Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Ni No Kuni Review is here! ITS GOOD NEWS!

02.04.2013 11:29pm

Seelas
I want to go back.

I'm hitting the point where I think my choice of familiars might really affect my survivability, cause things are getting tough. Weirdly, my Mitey is still my strongest dude, even though I hear everyone say he sucks. I got Little Bighorn in the volcano, but even though I've been leveling him diligently, all his stats are strictly worse than Mitey's. Maybe I need to evolve him...can't find a Stardrop anywhere.

It's hard for me to tell what to commit to since the familiars all start at level 1 (and are constantly getting pushed back to level 1 when you evolve them).

Jump to Post

02.05.2013 12:01am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Let's zoom out and continue cyber-bating over how fantastic this game is. I haven't been transported into an RPG in this way for a VERY long time. For all of the things that are unique about Ni no Kuni, a its heart this game is a throwback. In this genre, throwback is a very good thing.

Jump to Post

02.05.2013 4:31pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I LOVE my Mitey!  Of course I haven't found anything great to replace him with yet anyway (just got the ship).  I fought a ton of those Bighorns in the volcano but didn't get any - the capture rate REALLY sucks.  Of course it really doesn't matter who Oliver uses as Esther has my Griffy (Griffindor :P) and he demolishes everything before anyone else has a chance.  Love him. 

I was having a little trouble with bosses, but now I pretty much just set Esther to keep us healthy and stay as far away from the boss as Oliver and spam whatever spell seems appropriate.   Been working so far!

Jump to Post

02.06.2013 8:47am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I like the presentation in this game, but know nothing about the combat. Which game is it most like? Also, since your character is a child, is the story kiddy like Blue Dragon? Lastly, is the system of familiars like Pokemon or FF XIII-2?

cyber-bating
Haha!

Jump to Post

02.06.2013 1:26pm

Amer
pew pew pew

To me, the combat is most like the Tales series. The important distinction to that is that at the beginning of the battle you choose to either go as yourself and mostly cast spells or if you call and use your familiar instead. You can then switch between yourself and familiars in battle. 

But you still move around the battle area and call commands in real time like a Tales game. 

The story is "kiddy" in a  Studio Ghibli way, if that makes sense. If you've seen one of those movies, you know what I'm talking about. 

Jump to Post

02.07.2013 2:28am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I mnow what you're talking about. It's also a minimalist story in the line of Dragon Quest or The Legend of Zelda.

Jump to Post

02.10.2013 11:23pm

Feanor
Dominator

Aye, loving this game and spending way too much time wanting to capture and level everything. I must have played 25 hours and Oliver is on level 25 too and I've only just decided to head to the Cove!

I seriously love this game for its presentation though. The creature designs are great (damned if I don't want to use certain creatures just because their designs are ace) and the locations are wonderful too. <3 those cel-shaded graphics. Sorta makes me wish I'd got the special edition now.

I'll probably do a bit more levelling and capturing but I'm sure I'll get on with the story soon enough...

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 12:01am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Enjoy this while you can folks. RPGs of this caliber just don't come around very often.

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 12:49am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Atma Weapon said:

Enjoy this while you can folks. RPGs of this caliber just don't come around very often.

I dont know. We have 3 in the span of a month. 

Possibly 4 in the span of two months. 

Ni No Kuni
Fire Emblem
Etrain Odyssey 4
South Park 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 12:56am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

South Park?

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 1:31am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

The Stick of Truth. Its an RPG done by Obisian. 

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 9:41am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I bought the game recently but haven't played it yet. I will try it this coming weekend.

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 3:52pm

Feanor
Dominator

Nice upcoming titles... but I gotta admit that I wish the Japanese market wasn't so heavily dominated by handhelds these days.

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 5:02pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Clowd Cole said:

I dont know. We have 3 in the span of a month. 

Possibly 4 in the span of two months. 

Ni No Kuni
Fire Emblem
Etrain Odyssey 4
South Park 

Plus the fact that we just had Xenoblade and Radiant Historia, I'd say it's been a very good 2 years for jRPGs

Jump to Post

02.12.2013 4:22pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Just finished the game. And it was amazing. Defaintly a great start to the gaming year. 

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter