Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 4

< Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Next >

06.20.2014 3:30am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

...Huh...that's a good point.  I thought half the point of doing it was because Jojen had the vision, but...hmm.  Wow.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I'm not sure being turned in to paste would be considered throwing a bone, though.

Jump to Post

06.20.2014 4:04am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

ADWD spoiler:

Jojen Paste is just theory at this point, though. At best, it's implied that his blood is in the paste, but it's far from confirmed that he's dead in the book.

And by Meera taking over Jojen's place, I meant the eventual return to Greywater Watch (the Reeds' home) and whatever was supposed to happen to Jojen there. Although maybe in the show they'll have Meera avoid death somehow?

Jump to Post

06.20.2014 4:39am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

Well, if I recall correctly, when Bran asks Meera where Jojen is, she starts crying.  With the unknown but fair amount of time that has passed, and I believe everybody else that was there is still there, and that Jojen knew he was going to die, it's pretty heavily implied that yeah, Jojen sacrificed himself for Bran to be...whatever he becomes.

I think he also sees or hears something that in the past men were sacrificed for this?

It's not 100% clear, but it's about as clear and implied as a certain other character's parentage.

Jump to Post

06.20.2014 1:28pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jojen's health was already failing as they neared the cave. 

The paste is probably just weirwood sap, which is red and constantly referred to as blood-like.

Getting killed in the show and then fireballed post-mortum is a pretty good indicator that his sole purpose was to get Bran to the cave--at which point he probably finished dying.  The paste theory either wasn't true or is vastly unimportant.

(The only Jojen theory more ridiculous than Jojen-paste is that Jojen is Meera's dad.)

Probably not vastly unimportant:  Greywater Watch and Howland Reed, AKA, the only person who knows Jon's true parentage.  And the key to that particular plot?  Is Meera.  So her getting pasted is also prrrrrretty unlikely.

Jump to Post

06.20.2014 8:54pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

France looks dangerous

Oops wrong thread

Jump to Post

07.13.2014 6:52am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Apropos of nothing, here is a .gif of Natalie Dormer eating an apple in a hammock.

All hail.

Jump to Post

07.14.2014 2:06pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

This is one of those .gifs that I could just stare at all day.

*fans self*  Lordy.

Jump to Post

07.14.2014 7:27pm

Testament
Shamshot

I want an apple now.  Real bad...

Jump to Post

07.27.2014 1:30am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Soooo ... Season 5 casting, anyone?

Love Alexander Siddig as Prince Doran. Got the one positive out of the way.

The rest, though, is rather bullshit. All the Sand Snakes are whitewashed. And looks like they're leaving out Arianne, which is just wrong. They aged up Trystane and called him the "heir to Dorne" explicitly, which lends credence to the rumor that they cut out Arianne and gave Trystane all her key plot elements. If those rumors are true I might not even watch next season. This is dealbreaker-level. Oh, and to make matters worse on that front, they cast the Whitest White Boy to Ever White as Trystane.

Jump to Post

07.27.2014 1:35am
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Is Trystane gonna bone Arys?

Jump to Post

07.27.2014 1:38am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

It's been a while since I saw Season 2, but did Arys even go with Myrcella in the show?

Jump to Post

07.27.2014 6:40am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

As someone who has read book 4 twice and 5 once... meh. I had trouble keeping all the Dornish characters straight anyway (not to mention the Ironborn), and their plotlines mostly meandered anyhow, so I'm not so miffed. 

Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow, though... brilliant.

Jump to Post

07.27.2014 3:33pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

The Greyjoy chapters, I'll give you. Those were boring. But the Dorne chapters were easily some of the most focused and interesting in AFFC.

Jump to Post

07.28.2014 8:27pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

I dunno, I found Arianne's chapters to be boring as hell.  I preferred Brienne's to hers.  The Ironbabby chapters were okay.

For me, AFFC was at its best during the Jaime and Cersei chapters.

Jump to Post

07.28.2014 9:03pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Arianne is less important in terms of how good her chapters are (they are frequently boring) as she is in terms of what her character means to Dorne and, in turn, what Dorne means to greater Westeros.

Greater Westeros:  ruled by rich old white guys, overwhelmingly mysoginistic society.
Dorne:  ruled irregardless of gender, women have equal social and legal rights as men, not entirely populated by white people.

Dorne, from the viewer's perspective, with Trystane as the heir instead of Arianne:  ruled irregardless of gender, women have equal social and legal rights as men, not entirely populated by white people.

You can probably strike that last bit too, given the casting choices, and the fact that Show!Dorne is more Spain than the Middle East.

So basically the only thing that seperates Show!Dorne from the rest of Westeros is Latin accents, spicy food, and a general horniness.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter