate people on my friends list just barging into my games. I have the option turned off for people to join my games. But they are free to barg in if i am playing a game with someone and that someone has the option still on. Gets annoying. 

Example. i was in a party with a few old WoW guildees. 3 of us waiting on our forth. Then suddenly a guy from my friends list suddenly joins, and just starts to smash his way though all the things. Minor inconvenience, but incredibly annoying since it wasn't the first time friends had barged into games they weren't really invited to.

Jump to Post

05.24.2012 2:48pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Yeah I wish you could stop people from joining your game. The random pop-ins, even from friends, can be annoying. Sometimes I just want to solo some stuff.

Jump to Post

05.24.2012 7:44pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

There's some really weird settings in the game that you'd think would be off by default but are on instead.

Jump to Post

05.24.2012 9:14pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

And off by default that should be on. Elective mode let's you really customize your toolbar and advanced tooltips give you actual numerical values for what skills and runes do, instead of vague descriptions.

Jump to Post

05.25.2012 5:05pm
Thread Creator

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Got hacked.  :(

Thankfully I'm only level 34ish... I had a few good items, but hell, they're still only good level 34 items.  I'm sure I can get back to a functional character pretty quickly.

Suckiest thing is not knowing how it happened.  I run avast, latest version of FF, always keep my Windows updated.  I'm guessing my account was actually hacked a while ago.  I lent my WoW account to a friend years ago, and maybe someone hacked him then and kept the name/pw after all these years?  Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if this problem escalates further, what action Blizzard will eventually take, etc.

(Pre-emptive reponse:  no, I don't have a smart phone, can't get the authenticator app.   Am considering paying for the physical auth now... I guess we'll see.)

Jump to Post

05.25.2012 7:30pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

You can also do a free dialin/text authenticator that will activate if the games think someone's doing something sketchy.

My WoW account got hacked real early in its life, think an adbot compromised it to spam ads on /2 on a Lv 1. I got to Customer Service and they were awesome and responsive. Fortunately the perpetrator didn't do much damage, like take my gold or steal my items. I have a unique email and password just for my Battle.net account that I don't use for anything else and that seems to have done the trick since.

Jump to Post

05.25.2012 8:00pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

Slightly off topic

Was looking at my battle.net page the other day and looked at my old WoW account. Apparently i've been banned from WoW lol. Haven't played WoW in a very long time but still managed to get banned. I felt proud.

Jump to Post

05.25.2012 8:13pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

yeah I was thinking of getting my old account linked, but it's been 4 years or so since I touched WoW and I'm sure it's been hacked and banned for a while as a result heh.

Jump to Post

05.26.2012 4:25am
Thread Creator

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Som said:
Was looking at my battle.net page the other day and looked at my old WoW account. Apparently i've been banned from WoW lol. Haven't played WoW in a very long time but still managed to get banned. I felt proud.

Hey Som, that happened to me as well.  That's part of why I figured my account was hacked way back in the WoW days.  It was banned with al level 4 horde char (I played alliance) with a junk user name.  Silly of me to not immediately change my PW, but I really thought very little of it, since I didn't see it until years and years after I quit WoW.

ANYWAY, just bringing it up so that you know it's possible that it was banned because someone hacked into it, and it was someone else that was doing the naughty things (like in Oynx's story, as well.)  If you haven't changed your PW since the WoW days, you should really do it.

Jump to Post

05.26.2012 10:04am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

So I got home an hour ago and someone logged in on my account about 5 minutes later. I continued to log in to kick whoever was trying to hack me out but eventually s/he changed my password. I was cleaned out by the time I reset it. Hoping I don't completely lose today's progress after I get my account rolled back. Moral of the story: get yourself an authenticator. I wish I had.

Jump to Post

05.26.2012 12:00pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

when i quit WoW i removed my authenticator because it was a pain to type when all i was playing was SC2. think i might add it again.

Jump to Post

05.26.2012 7:32pm

Lews
Lord of the Morning

still no further word on a console release?  pretty sure i'm in the minority here on that issue, but i've never been a pc gamer for the simple fact that none of my pc's have ever been close to gaming rigs, and i'm just more comfortable with a controller in my hand than with keyboard/mouse controls.

i've been playing baldur's gate: dark alliance on gamecube lately and if the controls are any kind of similar to d3's controls in the transition from pc to console then it's a sure bet i'd love it.

i heard there was some sort of always-online issue with blizzard and psn as well as the real money auction house issue or something.  haven't heard anything further.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter