Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Diablo 3

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Next >

What class?

Show Poll Results

05.17.2012 3:31am

scnix
scnix.com

I think this video deserves to be here as well.

Jump to Post

05.17.2012 1:32pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Well Tuesday afternoon I took my computer over to a friend's place like we used to in the old days of LAN parties and beat the game on normal difficulty last night. Tuesday we didn't quite get through Act I before the servers went down, but got up eqarly yesterday and played from 7 a.m. until this morning and had it beat around midnight. He was a barbarian and I have a witch doctor.

Fantastic game, great time powering through everything, and can't wait to go at it again (well, we started on nightmare without hesitation afterward). Yeah the server issues are a pain in the ass, but I'm so glad Diablo is back, and back like this.

Jump to Post

05.17.2012 4:13pm
Thread Creator

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

I envy all of you with enough time to play and beat the game already.  I've been pretty busy this week + server issues, been dying to play but haven't even finished Act I yet.  :(

Still loving it though.  Hopefully it just means I get to stretch my game time out and play for longer.  :D

Jump to Post

05.18.2012 12:37pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I'm into a stretch of 13 days of work in a row now so I made sure I took some time off beforehand so I could actually play a bit. It'll just be bits here and there for the next while. Ah well.

Jump to Post

05.18.2012 5:51pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

So in trying out Wizard (I named her Twilight. >_>), I was running through the Cathedral Lv 1 and found a Black Mushroom.

I'm very confused right now.

Jump to Post

05.18.2012 7:53pm

Ladile
Medic!

I've never played a Diablo game until now, but I figured I'd try it since I got it with the WoW annual pass.  I can definitely see why they're so popular! I've only dinked around in Act 1 a bit and tried a few of the classes so far, but Monk is a blast and Demon Hunter seems promising as well since I'm a fan of ranged bow attacks.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 10:22am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Finished off Nightmare and now getting my ass handed to me in Hell difficulty. So close to level 54 and ZOMBIE BEARS. My Witch Doctor, Shango, is so fun to play.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 11:06am

Kal
yes

Onyx said:

So in trying out Wizard (I named her Twilight. >_>;), I was running through the Cathedral Lv 1 and found a Black Mushroom.

I too found one back in the beta, I was sorely disappointed when it didn't make that "bhaa" sound

Jump to Post

05.22.2012 1:57am

Zet
Registered Member

Onyx said:

So in trying out Wizard (I named her Twilight. >_>;), I was running through the Cathedral Lv 1 and found a Black Mushroom.

You need 5 more very random spawning items and a 150k gold (On Normal, it increases for higher difficulties), to create the item to access the land of ponies. (Since there is no cow level)

I just got all the items necessary to access the secret level. Took me 5-6 hrs of farming specifically for each one.

Jump to Post

05.22.2012 9:06am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Got 60 on Saturday.  Been messing around with Inferno while also leveling a DH (38).  I also opened up that secret level posted above.  Now I need 700k to upgrade it to Hell. >.>

Jump to Post

05.23.2012 1:56am

Seelas
I want to go back.

I love this game so much and I can't stop playing.

I'm just going to post one brief critique because it's easier to criticize than describe positive qualities, and that is this: Blizzard has to produce the worst writing in the game industry. I think their idea of a villain at this point is someone who calls you up occasionally to tell you that you suck and stuff. Chris Metzen's idea of workable prose is literally cancer; it doesn't even succeed on a "don't take it seriously" or "so bad it's good" level.

Ultimately though, it's Diablo so who really cares. Time to go beat Hell.

Jump to Post

05.23.2012 9:10am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I'm only a couple hours in but the blacksmith is my favorite character somehow.  Haedrig rocks.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

05.23.2012 2:17pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I HAVE GODDAMN ZOMBIE BEARS!

Also, BigTall#1218.

Jump to Post

05.23.2012 10:56pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Seelas said:

I love this game so much and I can't stop playing.

I'm just going to post one brief critique because it's easier to criticize than describe positive qualities, and that is this: Blizzard has to produce the worst writing in the game industry. I think their idea of a villain at this point is someone who calls you up occasionally to tell you that you suck and stuff. Chris Metzen's idea of workable prose is literally cancer; it doesn't even succeed on a "don't take it seriously" or "so bad it's good" level.

Ultimately though, it's Diablo so who really cares. Time to go beat Hell.

Merely a setback.

Having messed with the gameplay systems and runes, I think the gameplay customization is absolutely brilliant. Much more elegant and balanced than D2 ever was. I'm sure some options will be more viable than others ultimately, but there's so many interesting builds floating around right now (like Wizard tanking build, a phrase you don't expect to see well, ever). And with such a tiny penalty for re-speccing in a tiny cooldown, it really encourages a ton of experimentation and trial-and-error approach to playing.

In a way it reminds me a LOT of FFV's philosophy in approaching the job system.

Jump to Post

05.24.2012 7:01am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

The writing ain't so great.

But the voice acting is the best I've ever heard.  No hestitation making that claim.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter