Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

2011 MLB Postseason

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

10.10.2011 2:03am

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

Albert Pujols has been in this funk all season.  He's treaded water a few times, but mostly he's been underwater.  It's time to shake it off, dude.  Contract year.  Prove you're worth millions of dollars.

Jump to Post

10.10.2011 11:04am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

That play at first when Dotel tossed the ball wide was the most glaring. Pujols didn't even try and snag it, just watched the damn thing go by. BEAST MODE!

With Magglio now out, the Rangers shouldn't haven't a tough time against the Tigers. Detroit doesn't have much of a lineup left to put up a fight.

Jump to Post

10.10.2011 9:21pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I think you're selling Detroit too short. Ordonez wasn't having that great a postseason anyway. And they're getting Delmon Young back tonight, which should help out considerably.

Plus don't underestimate Miguel Cabrera (who, IMO, should be the AL MVP) and Victor Martinez.

Jump to Post

10.13.2011 4:22pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

Whoo, go Cardinals bullpen!

Jump to Post

10.13.2011 4:39pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Onyx said:

I think you're selling Detroit too short. Ordonez wasn't having that great a postseason anyway. And they're getting Delmon Young back tonight, which should help out considerably.

Plus don't underestimate Miguel Cabrera (who, IMO, should be the AL MVP) and Victor Martinez.

The problem with Young is he might be able to hit but he can't field any better than Vlad Guererro due to the oblique strain. With Victor Martinez having the same injury, the DH spot is a bit full. Detroit had been able to stay in each game due to their pitching, but the offense, time and again, has failed to capitalize on their chances. I think it was Game 2 Sunday when they had runners in scoring position the first three innings and ended up with one run to show for it.

Jump to Post

10.14.2011 4:37pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

Last night's game really pissed me off.  It was like a return of the July/August Cardinals.  No discipline, defensive miscues...  Ugh.

Jump to Post

10.14.2011 5:16pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Holy shit, the Brewers actually won a game on the road! It's a miracle!

Jump to Post

10.15.2011 6:22am

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

And tonight the Brewers made 4 screw-ups on the field and lost.
The Cardinals are winning 3-2 so if they win the next game on Sunday.... :D

Jump to Post

10.15.2011 12:41pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The Brewers were due for that kind of game. They've been trying to be Harvey's Wallbangers and it doesn't work when the offense is running as smoothly as...um...something that doesn't run well. On the plus side, they play their best ball at home so it's hard to count them out just yet.

Jump to Post

10.16.2011 10:17am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Detroit should go hide under a rock.  That third inning was shameful.

Jump to Post

10.16.2011 1:09pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Shameful is one word for it. Texas took advantage though, and back to the World Series they go.

Jump to Post

10.17.2011 3:30pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

Cardinals are going to the World Series.  Fantastic!

Jump to Post

10.23.2011 6:00am

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

The Cardinals won at 16-7, that game was crazy... I wish I was with friends playing a drinking game. :(

Well not really, I hate alcohol, that score is just good for one.

Cardinals are leading at 2-1

Jump to Post

10.23.2011 11:01am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

So...Pujols just woke up. Goodbye Texas.

Jump to Post

10.23.2011 4:31pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Pujols did a heck of a Reggie Jackson impression last night.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter